ADVERTISEMENT

Soooo - Debate tonight?

Loyal Coug1

Hall Of Fame
Aug 24, 2022
6PM on various stations. I for one will be glued to the set. This is historic and very important, although most of America probably doesn't even know it is happening.

Are y'all going to watch it? Key for Biden IMHO is to stay coherent, avoid his frozen stance, and try to needle the shit out of Trump, call out his lies as such, and get him all pissed off and ranting. Don't get mad or stoop to his level? Trump? I think we know what we will get. $5 sez muted mikes or not he will keep on blathering.

It's going to be interesting to see how much time Trump spends bitching about his mike being turned off. Also curious to see how Biden holds up over the course of the debate. I've not been impressed with how much the Presidency has worn him down. It's a pity that people are so caught up in their political jerseys that no third party candidates have a shot. Of course, there hasn't been a decent third party candidate in a minute.

It's going to be interesting to see how much time Trump spends bitching about his mike being turned off. Also curious to see how Biden holds up over the course of the debate. I've not been impressed with how much the Presidency has worn him down. It's a pity that people are so caught up in their political jerseys that no third party candidates have a shot. Of course, there hasn't been a decent third party candidate in a minute.
Fixed it for you.

I, for one, won't be watching - there's no need. I will not vote for Trump under any circumstances. The only decision point for me is whether I'm willing to vote for Biden in order to help keep Trump out, or if I'd rather throw my vote away on a down-the-ballot candidate and be able to look at myself in the mirror.

Not that it matters. Biden will win Washington no matter what I do. The winner-take-all system sucks.

Reactions: KRUSTYtheCOUG
6PM on various stations. I for one will be glued to the set. This is historic and very important, although most of America probably doesn't even know it is happening.

Are y'all going to watch it? Key for Biden IMHO is to stay coherent, avoid his frozen stance, and try to needle the shit out of Trump, call out his lies as such, and get him all pissed off and ranting. Don't get mad or stoop to his level? Trump? I think we know what we will get. $5 sez muted mikes or not he will keep on blathering.
Word salad vs blank stares. Whoopee.

I voted for Ross Perot. Twice.

Reactions: COUGinNCW
Rigged debate from start to finish by CNN. Biden should not be out there pumped full of God knows what.

Democrats have to cheat in order to have a chance. Sad!

Fixed it for you.

I, for one, won't be watching - there's no need. I will not vote for Trump under any circumstances. The only decision point for me is whether I'm willing to vote for Biden in order to help keep Trump out, or if I'd rather throw my vote away on a down-the-ballot candidate and be able to look at myself in the mirror.

Not that it matters. Biden will win Washington no matter what I do. The winner-take-all system sucks.
I probably won't watch either. There is not a chance that I would vote for Trump as well. He would destroy our country, something that our Supreme Court is doing now one decision at a time.

I am more voting for the cabinet that Biden has over Trump and anyone he has.

So did I, although I thought he was crazy and would never win. Yeah, it was a protest vote. But as many of us knew, he was going to be right about that sucking sound. I have never voted for a Clinton.

Once. Then when early returns came in, I was briefly scared he might actually have a chance. Didn’t do it in 96. Went further down the ballot and voted for someone whose name I forgot by the end of the week.

Thats pretty much what I’ve done ever since too.

I hate trump. But I think he won the night in the only category that matters with voters - image.

Even if you can objectivy make the argument that Biden is mentally competent enough to do the job...that's CURRENTLY. Imagine 3 or 4 years from now.

The DNC should intervene during the convention. It's the only hope at this current point. Taihtsat

Reactions: COUGinNCW
It's bizarro world.
Yeah. That was painful to watch. I'll comment more later, but a couple of thoughts.

One - the fact checkers are going to be busy for a while.
Two - Biden fumbled badly. His lapses and stammering were bad. In part I blame his prep. Way too many numbers and stats and shit he was prone to stumble over. He needed to step back a little, get off the attempt to constantly spout of facts and figures, and project a reassuring, calm and confident persona.
Three - Trump is such a liar, but Biden didn't attack some of the worst lies (ex: illegals coming from prisons and insane asylums). And do so in a relaxed manner. "Oh Donny, that is such a bunch of BS - you are just making that crap up, and the fact-checkers will have a heyday correcting all your lies (then laugh).

Edit - Curious to see what, if anything, world leaders will come out with. Of course, the chickenshits will fear retribution from Trump (should he win) if they dare to make a strong stand against him. BUT, they need to. A massive statement by all of NATO and beyond affirming their support for Biden's world leadership, their admiration for America's place in the world, etc, etc.

Last edited:
Yeah. That was painful to watch. I'll comment more later, but a couple of thoughts.

Two - Biden fumbled badly. His lapses and stammering were bad. In part I blame his prep. Way too many numbers and stats and shit he was prone to stumble over. He needed to step back a little, get off the attempt to constantly spout of facts and figures, and project a reassuring, calm and confident persona.
Three - Trump is such a liar, but Biden didn't attack some of the worst lies (ex: illegals coming from prisons and insane asylums). And do so in a relaxed manner. "Oh Donny, that is such a bunch of BS - you are just making that crap up, and the fact-checkers will have a heyday correcting all your lies (then laugh).
Trump was Trump. I didn't expect much from Biden. I thought a debate was a bad idea, but he came off much worse than I could have imagined. Agree on the stats. One of many mistakes they made in the debate.

Edit - Curious to see what, if anything, world leaders will come out with. Of course, the chickenshits will fear retribution from Trump (should he win) if they dare to make a strong stand against him. BUT, they need to. A massive statement by all of NATO and beyond affirming their support for Biden's world leadership, their admiration for America's place in the world, etc, etc.
Biden’s handlers must have been trying to emphasize the contrast and have Biden presenting verifiable fact to counter Trump’s fantasy lies. Doing it with numbers and statistics didn’t play to his strengths though.

Biden’s handlers must have been trying to emphasize the contrast and have Biden presenting verifiable fact to counter Trump’s fantasy lies. Doing it with numbers and statistics didn’t play to his strengths though.
Trump brings up golfing for whatever ridiculous reason and sounds like an idiot. Biden one ups him and counters he has a 6 (or 8?) handicap. WTF?

Rigged debate from start to finish by CNN. Biden should not be out there pumped full of God knows what.

JC... based on your observation what do you believe he was pumped full of? Were you thinking speed, coked up? Just wondering what you saw?

My God that was a trainwreck. Damn near everything Trump said was a lie, and Biden had trouble putting sentences together. It basically confirmed the perceptions of the electorate. If I was a drinker, it'd be a heavy night.

My God that was a trainwreck. Damn near everything Trump said was a lie, and Biden had trouble putting sentences together. It basically confirmed the perceptions of the electorate. If I was a drinker, it'd be a heavy night.
Two out to lunch old men that belong in nursing homes.

3rd party candidate entering the race:

Justin you know what I imagined I heard on left leaning news channels? Trumps camp slipped Risperidone in Biden's Mountain Dew

Gavin Newsom....

Jamie Dimond

Michelle

Mark Cuban

If they win move Kamala to AG
It will be Gavin. He would obliterate Trump on a debate stage. Trump wouldn’t dare step foot on the stage w him.

I’m no fan of what’s happening in CA, but he’s the best option for a late stage replacement to keep Trump from winning.

JC... based on your observation what do you believe he was pumped full of? Were you thinking speed, coked up? Just wondering what you saw?
This is the weirdest accusation considering the inside sources who’ve confirmed Trump is often pumped up on aderral.

Biden was a disaster last night and is clearly too old to carry out a second term, but I’m quite certain he’s not on anything other than some old people vitamins.

Inslee is available, he's got nothing better to do. There has to be some democratic Governor that is a better choice than Newsom or Whitmer, both have baggage and Newsom has huge budget problems in CA, we need a President that understands federal spending needs to be cut and you can't tax your way out of it. Cooper of NC or Murphy of NJ is a better choice than Whitmer or Newsom. The Democratic party has been hijacked by the far left. that's why they want Joe to run again, since they are running the show. A Governor that has shown Fiscal responsibility is needed, we cannot continue to run 2 trillion dollar deficits without major consequences.

I don't know if Gavin would accept at this point. He's well positioned for a run in 2028, as opposed to walking into a shit storm for a last-minute campaign.

I don't know if Gavin would accept at this point. He's well positioned for a run in 2028, as opposed to walking into a shit storm for a last-minute campaign.
I’m not too familiar with history of candidates who’ve run and lost then run again and won. Seems like even if he didn’t win he’d get his name out there and get some pub for the next go around. He’s a brilliant speaker/debater who’d wipe the floor with Trump. Might not be enough to get the votes but I don’t see the downside for him.

Inslee is available, he's got nothing better to do. There has to be some democratic Governor that is a better choice than Newsom or Whitmer, both have baggage and Newsom has huge budget problems in CA, we need a President that understands federal spending needs to be cut and you can't tax your way out of it. Cooper of NC or Murphy of NJ is a better choice than Whitmer or Newsom. The Democratic party has been hijacked by the far left. that's why they want Joe to run again, since they are running the show. A Governor that has shown Fiscal responsibility is needed, we cannot continue to run 2 trillion dollar deficits without major consequences.
Trump ran record deficits and everyone in his corner thinks he’s brilliant with money despite his record of failures. This can be spun and 90% of the population will eat it up.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT