ADVERTISEMENT

Interesting Brand Y article

Loyal Coug1

Hall Of Fame
Gold Member
Aug 24, 2022
F-it, I'll link it below. Couple of takeaways:

• Article does mention Scott Barnes and Nick Daschel's conversation, but it isn't really anything new
  • The comments slay me. Do these people follow anything Coug? X99163 (Pullman's zip code).
    "I haven't read where OSU/WSU actually ended up financially with the demise of the P12. Will the windfall pay off the football debt and buy the basketball practice facilities?"
    I mean really? Do you read at all?
  • The main author/site Admin: "The MWC could've worked to make the relationship a lot more collaborative, synced and other corporate buzz words. It seems like they've been relatively adversarial from the jump because both WSU and OSU have said their goal is to rebuild the conference which leads me to
    2. They're being adversarial because they want to force WSU and OSU into what they want, which is a merger of some kind.

It would appear, at least for now assuming a scheduling agreement with the Big 12/ACC or even AAC comes together, they've substantially over played their hand."

Uh no the MWC hasn't been adversarial, they have a perfect right to be annoyed by our standoffishness and misplaced snobbiness, and not they haven't overplayed their hand. How could they do that when the Pac-2 doesn't even have a hand to play?

And I thought this site was full of all the uninformed and delusional posters.

• https://www.cougcenter.com/2024/9/2/24234631/pac-12-acc-big-12-mwc-wsu-cougars-osu-beavers

Reactions: 79COUG
Nobody likes to be in the position of last to be asked to the dance. But at the end of the day you’re still going to say yes. They can be as annoyed as they want.

Reactions: mikalalas
Nobody likes to be in the position of last to be asked to the dance. But at the end of the day you’re still going to say yes. They can be as annoyed as they want.
Yeah, but at the real end of the day, there are a couple of late, desperation invites between people who don’t really want to go together, but do it just to have a date. And then there are a few who don’t get invited at all. They go by themselves, sit together, and watch from the top row of the bleachers.

• Article does mention Scott Barnes and Nick Daschel's conversation, but it isn't really anything new
  • The comments slay me. Do these people follow anything Coug? X99163 (Pullman's zip code).
    "I haven't read where OSU/WSU actually ended up financially with the demise of the P12. Will the windfall pay off the football debt and buy the basketball practice facilities?"
  • The main author/site Admin: "The MWC could've worked to make the relationship a lot more collaborative, synced and other corporate buzz words. It seems like they've been relatively adversarial from the jump because both WSU and OSU have said their goal is to rebuild the conference which leads me to
    2. They're being adversarial because they want to force WSU and OSU into what they want, which is a merger of some kind.

It would appear, at least for now assuming a scheduling agreement with the Big 12/ACC or even AAC comes together, they've substantially over played their hand."

Uh no the MWC hasn't been adversarial, they have a perfect right to be annoyed by our standoffishness and misplaced snobbiness, and not they haven't overplayed their hand. How could they do that when the Pac-2 doesn't even have a hand to play?

• https://www.cougcenter.com/2024/9/2/24234631/pac-12-acc-big-12-mwc-wsu-cougars-osu-beavers

Good find Loyal. I like Brand Y, but I missed that article somehow.

WSU and OSU need to do what's in their best interests. That may or may not coincide with the MWC's best interests. To help you put the pieces together- the MWC is the Patty Murray of the college football world.

Yeah, but at the real end of the day, there are a couple of late, desperation invites between people who don’t really want to go together, but do it just to have a date. And then there are a few who don’t get invited at all. They go by themselves, sit together, and watch from the top row of the bleachers.
To carry your analogy forward, another possibility is those top row of the bleachers occupants say F-it, and throw a kegger that ends up being more fun. Some of the last minute desperation attendees hear about it and show up too.

The dust has not settled. WSU needs to be nimble and opportunistic. The MWC will continue to be an option.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT