ADVERTISEMENT

Isabell

I can't believe how many people can't believe follow get understand logic facts videos made up information crazy percentages its just illogical incomprehensible and crazy. PS not sure logic and facts should be used in the same post as religion

This post was edited on 4/17 1:38 PM by jourdand

Originally posted by How_did_this_happen?:

Originally posted by ElComanche:
We will see. But in my opinion,there is no way in hell that he is a one and done player. He lacks hops ,is not really fast or quick and he does not even have a real jump shot. This the last i will post on this as you seem to have your mind made up and feel that he will resurrect the LA Lakers after his freshman year. Isabell is a good player who may have slipped in under the radar but time will tell. I now am looking forward to see whom else Kent will bring in to help the cougs.
Well...some people (or one particular person) on this board have a habit of severely overhyping our recruits. I mean super overhype.

It's not fair to those guys.

I wonder if this particular poster is actually a Husky fan just having a little fun over here?
I do not think so. That poster has been around for years talking about the Cougars.

Doubt if Isabell is a one and done, maybe he isn't even an NBA prospect, but everyone thing about him suggests he is still a blue chip caliber get for WSU. Nobody thought Lacy was a good get, but anyone who watched him play his senior year in high school should have been able to tell the potential he had.

Originally posted by avabob11:

Doubt if Isabell is a one and done, maybe he isn't even an NBA prospect, but everyone thing about him suggests he is still a blue chip caliber get for WSU. Nobody thought Lacy was a good get, but anyone who watched him play his senior year in high school should have been able to tell the potential he had.
My problem is with hyping players as one poster likes to do.

It is not fair to the players.

For example, recall that Stuart House was Parade first team all-American. According to the poster who hypes players, he was a sure-fire NBA all-star. Right?

He indeed had a lot of talent, but we saw that talent does not necessarily translate to getting to the NBA.

Let's tone down the hype.

I think Isabell is a better player today than Lacy was at this time of his sr yr in HS
Originally posted by avabob11:

Loyal, your bleeding eyes made me laugh. Thank you for that.

Some random thoughts:

- Stuart House didn't make the NBA IMHO mostly because his back wasn't up to it. In today's world he would probably not have stayed eligible; I was standing behind him in the add/drop line once and watched him drop 3 core classes. And his practice dedication started OK but dropped off when he hurt himself. And various substances then became his friend. But if he hadn't been injured, I believe "he woulda been a contenda".

- Isabell is a really great high school and AAU player. He may turn out to be a good D 1 player, as well. We don't know yet. He has adequate legs from a jumping standpoint...no more, no less. He has very quick hands. I don't know if his perimeter defense (which has been good, especially when compared to some big name folks he faced) was good because of technique or quickness. I hope some of both, because in the PAC he will need that quickness. We'll just have to see how it plays out. Nobody knows if the Peter Principle applies to them until they are actually attempting to perform at a level for which they are ill equipped.

- Coaching is very important. And "coaching" is a big word, encompassing a bunch of things. At first glance it appears that Ernie and his system may be a good match for Isabell, but again, we'll have to see how it plays out.

- The pace of the action in PAC basketball is something to which even a good AAU kid needs time to adapt. I hope he can redshirt a year.

Finally, I am not Isabell's agent, nor am I a close personal friend. I have not spent endless hours watching him or comparing him to some of the very good players that he has faced in the past year. But everything I see suggests that he stands a fair chance of developing into a good, solid, starting quality PAC PG. My personal guess is that it will take 3 years for him to hit his stride, and if Ernie doesn't get a decent Juco PG, we probably will not be able to redshirt him, which would be a shame.

One has to question whether or not,Isabell will make the grades? A true point guard is one who shows maturity and whom will soon earn the respect of his teammates, by being a natural leader who will make his teammates better players.A point guard also has to be coachable and able to listen to his coach.So i guess that Ernie and his staff are evaluating players and compettion makes for better players.

Originally posted by wulffbone:
and yet Ernie & Co are in Oceanside recruiting another PG for this class as we speak.
When you run a 4-guard lineup, you need more than 1 PG on your roster.

why would anybody need to question Isabel's grades?
Originally posted by ElComanche:
One has to question whether or not,Isabell will make the grades? A true point guard is one who shows maturity and whom will soon earn the respect of his teammates, by being a natural leader who will make his teammates better players.A point guard also has to be coachable and able to listen to his coach.So i guess that Ernie and his staff are evaluating players and compettion makes for better players.

There have been internet rumors that he may not make it in. i do not know if this is the case as the cougs need every D1 quality player they can get at this point. i hope that these rumors are false and Isabell is in a coug uniform next season. he is a legitimate d 1 commit.

Well dude ,he was known to be an academic risk and one hopes that he has overcome his academic difficulties. So yeah christ,lets hope that he is eligible.

Speaking of which, it is Easter weekend, and even grades can be resurrected.

Happens at some schools all of the time.

I also think Isabell is probably better at this point than Lacy was at the same point. However Lacy had a lot of intangibles, and was a much better athlete than people thought. Lack of leaping ability is almost irrelevant. Quickness, and a good quick release on a shot are the most important things to look at. A lot of great high school shooters cant make a Pac 12 roster because they don't have the quick release. Doesn't appear to be a problem for Isabell. I am more concerned about academics than anything else.

yeah, well, fwiw, he's fully qualified.
Originally posted by cr8zyncalif:
Speaking of which, it is Easter weekend, and even grades can be resurrected.

Happens at some schools all of the time.

Jourdand:

I did not use any made up info about Isabell. The percents, projections, were,are, reasonable,logical extrapolation, projections. When I said about X # of points scored against, thats pretty accurate +,or - about 1.5 to 3 points. I have already copied pasted direct qoutes, numbers, stats, links,etc, in earlier buried post,threads.

FACTS ABOUT ISABELL:

Ave bout 24 ppg vs the BEST highschools in western USA. Game highs: bout 42, 39, 36, 33, against the BEST highschools in western USA.Dominated the BEST gighschool,AAU,4,5 star players,recruits in western USA, like 5 star TREVOR DUNBAR. Scored game highs of bout 20,25,30, vs NBA all star pros, top 4,5 star recruits, top past, current college bball players, and teams, in the Jamal Crawford JC Seattle Pro Am. Scored game highs of bout 19, 22, 25, 28, vs NBA all stars, pros, 4,5 star recruits, top past, current college bball players, NBA prospects, and teams, in the 8 team amateur NBA prospects development league. NBA pros Jamal Crawford, Griffen, Brandon Roy, Conley, Tony Wroten, are friends with Isabell, and regularly train Isabell, in the same way NBA pros did with Demar DeRosan OJ Mayo. Isabell was selected to the west coast all stars, in the west coast vs east coast all star classic game. Max Preps, Super Preps, has ranked Isabell as #2 player in WA, and bout the #35 to #55 player in the whole country. Ernie Kent has compared Isabell to NBA Luke Ridnour, Aaron Brooks.

Now those are the ABSOLUTE FACTS about Isabell. He did do those things no ands, ifs, buts about it PERIOD.

Now what if it was another player, that was a Duke recruit that did those things? What would be that player's potential, what would you project for that player? The answer is that some to most of you would probably say something like: Well since he is a top Duke recruit, that did all those things, I think he has the potential, to be a top 20 NBA draft pick in about 2 to 4 years.

And if it were Duke fans they would say: He is a 1 and done, or 2 and done, or 3 and done top 20 pick for sure.

Now I have not been overhyping Isabell. I only said that he was a POTENTIAL top 20 NBA draft pick in about 2 to 4 years, IF, IF he doesn't underachieve, piss away his POTENTIAL, doesnt get injured, and IF he reaches his FULL MAXIMUM POTENTIAL.

Based on what he has done, that's a very reasonable, logical, CONDITIONAL, extrapolated, POTENTIAL projection, of what he COULD, SHOULD, be able to do.

Stop putting words in my mouth I did not say or mean or intend. Stop misunderstanding. Do tead, listen, understand, get the true logical, logic, favts, stats, etc, and dont be brick walls like Mr Brick Wall Brain.

Also I do not overhype recruits,players. And I have been right about Klay, and would have been right about, Reggie Moore,Woolridge, Aden.

Reggie Moore scored 11 ppg his freshman year, if he hadnt pissed his potential away with weed, geetting suspended,boot of team, injuries, etc, he would have reached potential. Woolridge scored 11 ppg his soph, had broken wrist Jr year, if he had stayed, not gotten injured he would have averaged about 16 to 18 ppg. Aden's injuries kept him from teaching his potential, same with Mike Ladd.

And I said how bad harthun, witheral, lodwick, boese, and the 3,4 star ephrata, WA kid(forget his name) were going to be, and I was right about them.

Klay I said was going to be NBA. I said Capers was going to be ok,good,decent. I said Reggie had a chance to be pro,NBA. I said thames had a chance to be a pro,NBA. I said casto had a chance to be a pro. I said Que, Ike Iroegbu, Isabell had a chance to be pros, NBA. I said Woolridge had a chance to be a pro, NBA. I said Aden had a chance to be a pro. I said, thought that Shelton was not going to be a pro, but a good player. I said that ladd was probably not going to be a pro, but would probably be a good player, I said that Lacy had a chance to be a pro.

So Capers, Ladd, Shelton, others, I did not think,say had a chance to be a pro. And others Iike boese, hunter, bjornstad, boeke, winston, witherall, harthun, ephrata kid, lodwick, and others, I thought were going to be bad.

I have been right about a lot of the players on whether they were going to be good or bad. And even the ones I was wrong about, either way overachieved out of nowhere, or underachieved, pissed away potential, got injured etc.

I have been right about a lot of players, and I have been unluckily wrong,semi wrong about somewhere between some to almost a lot of players.

Cant be right about em all. All a person can do is look at what players have done,accomplished, their awards, their rankings, how well they have played against the tougher levels of competition, what credible sources say about the players, what they look like, how they do,etc, on their videos,etc, and then make a logical, reasonable, extrapolated, potential,projection, based on that, those things.

That's what I have done, or consistently have tried to do. I do not overhype recruits players, or at least do not try to overhype recruits,players.

But no matter how much a person trys not to overhype recruits, and no matter how much a person tries to accurately evaluate a recruit, player, your going to accidently overhype 1, a couple, few, some recruits,players.

No matter how I have done in evaluating recruits, on whether they be good,bad, be a pro, or not, etc, that has no bearing on the facts,logic, about Isabell,and what he has done, and what he should be able to do.

So I do not overhype recruits.

And Isabell based on what he has done, facts, stats, rankings, credible evaluations, videos, awards, logic, reason,etc, etc, should be able to be a POTENTIAL top 20 pick after 2 to 4 years at WSU.

Very wise of Ernie to recruit at least one more point guard. We've seen what happens when you place all your eggs into one point guard basket (i.e. Moore, Lawhorn).

Glad Cougar

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT