ADVERTISEMENT

I hope Oregon absolutely dismantles CU this weekend

Uh...no. I'd rather take Colorado out than Oregon doing it. Let Oregon lose to Colorado.

I'm rooting for the Buffs on Saturday. Then we take them out on 11/17. Students will still be on campus.

Respectfully disagree. What Sanders has done at CU is harmful to schools like WSU. It's hard enough for us to compete in the current NIL environment without having charlatans like Sanders using his influence to snipe players from other schools.

His clown show is turning college football into reality TV where "the show" is more important than the games themselves. It's not good

Respectfully disagree. What Sanders has done at CU is harmful to schools like WSU. It's hard enough for us to compete in the current NIL environment without having charlatans like Sanders using his influence to snipe players from other schools.

His clown show is turning college football into reality TV where "the show" is more important than the games themselves. It's not good
Hope this comes across as a true question, but why do you think Sanders is a "charlatan"? I get not liking the guy because his "act" definitely isn't for everyone including myself. However, the fact he was able to get coaches like Sean Lewis as OC, Mike Zimmer was involved, etc. Doesn't that suggest there's substance there?

Again, I get not liking the guy but results are results. CU hasn't beaten anyone really, but they are 3-0. Even if he gets the doors blown off the rest of the way that's a significant improvement year-over-year. Anyway, just wondering. As much as I don't really like the guy, so far the results say he knows what he's doing.

Reactions: KRUSTYtheCOUG

Adapt or perish -- I'd be tickled pink if Dickert crushed it in the portal, stealing players left, right and center. So would you. You sound like all those coaches and commentators who used to complained about John Chaplin, and our "foreign" athletes. They just didn't like WSU mopping the floor with them with superior talent. Had our "foreign athletes" been a bunch of crap, they wouldn't have given a shit where they were from. Likewise, were Colorado 0-3, you wouldn't be "so concerned."

Adapt or perish -- I'd be tickled pink if Dickert crushed it in the portal, stealing players left, right and center. So would you. You sound like all those coaches and commentators who used to complained about John Chaplin, and our "foreign" athletes. They just didn't like WSU mopping the floor with them with superior talent. Had our "foreign athletes" been a bunch of crap, they wouldn't have given a shit where they were from. Likewise, were Colorado 0-3, you wouldn't be "so concerned."
Yeah I’m not a sanders fan but when he’s 3-0 and the way they’ve done it (ok they got cocky w CSU) it’s not luck. He’s got a formula that’s working. Kinda like the running up the score argument, you don’t like it, do something about it. CSU damn near did I suspect Oregon and SC will. Will definitely give our game some extra juice in November when it looked like it was going to be a cold game against a crap opponent not long ago.

Prime is a clown and as much as I hate Oregon, I’ll take Oregon. Deon and his team is a bunch of cocky players including his son who was saying he was in Brady mode and calling himself Baby Brady.

True that.

Yeah I’m not a sanders fan but when he’s 3-0 and the way they’ve done it (ok they got cocky w CSU) it’s not luck. He’s got a formula that’s working. Kinda like the running up the score argument, you don’t like it, do something about it. CSU damn near did I suspect Oregon and SC will. Will definitely give our game some extra juice in November when it looked like it was going to be a cold game against a crap opponent not long ago.
Deion can flat out coach. Have you noticed that Lincoln Riley has brought in 40 kids through the portal to USC, stole a Coug -- like they were depleted -- and no one bats an eyelash. Deion takes over an anti-USC, a team 1-11 team that has had one winning season since 2005, and he supposed to do it the old fashion way, bringing in a bunch of freshmen, and getting their arse handed to them for at least 2or 3 more years? I sense a double standard!

Sanders is a figurehead. It's somewhat like what Herm was trying to do at ASU with the "CEO" thing while letting his assistants do everything while he used his NFL cred to recruit, but on another level in terms of the attention he gets and the players he'll be able to get. I think he was able to get those legit guys as assistants in part because everyone knows they're actually running all of the football stuff, and there's going to be a lot of mostly positive attention on it. I have ... well, I don't know if it's respect, per se, but probably more like "recognition," for his ability to get those guys on board and actually get it done. I wouldn't count the season as a success prematurely, though. His kid has been key to everything thus far and is getting hit a bit. I wouldn't be shocked to see this turn into something like 7-5. Still a lot better than what they had and worth every cent they are paying him and the staff, to put it mildly.

Hope this comes across as a true question, but why do you think Sanders is a "charlatan"? I get not liking the guy because his "act" definitely isn't for everyone including myself. However, the fact he was able to get coaches like Sean Lewis as OC, Mike Zimmer was involved, etc. Doesn't that suggest there's substance there?

Again, I get not liking the guy but results are results. CU hasn't beaten anyone really, but they are 3-0. Even if he gets the doors blown off the rest of the way that's a significant improvement year-over-year. Anyway, just wondering. As much as I don't really like the guy, so far the results say he knows what he's doing.

So far, Sanders has won by having more talent than his competition. At Jackson State, he overwhelmed the competition but still didn't win a championship.

Saturday night, he looked like a guy who was in over his head against a team that looked pretty mediocre when we played them. I don't think CSU is as bad as we made them look, but hype and talent only go so far and I'm not sold on the guy yet. But yeah, 3-0 is 3-0.

So far, Sanders has won by having more talent than his competition. At Jackson State, he overwhelmed the competition but still didn't win a championship.

Saturday night, he looked like a guy who was in over his head against a team that looked pretty mediocre when we played them. I don't think CSU is as bad as we made them look, but hype and talent only go so far and I'm not sold on the guy yet. But yeah, 3-0 is 3-0.
Sanders took over a 1-11 team and you just said that he beat defending national runner up TCU because he had more talent. Less than a year after sanders got there. Not sure if you realize it but you just gave sanders a ringing endorsement.

What’s he supposed to do as a new coach aside from infuse a dead program with talent. He’s done that. He’s clearly a damn good motivator. We know he can recruit. And looks like he put a pretty good coaching staff together. Seems like he understands his role and playing it.

I’m sick of the CU hype too but they are just gonna get better. Yea, probably 7 wins this year, but next year…10+ would be my guess. Particularly if Shedeur comes back.

Its Friday night on the start of Thanksgiving break. What makes you think students will stick around?
The influencer generation isn’t going to miss an opportunity to see a celebrity stroll into Pullman wearing gold chains and potentially having some hip hop star in tow as well. This will be the best attended late November game other than an AC in years…possibly ever.

Prime has done a good job getting good coaches on his staff. That signals that he's a secure guy that is wanting to have the best team possible. I'll give him that.

It's the "hype" around that team and him which I want to see ended. I saw him and his kid on a KFC commercial yesterday. When that Buff team comes down to reality -- it will happen -- the hype will soon diminish.

The Sanders hype train is real. Unless both teams crash and burn there will be a respectable turnout.
Adding to the train:

60 Minutes began their 56th Season Premier Sunday night, (last night). This aired after the CSU game.

Note: 60 Minutes did a story last year on Jackson State, and with Mike Leach when he was at Tech.

Sanders took over a 1-11 team and you just said that he beat defending national runner up TCU because he had more talent. Less than a year after sanders got there. Not sure if you realize it but you just gave sanders a ringing endorsement.

What’s he supposed to do as a new coach aside from infuse a dead program with talent. He’s done that. He’s clearly a damn good motivator. We know he can recruit. And looks like he put a pretty good coaching staff together. Seems like he understands his role and playing it.

I’m sick of the CU hype too but they are just gonna get better. Yea, probably 7 wins this year, but next year…10+ would be my guess. Particularly if Shedeur comes back.

At face value, the TCU win was a good one....but week one victories (and losses) are hard to judge. We lost to FCS teams in week one in 2015 and 2016. I'm going to say that we were the better team those years, we just weren't as ready to go. TCU lost a lot of talent off that runner up team. We went 3-8 in 1998 after winning the Pac-10 conference in 1997. College football teams can change a lot in an off-season, for better and worse. It's going to take some time to know if the TCU win was actually good or not.

Speaking of the hype train, CU (or Dieon) fans are threatening the life of the CSU player who got flagged for a late hit on 2 way WR/DB Hunter from CU. College football meets the WWE. Crazy

Prime has done a good job getting good coaches on his staff. That signals that he's a secure guy that is wanting to have the best team possible. I'll give him that.

It's the "hype" around that team and him which I want to see ended. I saw him and his kid on a KFC commercial yesterday. When that Buff team comes down to reality -- it will happen -- the hype will soon diminish.
If he’s 6-4 or 5-5 by then, the hype will be gone.

CU's depth will now be tested. And I'm curious how things will go in the classroom and police blotter in the offseason.

Reactions: Coug90

The CU commercial with all of the "Prime" references was nauseating. And then I saw he was going to be on 60 minutes....

Speaking of the hype train, CU (or Dieon) fans are threatening the life of the CSU player who got flagged for a late hit on 2 way WR/DB Hunter from CU. College football meets the WWE. Crazy

People are out of control and here is more proof

Furthermore, Prime raiding LOTS of 4,5 star players, recruits, from the transfer portal, using NIL, IS NOT STOPPING, HAS NOT STOPPED Dickert, WSU, and the Dickert, WSU types from using the portal to semi reload, etc.

Dickert, WSU had a LOT of holes to fill because of LOTS of players leaving WSU, via the Portal, because of NIL, and Dickert just INSTANTLY, IMMEDIATLY PLUGGED, FILLED EVERY hole, and it looks like WSU will win 7,8,9 games this season.

I see Dickert, WSU, becoming a type of semi top minor league farm team, that loses a LOT of players each season, and RELOADING each season, and in each 6 year period, having 1 year that 4,5,6 wins, 1 year that 9,10, 9.5 wins, 2 years that 7 wins, 2 years that 8 wins, in a P5 conference.

In a MWC, or rebuilt PAC, it would be 1 year of 6,7,8 wins, 1 year of 9,10,11,12 wins, 3,4 years of 8,9,8.5 wins.

Despite this, I'm not saying that what Prime, CU did is good, as it was extremely bad getting 80 players from the portal in 1 season.

But most of those players were 4,5 stars.

And can get 3.5 star players to build a successful program.

And no matter how bad things get, good coaches, programs ADAPT.

WSU is a semi good program under Dickert who is a semi good coach, who ADAPTS.

Plus there are reports that it was mainly/strictly De-on that drove the exit of CO out of the PAC and into the BigICantCount 12.

Why has Sanders been able to attract such good coaches? Because they want to work under him due to him being such a brilliant football mind? Or is it because Boulder is such a great place to coach? Is it due to the storied history (especially recently) of the program? Or is it mainly because they have dedicated a boatload of dollars to pay ALL the coaches, not just the head coach?

I wonder......

Why has Sanders been able to attract such good coaches? Because they want to work under him due to him being such a brilliant football mind? Or is it because Boulder is such a great place to coach? Is it due to the storied history (especially recently) of the program? Or is it mainly because they have dedicated a boatload of dollars to pay ALL the coaches, not just the head coach?

I wonder......
Stretch,

Reply, I'm here...when you're back online...

Furthermore, Prime raiding LOTS of 4,5 star players, recruits, from the transfer portal, using NIL, IS NOT STOPPING, HAS NOT STOPPED Dickert, WSU, and the Dickert, WSU types from using the portal to semi reload, etc.

Dickert, WSU had a LOT of holes to fill because of LOTS of players leaving WSU, via the Portal, because of NIL, and Dickert just INSTANTLY, IMMEDIATLY PLUGGED, FILLED EVERY hole, and it looks like WSU will win 7,8,9 games this season.

I see Dickert, WSU, becoming a type of semi top minor league farm team, that loses a LOT of players each season, and RELOADING each season, and in each 6 year period, having 1 year that 4,5,6 wins, 1 year that 9,10, 9.5 wins, 2 years that 7 wins, 2 years that 8 wins, in a P5 conference.

In a MWC, or rebuilt PAC, it would be 1 year of 6,7,8 wins, 1 year of 9,10,11,12 wins, 3,4 years of 8,9,8.5 wins.

Despite this, I'm not saying that what Prime, CU did is good, as it was extremely bad getting 80 players from the portal in 1 season.

But most of those players were 4,5 stars.

And can get 3.5 star players to build a successful program.

And no matter how bad things get, good coaches, programs ADAPT.

WSU is a semi good program under Dickert who is a semi good coach, who ADAPTS.
If you mean by "lots," 4 four star high school recruits, and one fools gold player, then he has "raided up" bigtime, but in reality, his biggest upgrade players has been his sons Shilo and Shedeur. He's taken a ton of kids buried on other teams depth charts.

Let's not forget, he is recruiting to the two decade long doormat of the Pac-12. His biggest HS "star" he signed has been the grossly overrate Savell Smalls, so he wasted a schollie right there, despite his "5 star" HS rating. Sadly, the kid is 1 star all day.

I wonder......
$$$$$$$$

If you mean by "lots," 4 four star high school recruits, and one fools gold player, then he has "raided up" bigtime, but in reality, his biggest upgrade players has been his sons Shilo and Shedeur. He's taken a ton of kids buried on other teams depth charts.

Let's not forget, he is recruiting to the two decade long doormat of the Pac-12. His biggest HS "star" he signed has been the grossly overrate Savell Smalls, so he wasted a schollie right there, despite his "5 star" HS rating. Sadly, the kid is 1 star all day.

The point your missing, is that whether it's reality, reputation, perception, etc, supposedly Prime chased about 80 players from his team, and replaced them with about 80, 3.5 star, 4 star, 4.5 star players, from the TRANSFER PORTAL, and that because of that, he was hurting WSU types, and that because of that WSU types screwed.

My point was that can adapt.

Does NOT matter to the point I was making whether Prime is either accurate, or sucks, etc, in his EVALUATIONS.

Got to hand it to Prime, he stepped up and supported the CSU player that injured Hunter. Said it's football, things happen, the kid is just trying to win a game, doesn't deserve the death threats. Not many coaches would do that. Colorado is an interesting story, but they have several losses coming their way, and it's about to strike midnight.

Reactions: Wazzubrooz
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT