ADVERTISEMENT

Jarrett Kingston: o-line or d-line?

YakiCoug

Hall Of Fame
Jan 6, 2003
The Anderson, Ca., prospect had 56 tackles, 20 tackles for losses, and 8.5 sacks as a junior. His highlights on defense, in my view, outshine those on offense, which are solid, btw. Now at 6-5, 250, he's very athletic. I could see him at 290 without losing a step. Given the dearth of bigger d-linemen returning next year, WSU may not have a choice here, unless they bring in others for the interior d-line spots.

I thought DT as well but he says they convinced him he's an OLM at camp. He really seemed to enjoy hitting a lot from his hudl.

The Anderson, Ca., prospect had 56 tackles, 20 tackles for losses, and 8.5 sacks as a junior. His highlights on defense, in my view, outshine those on offense, which are solid, btw. Now at 6-5, 250, he's very athletic. I could see him at 290 without losing a step. Given the dearth of bigger d-linemen returning next year, WSU may not have a choice here, unless they bring in others for the interior d-line spots.

From everything I have read, he is being recruited to play offensive tackle. I'm guessing he is going to be over 300 lbs in a few years. Plus, his numbers are great, but he plays at a very small school.

There is still plenty of time to pick up a few defensive lineman.

It still confus s me when folks assume that big is the only qualifier at bot OL and DL. I will continue to trust the guys paid the money, but OL and DL are different altogether, not just plug and play a large individual.

Reactions: Coug1990
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT