ADVERTISEMENT

Kent Ball

ElComanche

Hall Of Fame
Sep 28, 2007
So Kent's team won another PAC 12 ball game last night. Kent has done a great job in infusing his own brand of winning basketball into this year's team. I would like to see a couple of more wins from this team. Needless to say i do not agree with detractors who think that this years recruiting was a bad one. The addition of Valentine , Clark and,Sugg and the others will make for a very competitive and exciting team to watch next year.The others will also have their moments. People cannot seem to grasp that this years team is young and still learning to win. I also see a upset in the Tournament . It has already been a successful year for Kent's team. They ,like all young teams ,play better at home.The great win against ASU was a win over a team who had just beaten a highly ranked Arizona team.Keep it up Ernie,Damn the torpedoes,full speed ahead :)

Probably talking about Robert Franks who is looking more and more legit all the time. He is having a great senior year and his stock has to be rising. Suggs is having a decent year, what King has done so far at the JC level on a last place team scares me a little but you never know the situation.

Franks appears legit but he's listed at 6-7" 210. That's a bit short and length and size for the typical 4 although he's supposed to have good wingspan. He can obviously score at the high school level but who knows in the Pac 12. We will just have to wait and see but maybe he's a late bloomer. If he ends up growing an inch or two he could end up a steal.

King appears raw but he has 3 years of eligibility to develop.

This post was edited on 2/14 4:03 PM by SaveFerris

Originally posted by SaveFerris:
Franks appears legit but he's listed at 6-7" 210. That's a bit short and length and size for the typical 4 although he's supposed to have good wingspan. He can obviously score at the high school level but who knows in the Pac 12. We will just have to wait and see but maybe he's a late bloomer. If he ends up growing an inch or two he could end up a steal.

I think i read somewhere that Franks is still in fact growing and could end up 6-9 or so. Add 10-20 pounds on that frame and he will be a perfect 4

Franks, not Clark, is going to be a good PAC 12 player. He is able to shoot three's and is a very good outside shooter. He has great timing but does not possess great athleticism at this time. However,perhaps weight training and conditioning will work wonders for the kid..One wonders if he can play defense at the three since he shoots well enough to play there. If he grows a couple of inches,he will play the four.He very well may end up as a steal but if not he will be a very capable PAC 12 player who uses intelligence ,great timing and a high motor to play at that level.Kent Ball is the perfect system for him and he will play considerable minutes next year with his ability to shoot threes.

Originally posted by SaveFerris:

Ivory Clark played the four on a very good WSU team an he was only 6'6" and was not a big body.

Originally posted by How_did_this_happen?:
I stood next to him and really question if IC was even much more than 6'4".
There you go. I believe that height is less of an issue in college. If Franks is a legitimate 6'7" that is plenty tall enough.

I hope Franks is a player, grows, fills out and becomes more athletic.

The last 6-7 shooter from the state of Washington (Simon) didn't work out so well at the Pac-12 level. Simon wasn't athletic enough to play defense and really couldn't keep up at the "3" or big/strong enough to play the "4"

There is always hope

From what has been reported on Franks he's not the same kind of athlete as Clark. One way you can get by with less length is if you can make up for it with athleticism or size. Carlos Daniels was one of the better 4's we have seen at WSU over the last 20 years and he didnt top 6-7". On the flip, Cowgill's was a good athlete, good quicks for his length and was able to get away without the size.

Really like his scoring potential but at a light 6-7" I hope he grows a bit.

Correct Save. Ivory Clark was extremely strong to go along with his athleticism. How tall was Jeff Varem? I think he was another 4, but not sure. Franks doesn't really need to grow taller if he can just bulk up a bit with muscle. Clark & Varem were explosive, that's a quality that would be nice to have in a 4.

Franks is the one recruit in this upcoming class I can get excited about at this point. The others, not so much, but you never know. The following year's recruiting class is going to be pivotal for Ernie and he's going to need to do more than recruit what appears to be JCs that other high majors aren't looking at.

Glad Cougar

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT