ADVERTISEMENT

Sorta OT - Caitlin Clark

Loyal Coug1

Hall Of Fame
Aug 24, 2022
I like her. A little full of herself, but who wouldn't be. Otherwise a nice little cute wholesome Iowa girl.

Anyway, link below about her NIL deals, including State Farm and Nike. Look forward to seeing her and Jake from State Farm. Maybe Mahomes will join them.

Some are saying she should come back for an eligible 5th year (Covid), that she will make way more from NIL. Others say no, you can get both salary and NIL. I say yes take the extra year. IMHO, once she hits the WNBA she will be good, but not a superstar. So the NIL will likely drizzle away. Just my opinion, which of course is 99% spot on in all matters. Sports, politics, girls, etc. :)

And edit - interesting info about how she sells out opposing gyms.

I like Clark to. She's a bit like Steph Curry in terms of the crazy shooting. Only 12 in the WNBA. That's pretty concentrated.

Feel like she probably goes. What's left to prove? How much of a challenge is college at this point? Agree though, no guarantees your talent translates to the next level. Another year of college NIL would give her a nice cushion.

I like her. A little full of herself, but who wouldn't be. Otherwise a nice little cute wholesome Iowa girl.

Anyway, link below about her NIL deals, including State Farm and Nike. Look forward to seeing her and Jake from State Farm. Maybe Mahomes will join them.

Some are saying she should come back for an eligible 5th year (Covid), that she will make way more from NIL. Others say no, you can get both salary and NIL. I say yes take the extra year. IMHO, once she hits the WNBA she will be good, but not a superstar. So the NIL will likely drizzle away. Just my opinion, which of course is 99% spot on in all matters. Sports, politics, girls, etc. :)

And edit - interesting info about how she sells out opposing gyms.

Why do you think she wouldn't be a superstar? I am guessing she turns pro. Players that good want to challenge themselves. She has done all she can at the college level. To challenge herself and get better, she needs to play against better players.

Why do you think she wouldn't be a superstar? I am guessing she turns pro. Players that good want to challenge themselves. She has done all she can at the college level. To challenge herself and get better, she needs to play against better players.
Suppose I should have said "IMHO". Now I don't watch much WNBA, but enough to notice that these gals are beasts (I don't mean ugly). Caitlin is a slight little thing. I just think she will get beat up. Could be wrong, but lots of great college players were not great in the pros. In BB and FB. And Baseball. Smart players want to make money too. For a one-year scenario, I would rate that a notch above being challenged and get better. Just my opinion, which is 99% correct as we know.

Suppose I should have said "IMHO". Now I don't watch much WNBA, but enough to notice that these gals are beasts (I don't mean ugly). Caitlin is a slight little thing. I just think she will get beat up. Could be wrong, but lots of great college players were not great in the pros. In BB and FB. And Baseball. Smart players want to make money too. For a one-year scenario, I would rate that a notch above being challenged and get better. Just my opinion, which is 99% correct as we know.
You could be right. I don't watch much WNBA either, but I just looked at a few rosters, and she is not slight compared to a lot of other guards. I would also think like most of us after we graduate, she puts on some more weight.

If she turns pro, which I think she will do, she will be the number one pick by Indiana. Indianapolis is less than 500 miles from her hometown of Des Moines. I think that is incentive for her to be relatively close to her family. We shall see.

As mentioned earlier NIL may be a lucrative deal and hard to pass up. Always good to have a few dollars in the bank. WNBA average 2023 pay is $113,000-147,000. Add on sponsorship, commercial deals etc. Not great money for a pro sports, but livable. It is her decision.

As mentioned earlier NIL may be a lucrative deal and hard to pass up. Always good to have a few dollars in the bank. WNBA average 2023 pay is $113,000-147,000. Add on sponsorship, commercial deals etc. Not great money for a pro sports, but livable. It is her decision.
I thought I read where the rookie salary tops out at $76,000. But yeah, her decision of course. Just making conversation.

I thought I read where the rookie salary tops out at $76,000. But yeah, her decision of course. Just making conversation.
It shows just how messed up college sports is currently. When you can make way more money playing for a college than for a professional sports team, then you know thinks are whack.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT