ADVERTISEMENT

Jaden Hicks to NFL Draft

Loyal Coug1

Hall Of Fame
Aug 24, 2022
See his statement on Brand Y. Geez - a redshirt sophomore? 2 years left?

I hope whoever he is listening to knows what they are talking about.

Sincerely, Pilip Bobo, James Williams and Max Borghi

I thought the earliest a player could declare, enter draft was after their 3rd year at the earliest, meaning that they have 1 year left at the earliest, not 2 years, unless you mean that Jaden has 1 year left + the 1 extra COVID year, which would be a limited exception to the normal can only have 1 year left, and leave after junior, 3rd year or later.

There was a RB, forget name, college that tried to enter NFL draft as a true freshman, or redshirt freshman, true sophomore, and the NFL said no, etc.

I thought the earliest a player could declare, enter draft was after their 3rd year at the earliest, meaning that they have 1 year left at the earliest, not 2 years, unless you mean that Jaden has 1 year left + the 1 extra COVID year, which would be a limited exception to the normal can only have 1 year left, and leave after junior, 3rd year or later.

There was a RB, forget name, college that tried to enter NFL draft as a true freshman, or redshirt freshman, true sophomore, and the NFL said no, etc.
He just finished his redshirt sophomore year. So he's been here 3 years, and has 2 left.

See his statement on Brand Y. Geez - a redshirt sophomore? 2 years left?

I hope whoever he is listening to knows what they are talking about.

Sincerely, Pilip Bobo, James Williams and Max Borghi
I think he’s a high ceiling guy with NFL potential, but I’m not sure he’s quite there yet. I don’t think I’d take him before day 3 right now, but with another season under his belt he could improve his stock significantly.

Not that surprised he’s leaving, just didn’t think it would be for the league.

I think he’s a high ceiling guy with NFL potential, but I’m not sure he’s quite there yet. I don’t think I’d take him before day 3 right now, but with another season under his belt he could improve his stock significantly.

Not that surprised he’s leaving, just didn’t think it would be for the league.

The biggest difference between Hicks and those other guys that Loyal listed is that he is an NFL sized player. The other guys were very talented but none of them were NFL prototype bodies and were considered "situational" players before they even got to the combine.

I think Hicks should have stayed for a year.....but I think he's got a much better shot than the other three.

Reactions: LeachPack
The biggest difference between Hicks and those other guys that Loyal listed is that he is an NFL sized player. The other guys were very talented but none of them were NFL prototype bodies and were considered "situational" players before they even got to the combine.

I think Hicks should have stayed for a year.....but I think he's got a much better shot than the other three.
looks like he’s projected around 155 overall on average. Puts him end of 4th. Late 4th early 5th he’s got a good shot of making a team. Combine/Pro day will be huge for a guy like him so he must be confident in what he can do there. Can’t recall if he played a lot of special teams in college but that’s something he’ll be expected to do a lot of if he makes a team as well.

There’s so many variables now with NIL I don’t blame kids for taking a chance on themselves. They see guys around them getting money in college if they are projected to be drafted I’m not surprised some of them aren’t sticking around.

There are no rules in CF any longer, players can do as this wish. It's only a matter of time before they don't even have to do to class, or even make it appear as if they are going.

There are no rules in CF any longer, players can do as this wish. It's only a matter of time before they don't even have to do to class, or even make it appear as if they are going.
2 years plus a redshirt. That's 3.

And if FSU wins their case, and the ACC grant of rights gets thrown out, the lack of rules will extend to the schools too - not just the players. They'll be able to change membership every year too.

Hicks got an invite to the Senior Bowl, which is great news for him, with a good showing there he ups his draft stock. Interesting that WSU has 3 players in the Senior Bowl, which I believe is the premier post season all star game for college football. So Brennan Jackson, Chau Smith Wade and now Hicks, don't recall the last time WSU had 3 players in the Senior Bowl.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT