ADVERTISEMENT

January 16

I hate that I have this thought, but I can't help but feel like the H's will be calling out the school for not having some sort of campus holiday or rememberance.

How about starting a thread with the negatives and opinions?

There is always a time and place to appropriately reflect on the past.

That is quite the accusation.

It's no secret that the Hilinski's were not thrilled with Wazzu with how they chose to not to recognize Tyler by name since he took his own life.I think what bothered a lot of people was the tweet from Hiliniski Hope after the EWU game where they praised EWU for recognizing Tyler while at the same time shaming WSU for not recognizing Tyler. I believe that tweet was in poor taste towards Wazzu. But no one can prove it actually came from a Hilinski, just from somebody that has access to the foundations Twitter handle. I believe the Hiliniski's feel they have been loved and received tremendous support from the WSU community and appreciate what the community of WSU has done from them.

Today is about Tyler in rembrance.

There’s 364 other days of the year to judge and opine on how people should grieve or behave.

Today is not one of those 364 days. Today they all get their space without judgment or motive.

Last edited:
Reactions: 79COUG and taf88
I understand how the Hilinski's feel, however WSU hired a consulting firm that specializes in dealing with difficulty issues like this. Needless to say events surrounding TH is not something you deal with on a daily basis, so they have followed the advice from that firm, base upon their expertise. Right or wrong, if you are going to pay someone for advice you typically listen to them. While some may disagree with the decisions WSU has made on this matter, they did seek help on how to deal with it, and while actions haven't pleased everyone, no matter which path you chose is nearly impossible to please everyone. I have a good friend whose son took his own life at the age of 18, they called my Wife and I to come to their home the night it happened, not easy to deal with, and no matter what is done, you are left with an empty helpless feeling.

I understand how the Hilinski's feel, however WSU hired a consulting firm that specializes in dealing with difficulty issues like this. Needless to say events surrounding TH is not something you deal with on a daily basis, so they have followed the advice from that firm, base upon their expertise. Right or wrong, if you are going to pay someone for advice you typically listen to them. While some may disagree with the decisions WSU has made on this matter, they did seek help on how to deal with it, and while actions haven't pleased everyone, no matter which path you chose is nearly impossible to please everyone. I have a good friend whose son took his own life at the age of 18, they called my Wife and I to come to their home the night it happened, not easy to deal with, and no matter what is done, you are left with an empty helpless feeling.

Yes and as I recall wasn't part of the rationale that one or more other WSU students took their lives between TH's death and FB season? And another that too much individual honoring would glorify suicide and possibly encourage it in others?

Sad sad situation all the way around. The one thing I would have done if I was calling the shots is to come out in a "missing man" formation for that first offensive play. No words or names would have been needed.

I apologized, and I'll apologize again. I did hijack this and I'm sorry. I should have started another thread or kept my mouth shut. His memory and contribution to WSU are way more valuable than my opinion.

Peace

You still have the edit and delete function available.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT