ADVERTISEMENT

Kaleb Fossum transferring to Nevada

79COUG

Hall Of Fame
Gold Member
Nov 19, 2008
States financial reasons. Best of luck to him. He put all he had into it.

Surprised no scholarship for him after last season. Anyone know why not? He's been pretty productive on returns.

Surprised no scholarship for him after last season. Anyone know why not? He's been pretty productive on returns.

Assume we didn't have one to give.

Or perhaps waiting to see if either Powell or Sanders get in, and Fossum couldn't afford another semester on his own dime.

It happens. I hope he does well at Nevada.

Or perhaps waiting to see if either Powell or Sanders get in, and Fossum couldn't afford another semester on his own dime.

Would a scholarship to Fossum have counted toward the annual 25 or the team total of 85? I am under the impression that it would have come from the 85. Wrong? If not there should have been some spots available. Powell has transferred and three left early after graduating with a year of eligibility remaining. May well have been other cases of attrition that I am unaware of or have forgotten.

Too bad. Fossum was one of the better punt returners we've had over the past few years (which may not be saying a lot). Still, I thought he was valuable enough to earn a scholarship. He was the placeholder for kicks too and I could envision him developing into a Tyler Baker-type receiver. Good luck to him at Nevada.

Glad Cougar

Something about that saying "a bird in the hand..." comes to mind.

May have needed to wait until fall semester too.

Would a scholarship to Fossum have counted toward the annual 25 or the team total of 85? I am under the impression that it would have come from the 85. Wrong? If not there should have been some spots available. Powell has transferred and three left early after graduating with a year of eligibility remaining. May well have been other cases of attrition that I am unaware of or have forgotten.

Only the 85 cap. He's been in the program over two years.

But kind of an interesting note: Hal Mumme's son, Matt, is the Offensive Coord at Nevada right now.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT