ADVERTISEMENT

I hope Leach goes after all the top FL hs qbs

ShockandAweWSU

Head Coach
Feb 20, 2018
A buddy of mine says the Minshew Mania in northern Florida is crazy right now. Remember this is an NFL franchise that has never really had great QB play. Mark Brunell and Garard are their two best qbs. Minshews story is amazing. Hs qbs in Florida have to be intrigued by Wazzu right now.

Until now Leach QBs have been NFL flops. Hopefully, Minshew's success can drive more elite QB interest our way. I remain amazed that blue chip high school QBs have shown so little interest in WSU under Leach. You get to throw 80% of the time, you will put up huge numbers right out of the box, virtually guaranteed success if you play, and you will win. Why aren't we beating these kids off with a stick? The only thing I can think of is "system QB" tag. Minshew is changing that.

Until now Leach QBs have been NFL flops. Hopefully, Minshew's success can drive more elite QB interest our way. I remain amazed that blue chip high school QBs have shown so little interest in WSU under Leach. You get to throw 80% of the time, you will put up huge numbers right out of the box, virtually guaranteed success if you play, and you will win. Why aren't we beating these kids off with a stick? The only thing I can think of is "system QB" tag. Minshew is changing that.

Our last 'blue-chip' QB ended up bouncing to about 3 different schools. His mom was hot, though. Which is nice.

I'm cool with growing them up from mere 2 and 3 stars.

Reactions: 79COUG
With Gardner there it's going to be like Woodstock except everybody's gonna have their clothes on

With Gardner there it's going to be like Woodstock except everybody's gonna have their clothes on and the weather will be good.

Fixed.

The NFL system is the air raid now. Before they were "busts" because the NFL was trying to do it their old way and didn't understand what Leach's way was. Now they have to use it.

Leach QBs were ahead of their time. And now the NFL can't get enough of them.

A Leach QB (Riley) has coached the last two Heisman winners and 1st round starters.
A Leach QB is now an NFL coach (Kingsburry)
2 Leach QBs are starting in the NFL (Falk / Minshew)
A Leach QB coached an NFL Rookie of the Year (Mahommes)
A Leach QB is coaching offense at USC - Harell

Tim Couch was WAY ahead of his time.
Kingburry was way ahead of his time.
All the rest were way ahead of their time.

Now is the time. In probably the next 4 years it will be mostly Air Raid spread QBs all over the NFL. ALL OVER

Reactions: taf88 and ATACFD
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT