ADVERTISEMENT

Kate Hate is real

UberCougars

Team Captain
Nov 5, 2015
Whitlock, Portnoy and others saying she should grab the $20,000,000 NIL deal on the table awaiting her return to Iowa, play one more season to packed houses, solidify her brand then retire and bypass the WNBA altogether.

Reactions: LeachPack
Whitlock, Portnoy and others saying she should grab the $20,000,000 NIL deal on the table awaiting her return to Iowa, play one more season to packed houses, solidify her brand then retire and bypass the WNBA altogether.
I haven't read about her NIL offers, but a while back I was saying she should come back and do what you describe (not the retirement part, but yes the coming back one more year).

If that number is real, how do you turn that down?

Portnoy says he’s got $10 million on the table for her to play in his rec league.

Top salary wnba is under $250k.

Portnoy says he’s got $10 million on the table for her to play in his rec league.

Top salary wnba is under $250k.
I heard she’d make like $76K in wnba? Slotted rookie deals?

$20M?? Yeah F the WNBA, she could blow out a knee and it could all be over. If that kind of money is out there for her take it and don’t play a minute in the WNBA.

I suppose part of the decision is on what she can get in endorsements. I imagine Nike would hand her some sort of 8 figure dDeal, perhaps that’s bigger if she goes to the WNBA and that salary doesn’t even really matter.

She is doing for women’s hoops what Tiger woods did for golf. I think any scenario she’s going to have mega endorsement deals and that’s where her payday is.

She has dreamed her entire life to play in the WNBA. There is zero chance she would ever want to play in a glorified rec league until she is old and retired and wants to play for fun. There is way more chance she would get injured in the rec league with the lesser players and the lesser refs. She is going to make a fortune with endorsements here in America and when she goes to Europe to play.

She has dreamed her entire life to play in the WNBA. There is zero chance she would ever want to play in a glorified rec league until she is old and retired and wants to play for fun. There is way more chance she would get injured in the rec league with the lesser players and the lesser refs. She is going to make a fortune with endorsements here in America and when she goes to Europe to play.
Yeah, somehow I think she's going to make out ok.

Reactions: justinbgocougs

$20 million buys a lot of therapy to help her get over her childhood dreams, just sayin’

I was thinking through basketball and endorsements. I can't imagine how much she has already made in NIL and endorsements. She drove a lot of eyes to the sport.
Probably a good thing for women’s sports that you don’t need to be Anna kournikova to make millions now…

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT