ADVERTISEMENT

Junior Alexander

etowncoug

Hall Of Fame
Apr 15, 2018
Has been crystal balled to ASU by a slew of recruiting experts over at the competitors site. Certainly seems like a long shot to land the Kennedy trio now. We'll know for sure on July 15, but you can't say Rolo didn't put his work in on this one. Alexander was quoted as saying WSU was doing the best job of recruiting him as of a couple weeks ago.

Has been crystal balled to ASU by a slew of recruiting experts over at the competitors site. Certainly seems like a long shot to land the Kennedy trio now. We'll know for sure on July 15, but you can't say Rolo didn't put his work in on this one. Alexander was quoted as saying WSU was doing the best job of recruiting him as of a couple weeks ago.

They are crystal balling him to sign with ASU and not WSU, BECAUSE they know that Rolo had to offer Shumpert to get Alexander an or the whole Kennedy Trio.

Almost all the recruiting experts said that WSU/Rolo, should be the favorite to get Alexander, in light of ALL the things that coaches, players, friends, family, Alexander, Recruiting Experts, etc, that I quoted/Paraphrased, said.

Almost the ONLY one that had Alexander going to ASU, was Brandon Huffman, and even he said that WSU/Rolo was extremely serious threat, semi likely, etc, to get Alexander, as long as Rolo offered Shumpert. But its obvious that the only reason he was the only one to crystal ball Alexander to ASU, is because despite all WSU had going for it to get Alexander, he just couldn't see Alexander choosing Poor Ole Little Ole WSU, over more prestigious ASU, despite the good chance that Alexander goto WSU

But that was 2,3,4 weeks ago. Now its obvious that Rolo isn't offering 3 star Shumpert, and won't offer him, and that because of that Alexander, will probably go to ASU, and not WSU, because of that.

And the recruiting experts know that. And so that's why the experts are now crystal balling Alexander to ASU now, when they weren't back then, because they thought that WSU was a extremely serious threat to get Alexander back then, as long as Rolo offered Shumpert.

No offer Shumpert= Alexander/Tinae no goto WSU.

Offer Shumpert= Alexander an or Tinae likely to goto WSU.

Rolo had the whole Kennedy Trio in his grasp, in the jaws of victory for WSU, but he Rolo Snatched defeat from the Jaws of Victory, by not offering Shumpert.

Rolo BLEW IT, by not offering Shumpert

And the recruiting experts know that, which is why they are now crystal balling Alexander ASU.

ASU, you can thank Rolo for not offering Shumpert, and thus giving you Alexander.

ASU didn't offer Shumpert either. And Jabez Tinae isn't expected to go there either. I promise you Alexander's decision has nothing to do with being a package deal.

The internet is forever, so I'll let you link direct quotes saying Alexander and Tinae would commit to WSU if they offered Shumpert. I haven't seen this said by anyone, maybe you have, but please provide a link.

They are crystal balling him to sign with ASU and not WSU, BECAUSE they know that Rolo had to offer Shumpert to get Alexander an or the whole Kennedy Trio.

Almost all the recruiting experts said that WSU/Rolo, should be the favorite to get Alexander, in light of ALL the things that coaches, players, friends, family, Alexander, Recruiting Experts, etc, that I quoted/Paraphrased, said.

Almost the ONLY one that had Alexander going to ASU, was Brandon Huffman, and even he said that WSU/Rolo was extremely serious threat, semi likely, etc, to get Alexander, as long as Rolo offered Shumpert. But its obvious that the only reason he was the only one to crystal ball Alexander to ASU, is because despite all WSU had going for it to get Alexander, he just couldn't see Alexander choosing Poor Ole Little Ole WSU, over more prestigious ASU, despite the good chance that Alexander goto WSU

But that was 2,3,4 weeks ago. Now its obvious that Rolo isn't offering 3 star Shumpert, and won't offer him, and that because of that Alexander, will probably go to ASU, and not WSU, because of that.

And the recruiting experts know that. And so that's why the experts are now crystal balling Alexander to ASU now, when they weren't back then, because they thought that WSU was a extremely serious threat to get Alexander back then, as long as Rolo offered Shumpert.

No offer Shumpert= Alexander/Tinae no goto WSU.

Offer Shumpert= Alexander an or Tinae likely to goto WSU.

Rolo had the whole Kennedy Trio in his grasp, in the jaws of victory for WSU, but he Rolo Snatched defeat from the Jaws of Victory, by not offering Shumpert.

Rolo BLEW IT, by not offering Shumpert

And the recruiting experts know that, which is why they are now crystal balling Alexander ASU.

ASU, you can thank Rolo for not offering Shumpert, and thus giving you Alexander.

ASU didn't offer Shumpert either. And Jabez Tinae isn't expected to go there either. I promise you Alexander's decision has nothing to do with being a package deal.

The internet is forever, so I'll let you link direct quotes saying Alexander and Tinae would commit to WSU if they offered Shumpert. I haven't seen this said by anyone, maybe you have, but please provide a link.

Alexander said on a podcast with Brandon Huffman that all 3 of them would goto the same place as a packaged deal.

Then Alexander posted a Twitter Tweet of a picture of him Alexander/Tinae/Shumpert, in WSU uniforms, again saying under the pic, in, on the same Tweet, that nothing will separate them, and that they will all play together at the same place.

Shumperts 7 on 7, ALL STAR coach said that they will all play together atvthe same place together, and that Shumpert loves WSU, and that if WSU/Rolo offer him, that he would goto WSU, and that Alexander/Tinae would also goto WSU.

Friends, Coaches, players, family, etc, backed that up.

So no, no quote that says something like IF WSU offers Shumpert, then I, we will also goto WSU.

But that kind of quote is not needed.

Its pretty obvious from what Alexander/Shumpert jave said, and froends, coaches, family, etc, have said, that if WSU, Rolo had offered Shumpert, that at least Alexander, an or both Alexander/Tinae, would have gone to WSU to play with Shumpert at WSU.

The only way that woukd be wrong is if the coaches, players, friends, family, etc, were all lying, blowing smoke, etc.

Seriously doubt that it was all lying, blowing smoke.

As far as where this info came from: It's come from Twitter, Instagrahm, 247, Brand X, Brandon Huffman's Podcast, Theo Lawson, Seattle Times.

And I somewhere between some to most of the time, saw, heard, read this myself from the above links, sources, etc. And sometimes I got this from credible public sources, people, posting, citing the sources, links, but trusting them, and not actually clicking on the link, source, reading it.

In Any case I am not going to go searching trying to refind all this, and then copying, pasting it, etc, for you.

It's there, you just have to google search, follow twitter trails, and scour this board, Brand X's board, etc, as this has been said, posted, linked, sourced, etc.

Your entire argument that Rolo blew it is undermined if both Shumpert and Tinae don't head to ASU.

Alexander said on a podcast with Brandon Huffman that all 3 of them would goto the same place as a packaged deal.

Then Alexander posted a Twitter Tweet of a picture of him Alexander/Tinae/Shumpert, in WSU uniforms, again saying under the pic, in, on the same Tweet, that nothing will separate them, and that they will all play together at the same place.

Shumperts 7 on 7, ALL STAR coach said that they will all play together atvthe same place together, and that Shumpert loves WSU, and that if WSU/Rolo offer him, that he would goto WSU, and that Alexander/Tinae would also goto WSU.

Friends, Coaches, players, family, etc, backed that up.

So no, no quote that says something like IF WSU offers Shumpert, then I, we will also goto WSU.

But that kind of quote is not needed.

Its pretty obvious from what Alexander/Shumpert jave said, and froends, coaches, family, etc, have said, that if WSU, Rolo had offered Shumpert, that at least Alexander, an or both Alexander/Tinae, would have gone to WSU to play with Shumpert at WSU.

The only way that woukd be wrong is if the coaches, players, friends, family, etc, were all lying, blowing smoke, etc.

Seriously doubt that it was all lying, blowing smoke.

As far as where this info came from: It's come from Twitter, Instagrahm, 247, Brand X, Brandon Huffman's Podcast, Theo Lawson, Seattle Times.

And I somewhere between some to most of the time, saw, heard, read this myself from the above links, sources, etc. And sometimes I got this from credible public sources, people, posting, citing the sources, links, but trusting them, and not actually clicking on the link, source, reading it.

In Any case I am not going to go searching trying to refind all this, and then copying, pasting it, etc, for you.

It's there, you just have to google search, follow twitter trails, and scour this board, Brand X's board, etc, as this has been said, posted, linked, sourced, etc.

Of Course ASU doesnt have to offer Shumpert to get Alexander.

That's Because:

3 star Shumpert isnt getting Pac 12 offers, not even from Rolo.

Which means that if Alexander, Tinae, Shumpert all want to play together at the same place like they said, they would all have to play together at the same Big Sky, Mountain West, BSU, etc, program.

And that's not likely because altho they want to play at same place together, there are MINIMUM levels of play, colleges that Alexander, Tinae are willing to go to..

And that minimum level, is, was, WSU.

When Rolo refused to offer Shumpert, the 3 of them going to the same place was off, since no P5, Pac 12, including WSU, offered Shumpert.

Thus its every man for himself, going to the best place he can goto, thinks best.

For Alexander, that's ASU. And ASU doesnt have to offer Shumpert to get Alexander to goto ASU.

Now if some other Pac 12 program had offered all 3 of the trio, including Shumpert, then ASU would have had to offer Shumpert to get Alexander.

And if WSU had offered Shumpert, then Shumpert would have committed, signed, because it both his only P5, Pac 12 offer, and because loves WSU. And if Shumpert got offered by Rolo, WSU, and then committed, signed to WSU, then Alexander would have gone to WSU also.

Since you don't get what I'm saying, I'll say this a different way. If Alexander wants to play as part of a packaged deal he should let ASU know his buddies need to come with him. Clearly it's not a deal breaker for him. Again, he's said Rolovich has worked harder for him than anyone else.

If heading to Tempe to block by himself is more appealing than staying semi-local in an offense that produces 3-4 1000 yard receivers a year, I have a hard time believing offering the lesser of his two high school buddies would have made a difference.

Of Course ASU doesnt have to offer Shumpert to get Alexander.

That's Because:

3 star Shumpert isnt getting Pac 12 offers, not even from Rolo.

Which means that if Alexander, Tinae, Shumpert all want to play together at the same place like they said, they would all have to play together at the same Big Sky, Mountain West, BSU, etc, program.

And that's not likely because altho they want to play at same place together, there are MINIMUM levels of play, colleges that Alexander, Tinae are willing to go to..

And that minimum level, is, was, WSU.

When Rolo refused to offer Shumpert, the 3 of them going to the same place was off, since no P5, Pac 12, including WSU, offered Shumpert.

Thus its every man for himself, going to the best place he can goto, thinks best.

For Alexander, that's ASU. And ASU doesnt have to offer Shumpert to get Alexander to goto ASU.

Now if some other Pac 12 program had offered all 3 of the trio, including Shumpert, then ASU would have had to offer Shumpert to get Alexander.

And if WSU had offered Shumpert, then Shumpert would have committed, signed, because it both his only P5, Pac 12 offer, and because loves WSU. And if Shumpert got offered by Rolo, WSU, and then committed, signed to WSU, then Alexander would have gone to WSU also.

Since you don't get what I'm saying, I'll say this a different way. If Alexander wants to play as part of a packaged deal he should let ASU know his buddies need to come with him. Clearly it's not a deal breaker for him. Again, he's said Rolovich has worked harder for him than anyone else.

If heading to Tempe to block by himself is more appealing than staying semi-local in an offense that produces 3-4 1000 yard receivers a year, I have a hard time believing offering the lesser of his two high school buddies would have made a difference.

Nobody in the Pac 12, P5, is going to bring BOTH of his buddies along.

So if he Alexander wants to RELIGIOUSLY play together with his 2 buddies as a packaged deal, his ONLY OPTIONS would be BIG SKY, MOUNTAIN WEST.

He Alexander wants to play together with his 2 buddies, but not to the point where he would have to play for EWU, Idaho, etc.

He was willing to go as low as WSU, to play with his 2 buddies.

When Rolo didnt offer Shumpert, and thus killed the Kennedy Trio of playing together at the P5, PAC 12 level, it became every man for himself.

Alexander went to ASU. For What reason I dont get.

Because your right that Alexander did say that Rolo, WSU had recruited him the best, and deserved him the most, because of that.

But part of the reason he said that, was that up UNTIL THE POINT where Rolo refused to offer Shumpert, Rolo, WSU, had recruited him Alexander the best, up until then. And then Rolo blew it after that, by not offering Shumpert.

I suspect what happened, is that WSU, Rolo had done the best recruiting Alexander, and that that because of that Alexander did want to goto WSU.

And then something changed. Probably ASU recruited him good to the point where it was neck and neck between ASU, WSU.

If Rolo had offered Shumpert, that would have broken the neck and neck tie between WSU, and ASU for Alexander, and Alexander would have probably chose WSU over ASU, because of that.

But because Rolo didnt offer Shumpert, Alexander chose ASU instead.

If it hadnt been so close between ASU, and WSU, for Alexander, Alexander might probably have chosen WSU, over ASU, despite Shumpert not getting offered.

But because it was so close between ASU, WSU, Not offering Shumpert, is probably why Alexander chose ASU over WSU.

But that said I dont get why he would choose to be a blocking WR, for ASU's NFL quality RB, instead of being a 1000 yard, 65 reception, 15 yard per catch, 7 to 21 TD, shot at NFL, plenty of playing time receiver for WSU.

That was one hell of a recruiting job by ASU getting him away from WSU.

But despite that, I think Alexander would have gone to WSU over ASU, if Rolo had offered Shumpert.

Again, you’re way to close to the situation to be even a bit objective. At this point, your posts are Oddly obsessive regarding this kid.

At least come clean & tell us your connection.

Reactions: etowncoug
Wash St A&M, your use of the term "obsessive" in a post to Mike is redundant.

Let me try to summarize concisely & conclude.

Mike believes that if WSU would have offered all three, he would have gotten all three. The lack of offers for one of them shows that virtually no P5 coaches think that he is ready for P5 play. Mike feels that it was a good decision to take a chance on one in order to get all three. If I were in Rolo's position I would have considered that, but everybody would have been in an awkward position if an offer were extended to all three as a package and at least one of the other kids then chose not to come to WSU. I suspect that Rolo has been in this rodeo before; it is not unusual for MWC coaches to run into this sort of scenario, and sometimes they take a borderline kid to get a star. It is, after all, hard to get stars to a MWC school. It appears that Rolo either felt that a package would not hold together, or felt that he didn't want to use a scholie on a borderline kid. Either way, I have to believe that his staff considered the situation and passed.

End of subject. Nothing more to see here. Obsession resolved.

Reactions: SilverStateCoug
Wide receivers are up and down the West Coast. Once kids see the offense and meet the staff I think they will have plenty of talented kids that wanna play there.

I don't agree with the package deal idea. You offer the kids you believe are able to play for you. Bringing in kids you don't believe have a shot does nothing for either party involved. The team uses limited resources on a player that will not contribute and the player is using up limited eligibility standing on the sideline.

Rather than try and leverage your way into a place on a team that does not believe you will play, my suggestion is to find your own path to success. Go somewhere they are thrilled to have YOU, not your buddies. Go somewhere you can be a difference maker.

Wash St A&M, your use of the term "obsessive" in a post to Mike is redundant.

Let me try to summarize concisely & conclude.

Mike believes that if WSU would have offered all three, he would have gotten all three. The lack of offers for one of them shows that virtually no P5 coaches think that he is ready for P5 play. Mike feels that it was a good decision to take a chance on one in order to get all three. If I were in Rolo's position I would have considered that, but everybody would have been in an awkward position if an offer were extended to all three as a package and at least one of the other kids then chose not to come to WSU. I suspect that Rolo has been in this rodeo before; it is not unusual for MWC coaches to run into this sort of scenario, and sometimes they take a borderline kid to get a star. It is, after all, hard to get stars to a MWC school. It appears that Rolo either felt that a package would not hold together, or felt that he didn't want to use a scholie on a borderline kid. Either way, I have to believe that his staff considered the situation and passed.

End of subject. Nothing more to see here. Obsession resolved.

Good summary. Disagree with his thesis but you summarized it well.

We only get 25 scholarships a year and we are trying to head to a bowl every year. We shouldn't be handing out rides to kids we don't see as P5 talents. Part of raising the profile of your program is not swallowing poison pills in recruiting.

I'm never going to knock Rolo for passing on a kid he doesn't see as a P5 guy.

Different sports, situations, and times.....but my foggy memory recalls a basketball player recruited by George Raveling in what he thought would be a packaged deal. Unheralded Reedy Berg out of Boise was given a scholarship with the hope, if not the understanding, that his good friend and star teammate Brian Welch would come along. Well, you can guess how that went.....Berg became a Coug while Welch ended up at Stanford where he had a real good career. Berg washed out after 2 years on the bench. Bottom line: you can never guarantee that any player will commit to your school if he has what he perceives a better offer....even if you offer his best friend. I'm okay with Rolo's decision, even if none of us know the full details.

Glad Cougar

Nobody in the Pac 12, P5, is going to bring BOTH of his buddies along.

So if he Alexander wants to RELIGIOUSLY play together with his 2 buddies as a packaged deal, his ONLY OPTIONS would be BIG SKY, MOUNTAIN WEST.

He Alexander wants to play together with his 2 buddies, but not to the point where he would have to play for EWU, Idaho, etc.

He was willing to go as low as WSU, to play with his 2 buddies.

When Rolo didnt offer Shumpert, and thus killed the Kennedy Trio of playing together at the P5, PAC 12 level, it became every man for himself.

Alexander went to ASU. For What reason I dont get.

Because your right that Alexander did say that Rolo, WSU had recruited him the best, and deserved him the most, because of that.

But part of the reason he said that, was that up UNTIL THE POINT where Rolo refused to offer Shumpert, Rolo, WSU, had recruited him Alexander the best, up until then. And then Rolo blew it after that, by not offering Shumpert.

I suspect what happened, is that WSU, Rolo had done the best recruiting Alexander, and that that because of that Alexander did want to goto WSU.

And then something changed. Probably ASU recruited him good to the point where it was neck and neck between ASU, WSU.

If Rolo had offered Shumpert, that would have broken the neck and neck tie between WSU, and ASU for Alexander, and Alexander would have probably chose WSU over ASU, because of that.

But because Rolo didnt offer Shumpert, Alexander chose ASU instead.

If it hadnt been so close between ASU, and WSU, for Alexander, Alexander might probably have chosen WSU, over ASU, despite Shumpert not getting offered.

But because it was so close between ASU, WSU, Not offering Shumpert, is probably why Alexander chose ASU over WSU.

But that said I dont get why he would choose to be a blocking WR, for ASU's NFL quality RB, instead of being a 1000 yard, 65 reception, 15 yard per catch, 7 to 21 TD, shot at NFL, plenty of playing time receiver for WSU.

That was one hell of a recruiting job by ASU getting him away from WSU.

But despite that, I think Alexander would have gone to WSU over ASU, if Rolo had offered Shumpert.
suppose he offers shumpert and gets only shumpert, would that be a good risk? it is certainly a possibility

suppose he offers shumpert and gets only shumpert, would that be a good risk? it is certainly a possibility

Yes it is a good risk because:

1. He is a 3 star(Rolo has rejected 3 star, in order to try to get, and get 1,2 star, NR, highest ended 2 stars, borderline Div 2, those that he beat out Div 2 colleges, Whitworth, Big Sky, Mountain West, etc.)

If he Rolo were rejecting a 3 star like 3 star Shumpert for another 3 star, or 4 stars, etc, that would be different, ok.

2. So he gets a 3 star WR.

3. If they do get stuck with him, and if he isnt 3+ star or better good at WR, they can, might be able to move him to TE, Outside LB, Safety, Nickel, Dime DB, etc.

When your WSU, you do have to take calculated risk, gambles to try to keep up.

Yeah it would be a bummer being stuck with him on bench, but WHAT IF they get all 3 of Kennedy Trio because they did offer Shumpert.

Plus this is not a BLIND offer Shumpert to get the Trio.

There is a LOT OF CREDIBLE SOURCES that have INDICATED. SHOWN, SAID, etc, from COACHES, FAMILY, FRIENDS, PLAYERS, THE RECRUITS THEMSELVES, RECRUITING EXPERTS, ETC, that have said, etc, that if Shumpert goes to WSU, gets offered by Rolo, that at least Alexander, if not all 3 of the Trio would goto WSU, and that WSU was a semi Favorite to get 2,3 of the Trio.

Offering Shumpert, wouldnt be a BLIND, stab in the dark, wild, crazy hope, etc, that MAYBE get 1,2 of the other 2 of the Trio.

If that was what it is, was(it isnt), then yeah dont offer Shumpert then.

This is a LOGICAL, REASONABLE, RATIONAL, CALCULATED RISK, GAMBLE, % TO GET.

If Shumpert is offered by Rolo, about 87% to get at least Alexander, an or both Alexander/Tinae.

I would take that kind of chance any day, etc.

Reactions: cr8zyncalif
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT