ADVERTISEMENT

Keep in mind the Pac 12 is very strong this year

ATACFD

Team Captain
Sep 9, 2015
Like many others here, I am not happy with the teams weaknesses and some of the coaching decisions which seem to compound these limitations rather than work with them.

However, from top to bottom, this is a loaded conference this year. Despite all our warts, if we were in the big 12, we would be beating most of the teams there.

Our bottom level teams are better than the mid-level teams in any of the other conferences. Cal almost beat USC, Stanford was close with UW, Arizona State should’ve beaten UW last week were it not for the corrupt officials, and now Arizona is ahead of Oregon state.

Yeah, we have issues, but we are playing good teams in actuality. Doesn’t really lessen the sting, but I’m trying to look at it somewhat objectively.

These are good points. At some level, though, I just can't stop thinking about that old saying ... if you look around the room for the chump / mark and can't find him, then it's you. Looking around the conference, if you can't find any truly bad teams ....

No, I don't mean this as serious analysis, and I think your point should be kept in mind. There also is something very wrong with this team, though. Yes, the conference is pretty strong, but UCLA punched them in the mouth and then that 44-6 beatdown at home by Arizona (who, I agree, is pretty good with Fifita at QB) is just unforgivable.

Arizona State barely beat Southern Utah at home, 24-21, for its only win of the year prior to this. Got their asses kicked 29-0 by Fresno in Tempe. At best, ASU is one of the worst teams in the conference. Yes, teams come together, change, and develop, but that can happen negatively, too, where kids quit, coaches lose teams, and things fall apart. Not that hard to see that happening here, where there is all the stuff going on with realignment and a lot of these kids probably are thinking more than they should about where else they might be next year instead of digging in, pulling together, and pushing through this.

Reactions: ATACFD and HCoug
Horse puckee.

There are plenty of very average teams. Some were terrible last year. They didn’t go from awful to decent that fast.

There are plenty of league games for ANY well coached team to win. And I mean just well coached. Im not saying you have to have a ton of talent to win those games.

Even now, WSU could still win enough for a bowl.

The league has a couple good teams at the top. Plenty of average to bad teams in the league.

Cal
Stanford
ASU
UA
CU
WSU

All not amazing. UCLA and Oregon State? Still not amazing.

WSU is not playing good teams.

Horse puckee.

There are plenty of very average teams. Some were terrible last year. They didn’t go from awful to decent that fast.

There are plenty of league games for ANY well coached team to win. And I mean just well coached. Im not saying you have to have a ton of talent to win those games.

Even now, WSU could still win enough for a bowl.

The league has a couple good teams at the top. Plenty of average to bad teams in the league.

Cal
Stanford
ASU
UA
CU
WSU

All not amazing. UCLA and Oregon State? Still not amazing.

WSU is not playing good teams.
You are a dumbass. Cal almost beat USC who was supposed to be the darling of the conference. Stanford damn near beat UW. ASU shoulda beat UW. UA is good. CU while inconsistent immature has nfl talent all over the field. UW while I don’t think is playoff worthy and will lose before the season is over is the highest ranked (Oregon is better) team in the best conference in the country. 3 of the 5 schools here were within a score of them.

This is college football. Rosters turn over and teams improve. You’d understand that if you weren’t coaching junior high powderpuff.

Reactions: ATACFD
You are a dumbass. Cal almost beat USC who was supposed to be the darling of the conference. Stanford damn near beat UW. ASU shoulda beat UW. UA is good. CU while inconsistent immature has nfl talent all over the field. UW while I don’t think is playoff worthy and will lose before the season is over is the highest ranked (Oregon is better) team in the best conference in the country. 3 of the 5 schools here were within a score of them.

This is college football. Rosters turn over and teams improve. You’d understand that if you weren’t coaching junior high powderpuff.
Good is a relative term on this one.

I think the Pac-12 will get rolled in the bigger/upper bowl games

Keep in mind I wasn’t making a black or white argument here like some people do 😀. I am certainly not excusing some of our teams issues. There’s many variables here. And the strength of the Pac 12 this year is some thing that seems fairly well-established. Of course we will see….

It’s pretty obvious that we have guys that are no longer playing as hard as they can. The statement above about thinking about where they will be next year is spot on and as things go south, it will spiral out of control.

I foolishly believed that Dickert had a good enough rapport with the team to stem that tide, but that is obviously not the case.

This is a great conference this year and there is no room for error. As pointed out above, teams evolve during a season. Unfortunately for WSU, Colorado is the only other team that is trending in a negative direction.

I will be surprised to see us win another game as players continue to check out. This isn’t solely on the coaches though and it sucks that we have been dealt the hand we have.

Reactions: ATACFD and 702coug
Keep in mind I wasn’t making a black or white argument here like some people do 😀. I am certainly not excusing some of our teams issues. There’s many variables here. And the strength of the Pac 12 this year is some thing that seems fairly well-established. Of course we will see….

The strength of the league is a media made up story. The media is lying to you for clicks.

The difference I see this year is that the bottom half of the conference is more physical than it’s been in over a decade.

There are a couple that will be fine. The rest, a 6 win team with a losing league record vs another 6 win team with a losing league record… toss a coin.

CU
Stanford
Cal
ASU
UA
WSU

All not great, mostly bad. Half the league! But tell me more about how awesome the league is when half of it sucks lol

Our bad teams are better than your leagues bad teams! hahahahahah

We will see. The pac 12 is doing what the pac 12 does. Beating up on each other. Oregon is the best team in the conference right now and I think can play with anyone. I thought UW could a couple of weeks ago, but I’d trust Oregon against a Georgia or Michigan before UW. UW will get their doors blown off if they meet Oregon in the P12CG.

Reactions: kougkurt
We will see. The pac 12 is doing what the pac 12 does. Beating up on each other. Oregon is the best team in the conference right now and I think can play with anyone. I thought UW could a couple of weeks ago, but I’d trust Oregon against a Georgia or Michigan before UW. UW will get their doors blown off if they meet Oregon in the P12CG.
Oregon has fake defense. They won't stop real teams

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT