ADVERTISEMENT

Isabell

Sounds like it.

One of the guys posted on CougCenter thread that he sees him at church and he was rocking his Coug stuff still.

Originally posted by CrimsonWazzu:
Sounds like it.

One of the guys posted on CougCenter thread that he sees him at church and he was rocking his Coug stuff still.
He wears his Cougar stuff to church? Now that is my kind of religion.

Isabell really did not have many choices. If i remember ,he only had one other offer and that was from Seattle U.. Isabell is a good ball handler and passer. He knows how to play the game. However,he lacks great quickness,speed and jumping ability. These assets seem to be in abundance among PAC 12 point guards. This will be more of a liability on defense rather than offense. Perhaps S Dominguez zone defense will help him here.

Originally posted by ElComanche:
Isabell really did not have many choices. If i remember ,he only had one other offer and that was from Seattle U.. Isabell is a good ball handler and passer. He knows how to play the game. However,he lacks great quickness,speed and jumping ability. These assets seem to be in abundance among PAC 12 point guards. This will be more of a liability on defense rather than offense. Perhaps S Dominguez zone defense will help him here.
just wait until you see him play in person. You'll realize the idiot feeding you this crap is clueless.

Isabell? really did not have many choices. If i remember ,he only had one other offer and that was from Seattle U.. Isabell is a good ball handler and passer. He knows how to play the game. However,he lacks great quickness,speed and jumping ability. These assets seem to be in abundance among PAC 12 point guards. This will be more of a liability on defense rather than offense. Perhaps S Dominguez zone defense will help him here.

You are continuing to be a illogical wrong brick wall, that either doesn't read the logic,facts, reason, from,of others, or doesnt understand,accept,get the logic,facts,reason of others, if you read what they say. Also its obvious you,your source,is,are wrong, and that you didnt do research,and didnt read the research, info, qoutes, links, facts, logic, reason,etc, from others like me who have done the research.I posted info, qoutes, links, sources, logic, reason,etc, that absolutly proves you, and others like you wrong about Isabell. Did you read,understand,accept,get it? No of course not, your a brick wall.So I am not going to find, copy,paste, all the links, qoutes, info, facts, sources again. You can find them, that, in my previous now buried threads,post, about Isabell.

Isabell scored about 23 to 25 ppg as a senior for Garfield. He was their best player, and led them to the State Title, something that past NBA All star pros Brandon Roy, Conley, Tony Wroten, Jamal Crawford, couldnt do for themselves, Garfield. Isabell is,was ranked the 2nd best player in WA, out of a senior class, that is perhaps, maybe one of the best WA senior classes,ever,in the history of WA., There are about 11 to 13 players in WA, who have been offered,accepted offers,verballed,signed with BCS big 6 conf, high, top,mid major colleges, like BYU, Gonzaga, Butler,etc. The 11 to 13th ranked player verballed, signed with Minnesota, of the Big 10.

Not only was Isabell ranked #2 in WA, by Maxpreps, Superpreps, streetballblogs,etc,others not named rivals,scout, ESPN, who were innaccurate, not up to date, behind,info wise, because they were going by the soohmore, junior version of Isabell, but Isabell was also ranked as the 35th, to 65th best overall recruit in the USA by Maxpreps,Superpreps,streetballblog,etc,others,not named rivals, scout, ESPN.

Isabell was the best player,on the best AAU team in the WA, OR, ID area, called the seattle Rotary. Isabell led Seattle Rotary, to a AAU west coast tournament championship over the top 4 AAU teams in the west. Those teams were Oakland Soldiers, and 3 other teams. Those 4 teams, were made up of mostly to almost all 4 star, 5 star players. Players like 5 star Trevor Dunbar, and 5 star M L Edwards, both of whom Isabell owned, schoiled, dominated.

Isabell also dominated the Jamal Crawford, Griffen, Seattle Pro Am, where he scored game highs of about, 20, 25, 30, and averaged about 13 to 17 ppg. And he scored his game highs of 20,25,30, against NBA all star pros, Griffin, Jamal Crawford, and the teams those pros played on against Isabell and the team he played on.

Isabell also scored game highs of about 47, 43, 39, 36, etc, against some of the best highschools. The 47 was against Las Vegas High, in the Las Vegas highschool bball tournament that featured some of the best highschool teams in the western USA.

Isabell also played in the Jamal Crawford, Griffin, Brandon Roy, Conley Amateur 8 team summer NBA amateur development league. The league was created by the above named NBA pros, for future NBA prospects, to help develop the NBA prospects.

Also Isabell is friends with Jamal Crawford, Brandon Roy, Conley, Tony Wroten, who practice, play, train,mentor him during the late spring, summer.

And in addition to all that, I have seen LOTS of videos of Isabell's play. Isabell is extremely athletic, quick, but not as explosive jumper at the rim. He can't jump out of the gym yet. But he can jump high enough, to dunk, finish at the rim. Its just that players like Demar De Rozan, Jrue Holiday, Oj Mayo, other top,best 5 star college recruits, players, NBA prospects, players,etc, can out jump him at the rim. But be that,as it is, Isabell use his extreme quickness, talent, athleticism, skill, shooting,etc, to compensate, adjust against the better,best players, and beat them.

Isabell in frame, size, athleticism, quickness, speed, talent, skill, shooting, passing,etc, is kinda, sorta like WSU past great PG, Seltzer, NBA pros Tim Hardaway, Nick Van Excel, Allen Iverson, except not as good, athletic, fast, quick, talented, skilled,etc, as those Pros. Not saying he is even close to being as good as those pros, just that he is kinda, sorta, semi similar to them in comparison, to give a rough idea of what kind of player Isabell is.

In Isabell's videos, he is able to slash ,finish at the rim, with dunks, lay ups, runners, tear droppers, semi circus,Jordan like shots, where he slithers, twist, contorts, and finds some way to put the ball in the basket. And he is also a great passer, gets assist. He plays great defense, gets a lot of steals. He rebounds ok. He shoots midrange jumpshots well from all angles. He can post up at the high post, do spins, drop steps, up and unders. He got a explosive first step, crossover, juking, stop and go, ball, shot,pass fakes, to break the ankles of defenders, beat defenders off the dribble, slash, into the paint, shoot, pass, score, en route to the rim. Isabell pump fakes,double clutch windmill pumps, etc, to avoid getting his shots blocked. Isabell also can hit turn around, fade away, fall away jumpers. He shoots the 3 well. He can run the fastbreak well, and can shoot well off the fastbreak, and can beat players all the way down the court,off the dribble, all the way to the hoop, in the open court , 1 on 1, in fast breaks. And he can dish it off for a assist, at the last second, right time, not to early, not to late. He has good ball handling, good court vision, does not turn the ball over very often.I have seen all that in his various videos combined, when I watched a lot of his video's.

Isabell when he was a freshman, Sophmore, was about 5' 7", 150 pounds. Because of that he was UNDER THE RADAR TEMPORARILY, long enough so that Ken Bone was lucky enough and a good salesman enough, to recruit, get Isabell interested in WSU. At this time, Rivals, Scout, ESPN,etc, only had Isabell as a NR, no star,no ranking, unranked player, that not very many colleges, except seattle U, and WSU were intetested at the time. Then during his Junior year. He got a lot of interest from more, some to almost a lot of colleges. But most didnt offer, because he was starting to have academic problems, and werent sure if he was a good enough ball player to justify taking a risk on a academically risky bball recruit player.

Then after his Junior year, and right as he was doing well against NBA all star pros, AAU players, 5 star players,etc, in the Pro Am, AAU, NBA amateur D eag, etc, he then verbaled to WSU. Then thats when a lot of top college bball programs were just starting to take an interest in Isabell. But by the time they were ready to offer him., or have him change his verbal commit to one of them top bball programs, Isabell signed with WSU, after they the top bball programs, tried their hardest to try to get Isabell to de verball commit from WSU. After that the top bball programs tried their hardest to try to get Isabell to ask WSU to be let out of his letter of intent,verbal to obe of the top bball programs. But Isabell chose to stay with WSU.

So that's why Isabell didnt get a lot of offers. He was under the radar temporarily,until he verballed, signed with WSU. If WSU hadnt recruited Isabell, and if Isabell had been available when he late bloomed into the top recruit that he is, he Isabell would have had 50 to 100 offers from the top 50 to 100 top college bball programs in the country.

It is totally innaccurate, wrong in Isabell's situation, to go by number of offers, or his NR rivals ranking, or his Scout, ESPN 2,3 star,low innaccurate rating,ranking, as they are using the freshman,sophmore,junior year version of Isabell, before he late bloomed into the top recruit that he is. Rivals, Scout, ESPN, also dont rank Isabell high because of his lack of offers. But I have already showed why he didnt get many offers, and how he got a lot of interest from top bball programs.

Isabell is the #2 player in WA, and is a 3,4 star, should be 5 star, 35th to 65th best college bball recruit in the country. He is being groomed to be the potential future NBA prospect, that he has a chance to already be, become. He has the potential to leave WSU after his sophmore year at WSU is over, and be drafted about the 14th pick, to about the 23rd pick, in the first round of the draft, 1st pick of the 2nd round, at extreme worst. Not saying he will do that, only that he has that kind of potential.

If he Isabell stays until he grads from WSU, after 4 years of playing at WSU, he Isabell has the potential to be a be drafted about 9th to 17th in the first round of the NBA draft. Again not saying that will happen, only that he has that kind of potential. Now whether he realizes that potential will remain to be seen or not.

Isabell is the best WSU highschool guard,pg, recruit since at least the sampson years, and maybe even the Raveling years. Only Fontaine, Tony Harris, Terrence Lewis, Seltzer, even come remotely close to comparing to Isabell. And Klay is the only 2,3 guard, that is at least equal to, maybe, if not even better then Isabell ON PAPER, coming out of highschool, BEFORE they became who they became wise. And Klay is not a good comparison, because he is a 3,2, not a 2,1 like Isabell is.

Now cut,stop your wrong illogical brick wall crap about about Isabell.

Mike

Also I suspect 1 reason why you and other brick walls continue to naysay how good Isabell is, and naysay Bone's great recruiting, is that you and other brick walls think that if you recognize that Isabell, and other Bone recruits are as great they really are good,great, and that Bone was a good recruiter, that that would be the same as saying Bone was a good coach, when he was not a good coach.

You and other brick walls dont get that a bball coach like Bone, can be a awesome salesman, recruiter, while still being a horribly bad coach. I still dont see what Isabell saw in Bone. Bone did one hell of a awesome sales,recruiting job, beating out other top programs, that altho hadnt offered Isabell, because he had solidly verballed to WSU, and was a academic risk, had shown a LOT of interest in Isabell, tried their hardest, to get Isabell to de committ from WSU.

Why Isabell would choose Bone,WSU, over all the top bball programs, is beyond me, given how bad WSU was doing, and how bad Bone's coaching was.

That's why Bone is a good salesman, recruiter, but a horribly bad coach. Its either that, or Isabell was having a temporary mental lapse, or both.

So its ok to recognize that Isabell, and other Bone recruits like 4 star Que, 4 star Ike Iroegbu, are good recruits and that Bone was s good salesperson, recruiter in recruiting them, and that altho that's the case, that Bone is still a horribly bad coach that deserved to be fired, and was rightly fired.

I did not read but a bit of your lenghty post. There were valid reasons as to why he was relatively lightly recruited. As i said,the kid knows how to play the game. he is a good ball handler and passer, he is a strong player and perhaps he can compensate for his lack of outstanding physical abilities by playing "smart" . However he will have to learn to cope at the upper level with players who are good and have these physical characteristics. It will be interesting to see how he develops which he has to do. i do not believe that he is ready to lead a quality D 1 team. Perhaps ,Kent can bring out the best in him?

As Mr Spock would say, you are a illogical brick wall.

Since you wont read a extremely logical, factual, reasonable post about Isabell. And since you are a illogical brick wall, that not only wont read, but is incapable of understanding, getting, logic, facts, reason, etc, then stop your illogical,bs,wrong, naysaying of Isabell. Nobody wants to see it,read it, hear that illogical,unfactual,unreasonable,wrong,bs, drivel,naysaying crap from you about Isabell.

If your not going to read,listen, understand,get logic,reason,facts,then what you say shouldnt be said by you, shouldnt be read.

If your not going to read, respect,understand,get logic, reasons,facts, then just shut up, and if you dont shut up about it, you will be totally ignored by everybody.

Communication is a 2 way street. If a person is not going to read,listen,respect, the logic, facts, reason if what another person says, they have no right,no expectation, dont deserve, shouldnt be heard from.

Instead of being a stubborn, illogical,unfactual,unreasonable, wrong brick wall, you should rather read,listen, respect, understand, get, etc, the facts,logic, reason from another person, and then either refute,rebuttal,debate, discuss, prove that they are right, other person is wrong, with facts, logic,reason,etc, or admit they are wrong, and then drop it.

That is what normal, reasonable, rational people do.

Only irrational people like yourself, are brick walls, that have a brick wall for a brain.

Your brick walledness is very annoying to people here.

So either drop,stop it, or get ignored by people.

There is already a lot of people who ignore you because of your brick walledness.

Actually I think you will find that its Curtis Allen who is the recruiter and the head coach is generally the closer. They close folks like Isabell which Coach Bone did. Just like Coach Kent did or tried to do this last weekend in Pullman. Comparing Isabell to Luke Ridnor and Aaron Brooks in an interview.

This thread......

......made my eyes bleed. Hope it isn' t Ebola.......
dead.r191677.gif

I have played coached,played , and referred plenty of games at the HS,college and AAU level of play. I do not need to read hype and awards given. I can tell you that Isabell is the type of player who does not possess outstanding speed,quickness or hops He is inexperienced at he college level. He may have trouble matching up defensively with the point guards at the college level who are physically more gifted than he is. He will have to play smart and use his strength to compensate .The ideal situation would be for Kent to recruit a juco pg so that Isabell can ease into the college game.The proof will be in the pudding ,so to speak,so lets see what transpires.

a juco pg makes perfect sense. If Isabell truly is an NBA top 15 pick in three years, as some have suggested on this board, his talent will become evident as the season progresses. If he emerges, how likely is Kent to play Isabell with a jc pgmat the same time at times on the floor?

IT would make great sense as one needs at least 3 -4 guards if one is going to play a pressing and pressuring defense. A young player can play without the immediate pressure of running a team from day one.

My take on our point guard situation. As I see it the job is Royce's to loose. He had a terrible year for what ever reason, but he had a very good soph. year and that player is still in there somewhere. I think/hope Royce gets back in stride and is close to the 14 points a game he had in conference play as a soph. That leaves Isabell and Ike fighting for the second spot. I've watched Isabell enough to be very happy he is coming to WSU, but he is not close to an NBA prospect at this time. He and Ike who had a good freshmen year will be competing to see who is the point guard of the future at WSU after Royce leaves, and there is no sure thing there either, Kent might very well recruit a totally new guy.

Perhaps .but i feel the job will come down to Ike and Isabell. Woolridge is in no shape or form a point guard. he dies not have the skills or mindset to be a point guard. He played there last year because the previous coach did not recruit the necessary players. perhaps.Ike can do the job. it is hard for a freshman to step in and lead a team right off the bat. perhaps with a years expereince he can step in and do the job until the heir apparent can mature and do the job.

Originally posted by jourdand:
My take on our point guard situation. As I see it the job is Royce's to loose. He had a terrible year for what ever reason, but he had a very good soph. year and that player is still in there somewhere. I think/hope Royce gets back in stride and is close to the 14 points a game he had in conference play as a soph. That leaves Isabell and Ike fighting for the second spot. I've watched Isabell enough to be very happy he is coming to WSU, but he is not close to an NBA prospect at this time. He and Ike who had a good freshmen year will be competing to see who is the point guard of the future at WSU after Royce leaves, and there is no sure thing there either, Kent might very well recruit a totally new guy.
I remember watching Davonte Lacy in high school several times. I never dreamed he would turn into the player he is today.

Originally posted by chinookpirate:
Originally posted by jourdand:
I remember watching Davonte Lacy in high school several times. I never dreamed he would turn into the player he is today.
Brandon Roy wasn't very good his freshman year, and really became great during his junior and into his senior year.

Tony Wroten, while incredibly gifted as an athlete, is still a mediocre basketball player, and is 2 years into an NBA career.

Isabell might not be an elite athlete, but he's an elite basketball player. Strong NBA potential with a healthy, and productive 3-4 years of college ball.

so,looking ahead to next year

starters at NCAA Tournament time: Q, Lacy, Isabell, (4th guard), 5th player (combo of whoever emerges from Morgan, Raily, Longress and/or NEW jc guy still tbd, other?... )

This post was edited on 4/15 9:35 PM by chinookpirate

My take on our point guard situation. ?As I see it the job is Royce's to loose. He had a terrible year for what ever reason, but he had a very good soph. year and that player is still in there somewhere. I think/hope Royce gets back in stride and is close to the 14 points a game he had in conference play as a soph. That leaves Isabell and Ike fighting for the second spot. I've watched Isabell enough to be very happy he is coming to WSU, but he is not close to an NBA prospect at this time. He and Ike who had a good freshmen year will be competing to see who is the point guard of the future at WSU after Royce leaves, and there is no sure thing there either, Kent might very well recruit a totally new guy.

Altho you are more reasonable, then Mr Brick Wall brain Isabell Naysayer, you and him are both wrong about Isabell.

If you, and Mr Brick Wall have been watching Isabell, and still tgink he is either not good, or good, but not a potential NBA prospect, with good,strong potential to be a good NBA prospect, then your both blind.

Any player like Isabell who has consistently DOMINATED 4,5 star college bball recruits like 5 star Trevor Dunbar, the BEST western USA highschool,.AAU teams, like OAKLAND SOLDIERS, LAS VEGAS HIGH, ETC, NBA all star pro's Jamal Crawford, Griffin, in the Jamal Crawford Seattle Pro Am, and in the Amateur NBA prospect, 8 team summer development league, and who gets regularly trained, groomed for the NBA, by Jamal Crawford, Brandon Roy, Conley, Tony Wroten, Griffin, etc, every spring, summer, and who gets selected to the west coast all stars vs the east coast all stars classic, where almost all the players selected to the classic are 4,5 star top recruits signed to the top college bball programs, and where the player is the #2 player in WA, and the 35th to 55th best recruit in the entire USA, by Max Preps, Superpreps, Streetballblog, others not named rivals, scout, espn, and who is compared to Luke Ridnour, Aaron Brooks, by current WSU bball coach Kent, any player who is all that, and does all that, like Isabell is, has done, is a TOP recruit, potential NBA prospect, no matter what Mr Brick Wall, or you, or me, or anybody else thinks, based on what have seen,etc.

If you think a player who is, has done all that, is not that awesome, based on what you have seen, then your blind, or you watched them on a bad day.

I have researched, followed Isabell very closely. I have watched a LOT of his video's, and have compared what I have seem of him, to what I have seen of others. Isabell is light years ahead of where Reggie Moore, Bennie Seltzer, Dominic Ellison were, when they were coming out of highschool.

The ONLY knock on Isabell, is that he cant jump out of the gym, is a academic risk, sometimes once in a great while, will sometime play down to competition, and that he could be better than how awrsome he already is, if he would work on his game more, since he doesnt work on his game as much as he should, and doesnt do as much strength, conditioning, athleticism,workout training, as he should. If he did, he might probably be able to have that jump out of gym ability eventually.

His strengths are his extreme speed, fastness, quickness, non jump out of gym related extreme athleticism, his ability to break ankles, beat players off dribble slash to,finish,dish at rim, dunk,layup, tear droppers,runners, midrange jumpshots,crossover, spinning, juking, drop step, up and under, double pumping,windmill pumping,pump fakes, ball fakes, pass fakes, avoiding getting shots blocked, turn around, fade away, fall away jumpers, 3 point shooting, freethrow shooting, passing, ball handling, court vision, floor leadership, rebounding, defense, ball stealing

Regie Moore had at least an equal prep career. State championship and state runner up, Semi finals of NATIONAL high school championships his prep school year. AAA player of the year as senior, first team all state as junior also. 20 points and 10 assists as a senior. Ranked higher than Isabel by all three major scouting services. Not saying Isabel isn't a stud and a great recruit but so was Reggie.

On Isabell:

"His strengths are his extreme speed, fastness, quickness, non jump out of gym related extreme athleticism, his ability to break ankles, beat players off dribble slash to,finish,dish at rim, dunk,layup, tear droppers,runners, midrange jumpshots,crossover, spinning, juking, drop step, up and under, double pumping,windmill pumping,pump fakes, ball fakes, pass fakes, avoiding getting shots blocked, turn around, fade away, fall away jumpers, 3 point shooting, freethrow shooting, passing, ball handling, court vision, floor leadership, rebounding, defense, ball stealing"

I greatly anticipate witnessing these strengths for the one year Isabell stays at WSU before heading to the big show.

AH.. keep waiting. as Isabell ,in terms of pure athletic ability,ranks below current PAC 12 point guards. Just watch his videos. he accomplishes a lot on strength and knowing how to drive.. In college ,he will have to learn not to dribble so much and set up plays. College basketball is a lot different than high school ball and all star games where teamwork is absent and it is everyman for himself.

Originally posted by gazooks2:
AH.. keep waiting. as Isabell ,in terms of pure athletic ability,ranks below current PAC 12 point guards. Just watch his videos. he accomplishes a lot on strength and knowing how to drive.. In college ,he will have to learn not to dribble so much and set up plays. College basketball is a lot different than high school ball and all star games where teamwork is absent and it is everyman for himself.
Haven't seen him all that much. But based on the state title game, he's going to have to get used to not having his own personal set of referees protecting every move in the Pac 12.

Isabell is a solid recruit who knows the game. He will have to adjust to the college game and maximize his strengths to compensate for his lack of outstanding physical ability. One hopes he succeeds as he can be a part of a coug resurgence in basketball

Regie Moore had at least an equal prep career. State championship and state runner up, Semi finals of NATIONAL high school championships his prep school year. AAA player of the year as senior, first team all state as junior also. 20 points and 10 assists as a senior. Ranked higher than Isabel by all three major scouting services. Not saying Isabel isn't a stud and a great recruit but so was Reggie

AAA level of highschool competition doesnt even come close to comparing,being close to, equal to 4 A, 5 A highschool competition. Reggie Played in 3 A, and Isabell played in 4 A. Isabell played against the BEST 3,4,5 A highschools in the western USA,if not maybe even whole country. Reggie didnt. Isabell dominated 4,5 stars like Trevor Dunbar, Reggie didnt Isabell dominated the best AAU teams in western half of USA, teams like the OAKLAND SOLDIERS. Reggie didnt Dominate the best AAU teams in the Eastern,or Western USA. Isabell scored about 24 ppg against better highschool competition, better highschool players, which was better than Reggie. Isabell had games highs of 42, 39, 36, 33, against better highschools, players, then Reggie. Isabell scored game highs of 20, 25, 30 against NBA all star pros, 4,5 star AAU players, in the Jamal Crawford Seattle Pro Am. Reggie didnt. Isabell played on the 8 team summer amateur NBA prospect development league, against the best 5 star players,recruits, NBA all star pros. Reggie didnt. Isabell is being trained, groomed by NBA all star pros, Jamal Crawford, Griffen, Brandon Roy, Conley, who all train him, regularly every spring summer, just like those pros did with OJ Mayo. These pros dont waste their time training players like OJ Mayo, Isabell, unless they have awesome NBA prospect potential.Reggie wasnt trained by NBA pros like that. Isabell was selected to the official national highschool all star west coast vs east coast game. Reggie wasnt. Isabell was the #2 player in his stae period. Reggie being the AAA player of the year is not as good as being the overall #2 player in the state, out of all the A classification levels, like Isabell was. Reggie wasnt even one of the top 3 players of his state. Isabell is the #35th to #55th player in USA, by Maxpreps,Superpreps, which are considered more accurate,authoritative in the highschool,college basketball world, then rivals, scout,espn. Reggie wasnt ranked that high, was only a 3 star.Isabell is,was compared to Luke Ridnour, Aaron Brooks, in ability, skill, talent, by the extremely credible current WSU bball coach KENT, Reggie wasnt compared to any NBA players by any credible source.

Also it is extremely innaccurate to use Rivals, Scout, ESPN, in comparing Isabell, to the Highschool version of Reggie Moore.
Isabell was a LATE BLOOMER. The big 3 services, are NOTORIOUS, for punishing, not ranking LATE BLOOMERS right. Almost all the time, the big 3 recruiting services rank late bloomers as either NR, 2,3 stars, outside the top 150 players.

Isabell was 5' 6,7" his freshman year, 5' 8,9" his sophmore year, 5' 10,11" his Junior Year. 6' 1/2" his senior year. He didnt start doing the awesome things he did until the middle,to end of his Junior Year.

Because of that, HE WAS UNDER THE RADAR. Also because he verballed to WSU, and because he was a academic risk, other top bball programs werent willing to offer himm unless they were able to first convince him to de committ from WSU. Altho Isabell didn't get a lot of offers, he Isabell got a hell of a lot of interest from top bball programs, the kentucky's,etc. If Isabell hadnt committed to, had no interest in WSU, hadnt shown interest to WSU, he Isabell would have probably would have had about 15 to 35 offers from the top,best bball programs, eventually.

Also the big 3 recruiting services punish, low rank players if they dont get offers. Maxpreps, Superpreps, talk to insiders, experts, highschool, AAU, players, coaches, schools,teams, NBA pros, etc. They dont punish low rank players, because they late bloomed, or didnt get very many offers,etc. Maxpreps, superpreps only care abput the following: How good is a player,how high.should the player be ranked, in comparison to other players.

There is a reason why MOST,ALMOST ALL the services like Maxpreps, Superpreps, not named Rivals, Scout, ESPN, rank Isabell as high as #2 in WA, # 35 to 55 in USA. That's because Isabell is that good. If Maxpreps, Superpreps, used a star system, Isabell would be a 5 star player, not a 2,3,4 star player that the big 3 errantly gave him. So Isabell is,should be a 5 star recruit

Reggie was not ranked high by Maxpreps, Superpreps, ESPN, Rivals, Scout. Isabell was ranked very, almost extremely high by Maxpreps, Superpreps, and should have been ranked that high by the big 3.

Isabell by any standard, measurable, stick, accomplishment, videos, etc, is better than Reggie Moore was when Reggie Moore was coming out of Highschool.

The best team in the state was from the 3A level (Rainier Beach) which is often the case. 30-0 and invited to the national high school championships. I hate to agree with ELcomache but I guess we will have to wait and see. I'm confident Isabel will be a very good player but lets let him hit campus before we start talking NBA.

NBA all star pros dont train, groom unathletic bball players to be NBA prospects. Demar De Rozan, OJ Mayo, etc got trained,groomed by NBA all star pros because they were athletic. Isabell has been trained groomed, on a regular basis every spring, summer, by Jamal Crawford, Griffen, Brandon Roy, Conley, Tony Wroten,who NBA all stars/pros, to be a NBA prospect. They wouldnt do that unless they thought he was as good,athletic as players like Demar De Rozan, OJ Mayo were when they were coming out of highschool.

Isabell, while he cant jump out of gym yet, is extremely speedy, fast, quick. That's how he is extremely athletic. One does not have to be able to jump out of gym to be extremely athletic. One can be extremely athletic, by being speedy, fast, quick, while not being able to jump out of gym.

Also keep in mind that Isabell doesnt do strength, athleticism, conditionibg, jumping ability training.

If Isabell were to work on that and other parts of his game, instead of not working, practicing on that and others parts of his game, instead of just only playing the game, he Isabell would be even better then he already is and probably would be able to jump out of gym eventually.

That has started to change though. Its started with his training with NBA players, the last 1,2 spring summers.

If he starts and keeps on working on his game, strength, conditioning, athleticism, he might be able to jump out of gym eventually, and will become better than how awesome he already is.

Haven't seen him all that much. But based on the state title game, he's going to have to get used to not having his own personal set of referees protecting every move in the Pac 12.

That's one of Isabell's weaknesses. He does have a bad attitude, complains,gripes,about bad calls,bad officiating.

His weaknesses are that he is a academic risk, bad on the court attitude at times, sometimes once in a great while, accidentally, unintentionally, playingdown to the level of his competition, not being able to jump out of gym, only playing the game, and not working on his game, strength, conditioning, athleticism,etc, as much as he could,should.

But that is balanced by his his awesome strengths,skills, talent, athleticism,speed,fastness,quickness,shooting, driving, dishing assist, dunks,layups,teardroppers, runners, midrange jumpers, turn around, fade away, fall away jumpers, 3 point shooting, ball handling, court vision, floor leadership, defense.

greatly anticipate witnessing these strengths for the one year Isabell stays at WSU before heading to the big show.

Isabell does have thosw strengths, but just because he does have those strengths, doesnt mean he will goto the big show after 1 year. I think Isabell has rhe POTENTIAL to goto the NBA as a top 19 draft pick after playing for WSU for 2 to 4 years.

Now whether he Isabell realizes,achieves that full,maximum potential remains to be seen or not

The only way he wont reach that potential, is if he pisses that potential away, underachieves, gets injured,etc.

We will see. But in my opinion,there is no way in hell that he is a one and done player. He lacks hops ,is not really fast or quick and he does not even have a real jump shot. This the last i will post on this as you seem to have your mind made up and feel that he will resurrect the LA Lakers after his freshman year. Isabell is a good player who may have slipped in under the radar but time will tell. I now am looking forward to see whom else Kent will bring in to help the cougs.

We will see. But in my opinion,there is no way in hell that he is a one and done player. He lacks hops ,is not really fast or quick and he does not even have a real jump shot. This the last i will post on this as you seem to have your mind made up and feel that he will resurrect the LA Lakers after his freshman year. Isabell is a good player who may have slipped in under the radar but time will tell. I now am looking forward to see whom else Kent will bring in to help the cougs.
Well...some people (or one particular person) on this board have a habit of severely overhyping our recruits. I mean super overhype.

It's not fair to those guys.

I wonder if this particular poster is actually a Husky fan just having a little fun over here?

way to move the bar... again. Nobody is hyping Isabell as a one and done player... at least that I've seen.

There is no denying Isabell has had a tremendous senior year that just keeps getting more and more amazing.

The last late bloomer we had scorned by every team in the Pac less one, was Klay. He certainly wasn't close to being a one and done yet during his senior season, he sure made a lot of coaches wishing they had one more slot to offer.

Your reading comprehension, and your ability or inability to understand, get, accept true logical non flawed logic, facts,sucks. And your ability to watch videos suck as well.

I did not say that he was a garanteed 1 and done. I said he was a POTENTIAL NBA prospective top 19 pick prospect AFTER 2 to 4 years, based on True logical logic, facts,info, credible evaluations, awards, achievements, stats, 23 to 47 videos showcasing his abilities.

He has about a 3 to 5% chance to be 1 and done. 6 to 11% chance to be a 2 an done, 12 to 23% chance to be a 3 and done, all as far as being a top 19 pick after 1,2,3 years. He has bout a 23 to 47% chance to be a top 19 pick after 4 years. He has about a 65% chance to go no lower then bottom most pick of 1st round top pick of 2nd round. He has bout a 85% chance of getting drafted. He has bout a 93% chance to go no lower then the last pick of draft at worst. He has bout a 97% chance to be no worse then a undrafted signed free agent at worst. He has about a 99% chance to do no worse then play pro ball in europe, at very worst. He only has about a 1% chance not to be a NBA/Europe pro ball player someday.

Isabell has POTENTIAL, now whether he reaches that potential, remains to be seen or not seen. The only way He will not reach his potential, is if he gets injured, pisses away his potential.

Isabell does not lack speed, fastness, quickness. He does lack hops, the ability to jump out of the gym, but only because he only plays bball, and doesntwork on strength, athleticism, conditioning, training as much as he should.

Isabell does not lack shooting ability. He can shoot the jumper, 3 pointers. He hit LOTS of jumpers, 3 pointers, runners, tear droppers, lay ups, turn around, fade away, fall away jumpers, in the 23 to 47 videos of him that I watched. I know what I saw.

Also you dont score game highs of 42, 39,36,33, against the BEST highschool players, the BEST highschool teams. You dont score game highs of 20, 23, 26, 29, against the BEST AAU players, and the BEST AAU teams,. And you dont score 20, 25, 30 against the BEST NBA all star pros, and the BEST 3,4,5 star recruits, current,past college bball players, unless your fast, speedy, quick, are talented, skilled, can shoot jumpers, 3 pointers, tear droppers, runners, finish lay ups,dunks at the rim.

And Isabell has done all those things.

And all those things show how fast, speedy, quick, talented, skilled, athletic Isabell is. And all those things show that Isabell is a top recruit, potential top 19 pick after 2 to 4 years potential NBA prospect.

All the true logical non flawed logic, facts, stats, awards, #2 WA #35 in country rankings, by Max Preps, Superpreps, streetballblog,etc, against the best players, pros, teams,etc, ERNIE KENT, and other credible sources comparing Isabell to Luke Ridnour, Aaron Brooks of the NBA, all show how athletic, awesome, skilled, talented, shooter, etc, he is, and shows Isabell is a Potential NBA prospect.

Mr Brickwall brain, and others are just like Jehovah Missionaries.

I had a Jehovah witness accuse me of not believing in christianity. So I asked him. What is christianity, and what is believing in Christianity? Then I asked him, is blank blank blank,etc believing in christianity? He said yes. Then I said then since you say etc,etc is believing in christianity, and since I believe those things that you say is christianity, then according to you, I believe in christianity right? He said yes. Then I said then since you say that I believe in christianity, then why do you accuse me of not believing in christianity? Then he said you dont believe in christianity, and left.

Mr. Brick Wall brain, and others here behave just like that jehovah witness missionary. The jehovah witness missionary was illogical, would not listen, understand, get, accept, etc, true logical non flawed logic. And Mr Brick Wall, and others here are just like that.

I have given the true logical non flawed logic, facts, stats, rankings, info, etc, that PROVES Isabell is a top recruit, is a potential NBA prospect, is athletic, speedy, fast, quick, skilled, talented, etc, to Mr Brick Wall, and others, the same way, that I did with the Jehovah Witness missionary. And I get the same illogical response from Mr Brick Wall and others here, that I got from the Jehovah Witness. Missionary.

Mr Brick Wall and others are like Baghdad Bob, who ignored the logic, facts, that Saddam Hussein, was losing, and said things like Saddam Hussein is winning,etc.

If Mr Spock was a real person, Mr illogical Brick Wall would drive Mr Spock crazy.

Also I will take the word, evaluating, training ability of NBA all star pros like Jamal Crawford, Griifen, Pros like Brandon Roy, Conly, Tony Wroten, who arefriends of Isabell, who train Isabell, who think Isabell is a NBA prospect, since they dont waste time regularly training daily, weekly, monthly, every spring, summer, like they do with Isabell, who is a Potential NBA prospect, with non NBA prospects.

I will take the word, credibily, evaluating ability, insider sources,etc,etc, of Maxpreps, Superpreps, who have only been the most credible, authoritative accurate, source on highschool bball, college bball recruiting for the last 6 to 12 years, who rates Isabell #2 in WA, and #35 to #55 in country.

I will take Ernie Kent comparing Isabell to Luke Ridnour, Aaron Brooks, of tje NBA.

I will take all that over the word, sources, of Mr. Illogical Brick Wall Brain Isabell Naysayer.

Also since you wont read,listen, comprehend, understand, get,believe,etc, the logic, facts,etc, and wont dig up links I have copied, pasted,posted, in older buried threads,post about Isabell, that PROVE what I am saying about Isabell is right, then I recommend scouring,studying, researching about Isabell, what he has done against the best highschools, AAU, 8 team NBA amateur prospect development league, Jamal Crawford, Seattle Pro Am, etc,players, Maxpreps, SuperPreps #2 WA, #35 to #55 in country rankings, awards, his selection to west coast vs east coast all star game, his stats, NBA pros training him,etc.

It should only take you 1 day to 1 month to do that.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT