ADVERTISEMENT

Just wow

There's more, USC Defensive tackle just claimed he is now sitting out the rest of the season. I personally feel these players are over playing their hand, fans will get really tired of this real fast, if this trend continues. Of course, there is some team with 20 mil in NIL money that will offer him, but there will be fewer and fewer of those teams is these defections keep happening.

Here is the headline:

In a breaking news story reported by On3 Sports, defensive tackle Bear Alexander has announced his intention to sit out the rest of the season, redshirt and enter the transfer portal.

USC DT redshirts and hits portal
This time next year, instead of two, (UNLV and USC) there probably will be 10, or more.

Saw an ESPN+ article that listed him as #6 for "Group of 5" coaches to look at.
Sounds right to me. Like I said, love him, maybe, but not thinking this year.

Imo I think Jonathan Smith was a better candidate last year than Dickert this year and he took over a dumpster fire MSU program and had a Ok roster to raid.

If PJ Fleck didn't have a $22.9 million buyout and was more of a train wreck I could Minnesota as a spot for Dickert. Amanda at Baylor has a $16 million buy out. Don't see NCSU,UNC or Florida grabbing Dickert. Arkansas? Vanderbilt?

There's more, USC Defensive tackle just claimed he is now sitting out the rest of the season. I personally feel these players are over playing their hand, fans will get really tired of this real fast, if this trend continues. Of course, there is some team with 20 mil in NIL money that will offer him, but there will be fewer and fewer of those teams is these defections keep happening.

Here is the headline:

In a breaking news story reported by On3 Sports, defensive tackle Bear Alexander has announced his intention to sit out the rest of the season, redshirt and enter the transfer portal.

USC DT redshirts and hits portal
Haven’t watched USC this year, don’t know much about him. But I know we could use a big body in the middle.

If this is going to be the way of things, we’re forced to try to make the best of it. I expect we could provide the playing time he wants

If we win 9+, the market will develop quickly
Things move very quickly. As hot as his name was after week 4 last year it cooled awful quick when we hit that skid. If we go on an epic run this year he will be a target for several jobs.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT