ADVERTISEMENT

Jen Cohen

425cougfan

Hall Of Fame
Apr 23, 2011
I don't recall who was making a fuss over this (Ed, I think), but so we can all rest easier, it's now come out that Jen Cohen received a raise and extension last fall that puts her in the upper half of public school ADs in the Pac-12.

Some snippets from an article I found on the Athletic (let's call it Brand W):

- Extended through 6/24 with 2-year option
- Raise from $460k per year to $750k with increased annual retention bonus of $75k per year that vests in 2021 and 2024, respectively
- Merit raise eligibility of 2% per year at president's discretion
- $100k per year in other incentives

Thank goodness.

Well deserved. She's done a nice job on the hiring side of things. Hopkins obviously but I think they also brought in some Oregon coaches for T&F after the abuse issues surfaced. There was a time when the UW rarely would beat us in track or baseball.

Well deserved. She's done a nice job on the hiring side of things. Hopkins obviously but I think they also brought in some Oregon coaches for T&F after the abuse issues surfaced. There was a time when the UW rarely would beat us in track or baseball.
The men's team abuse allegations for Metcalf were mostly fugazi (equivalent of Wulff players whining about Leach) - but Cohen was clever to dump his Metcalf's ass. There were worse stuff whispered about women's team abuses over the years which neither side wanted aired. And some good UO coaches were being blocked by current regime and the Hayward Field renovation meant some transfers would follow them north for awhile.

Wonder how this affects Mr. Chun's contract?

Not sure how long what's her name has been on the job, but Pat seems to be on an upward trajectory from everything we see and hear (Ex: CML is happy in Pullman, baseball complex upgrade, New IPF getting closer to reality and, most recently, the highly regarded new hoops coach).

I'm guessing Mr. Moos is told nothing but good things about his successor from his friends back home in the Palouse.

Tragedy averted.

Phew!

Yes, we live in a fair and just world where a first-time AD got a raise to make a wage in the top half of the conference after a weighty 2.5 years of experience. The myriad evildoers in UW's administration have, at least in this case, been forced to move on to other attempts to keep various downtrodden and powerless groups under their collective boot.

Wonder how this affects Mr. Chun's contract?

Not sure how long what's her name has been on the job, but Pat seems to be on an upward trajectory from everything we see and hear (Ex: CML is happy in Pullman, baseball complex upgrade, New IPF getting closer to reality and, most recently, the highly regarded new hoops coach).

I'm guessing Mr. Moos is told nothing but good things about his successor from his friends back home in the Palouse.

Why would it affect Chun's contract? He's one year into a 5 year deal. And why do you keep saying this? Someone pitch in $10 million that I don't know about?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT