ADVERTISEMENT

Inslee's new vaccine mandate to state employees...

ttowncoug

Hall Of Fame
Sep 9, 2001

What happens if I refuse to get vaccinated or refuse to show proof?

Unless someone has a medical or religious exemption, employees who refuse to become fully vaccinated will be subject to “nondisciplinary dismissal” for failing to meet the qualifications of the job.

The same applies to employees who do not provide proof of vaccination.

Curious to see how this plays out for Rolo....

Unless someone has a medical or religious exemption, employees who refuse to become fully vaccinated will be subject to “nondisciplinary dismissal” for failing to meet the qualifications of the job.

Doesn't apply to K-12 or higher ed.

Saw that, but I also saw "However, Inslee is encouraging those entities to adopt a similar approach."

If WSU mirrored the Inslee plan (I'm betting they MIGHT), I'm curious how this is affect things.

Saw that, but I also saw "However, Inslee is encouraging those entities to adopt a similar approach."

If WSU mirrored the Inslee plan (I'm betting they MIGHT), I'm curious how this is affect things.
WSU already laid out their plan. They require it unless you have a personal reason not to get it. How much farther can you go than that without just completely requiring it. This should be a non issue for Rolo.

If Rolo has a valid reason to get a exemption an or has a exemption, he won't get terminated.

But even tho he won't get terminated, it will still affect him, and WSU recruiting, donations, etc, because it still creates the bad optics looks, mess.

People, students, parents, recruits, players, media, etc, etc, are gonna see this mandate by governor inslee that says that state employee's have to get vaccinated, and think "Governor put out mandated vaccinations for all state employee's. Rolo is a state employee, as HC at a State College. Then as such, then why doesn't Rolo COMPLY, get vaccinated".

It creates a BAD look for Rolo, WSU, Schultz, Chun, and continues to put WSU, Chun, etc, in between a rock and a hard place, because they can't dismiss him for not complying with mandate, because it doesn't as DGibbs said doesn't apply to K-12, etc.

It's a bad look that will affect donations, affect recruiting.

Perception is EVERYTHING.

If Rolo has a valid reason to get a exemption an or has a exemption, he won't get terminated.

But even tho he won't get terminated, it will still affect him, and WSU recruiting, donations, etc, because it still creates the bad optics looks, mess.

People, students, parents, recruits, players, media, etc, etc, are gonna see this mandate by governor inslee that says that state employee's have to get vaccinated, and think "Governor put out mandated vaccinations for all state employee's. Rolo is a state employee, as HC at a State College. Then as such, then why doesn't Rolo COMPLY, get vaccinated".

It creates a BAD look for Rolo, WSU, Schultz, Chun, and continues to put WSU, Chun, etc, in between a rock and a hard place, because they can't dismiss him for not complying with mandate, because it doesn't as DGibbs said doesn't apply to K-12, etc.

It's a bad look that will affect donations, affect recruiting.

Perception is EVERYTHING.
You’re underestimating how many people don’t want it, recruiting areas, and the demographics that overlap. Some will not like it, other will happy about it.

I'm more curious about what its going to do for attending games.

Reactions: metprof

Already done.

WSU already laid out their plan. They require it unless you have a personal reason not to get it. How much farther can you go than that without just completely requiring it. This should be a non issue for Rolo.
Just to clarify: medical, religious and personal exemptions.

You’re underestimating how many people don’t want it, recruiting areas, and the demographics that overlap. Some will not like it, other will happy about it.

Your right that half will like it, half not like it.

The half that don't like seeing that Rolo is not vaccinated, despite Gov Inslee mandate, will be the ones that don't donate, don't want their kid to play for WSU, or if a kid, doesn't want to play for WSU.

This will still negatively affect WSU recruiting, donations, etc.

A Smart Salesman, politician, CEO, if Half the people are not going to like it, and if that could affect recruiting, donations, profit, etc, they would make sure they didn't offend HALF the people, by either taking the vaccine, or not taking Vaccine, but keeping MOUTH shut, or at least telling why not taking Vaccine.

If Rolo gets vaccinated, NO ONE GETS OFFENDED.

IF Rolo doesn't get Vaccinated, and doesn't let the word get out about that

No One Gets Offended

If he Doesn't vaccinate, tells everyone that he isn't vaccinated, refuses to say why, and still does that when Gov Inslees mandates that all state employee's like Rolo have to get vaccinated, then HALF get offended and potentially don't donate, don't get recruited to WSU.

Good Sales people, politicians, CEO's just don't either not get vaccinated, let everybody know, not explain why, offend half the people.

It's a bad look optics, mess.

Inslee is a tyrannical douche bag, same with Newsom. Two complete losers that crave more power.

Absolutely True, Amen.

But that doesn't change that Rolo is offending Half the people, and that that Half might not donate, might not get recruited to WSU, even if that HALF is absolutely wrong.

Being right is not comforting, when Half the people are not donating, not being recruited, not buying, and when your losing money.

Is it more important to be right, and tell, show everybody how right you are, or is it more important not to offend half the people, and thus not lose potentially up to half your donations, recruits, profitsx money, etc.

Maybe Inslee wouldn't mind guesting on Joe Rogan's podcast and explain himself over two fingers of whiskey and some cigars.

Your right that half will like it, half not like it.

The half that don't like seeing that Rolo is not vaccinated, despite Gov Inslee mandate, will be the ones that don't donate, don't want their kid to play for WSU, or if a kid, doesn't want to play for WSU.

This will still negatively affect WSU recruiting, donations, etc.

A Smart Salesman, politician, CEO, if Half the people are not going to like it, and if that could affect recruiting, donations, profit, etc, they would make sure they didn't offend HALF the people, by either taking the vaccine, or not taking Vaccine, but keeping MOUTH shut, or at least telling why not taking Vaccine.

If Rolo gets vaccinated, NO ONE GETS OFFENDED.

IF Rolo doesn't get Vaccinated, and doesn't let the word get out about that

No One Gets Offended

If he Doesn't vaccinate, tells everyone that he isn't vaccinated, refuses to say why, and still does that when Gov Inslees mandates that all state employee's like Rolo have to get vaccinated, then HALF get offended and potentially don't donate, don't get recruited to WSU.

Good Sales people, politicians, CEO's just don't either not get vaccinated, let everybody know, not explain why, offend half the people.

It's a bad look optics, mess.
Also not true. You think players loved Leach? A handful…but most wanted to either play in the system or play Pac12 ball. You think donors loved leach? Some did and some didn’t. Win and this will blow over just as everything does. Recruits will come, fans will come, donations will come. Just win

Also not true. You think players loved Leach? A handful…but most wanted to either play in the system or play Pac12 ball. You think donors loved leach? Some did and some didn’t. Win and this will blow over just as everything does. Recruits will come, fans will come, donations will come. Just win

And if they don’t win and the deadline comes and he refuses to take the vax????

October 18 comes and he refuses, now he’s fired??? How does that help WSU????

Reactions: mikalalas

Think of all the student lives and the respective tuition dollars that will be saved with Rolo's pending termination.

What does October 18th have to do with anything?

Winning does cure everything, however if they don't win it becomes a bigger problem. I think this whole covid thing is going to create more issues this season. Someone tests positive and the game is cancelled, the NFL says you have to forfeit, well what if the player or coach that tested positive and took the vaccine as recommended. Are you still going to make them forfeit. So you follow all the guidelines and you still get penalize? I can assure you this situation will play out this year.

That’s the deadline when state employees have to be vaccinated and submit proof of vaccination to their place of work.

Except that Rolovich doesn't have to do that, since higher ed is excluded.

The longer this topic is discussed, the more convinced I become that some people just want to have drama in their life.

NOTHING NEGATIVE HAS HAPPENED TO WSU, THE TEAM, THE PLAYERS, THE COACHES as a result of Rolo's decision.

Could it happen? Its possible, but not probable, so how about save the angst and outrage until the shit actually hits the fan? Camp has started and we should be talking about the fact that Cougar football is 3 weeks away but instead this bullcrap continues to dominate the message board.

That’s the deadline when state employees have to be vaccinated and submit proof of vaccination to their place of work.
Also 3 primary Covid Vaccines, are supposed to have full approval from FDA around the first week October, so you can't use the excuse, "it hasn't been formally approved by the FDA, they only have emergency approval"

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT