ADVERTISEMENT

Kent has four scholarships to work with

britton ransford

Hall Of Fame
Oct 23, 2012
With Royce Woolridge and James Hunter set to transfer and Moberly Area (Mo.) C.C. signee Jermaine Morgan released from his National Letter of Intent, new Washington State coach Ernie Kent will have four scholarships open for the 2014-15 season.

There has been no word on the status of signee Tramaine Isabell, though the local guard prospect was in Pullman over the weekend visiting with the staff. There has been no indication, at least yet, that Isabell is seeking to be released from his NLI. Isabell counts toward the five open scholarships in the 2014 class.

The second signing period in the 2014 class opens tomorrow, so you can expect the Washington State staff to be busy over the next couple weeks. We shared this story on two early targets for the new staff late last week.

This post was edited on 4/15 2:51 PM by Britton Ransford

Originally posted by gazooks2:
Excellent,this gives Kent the chance to bring in some better players for next year
This is definitely the best for all involved. Hunter and Woolridge will have their degrees soon and can continue playing at a level where they likely will succeed. Morgan's JC stats hardly suggest he is the kind of player who can help reverse the 14-43 conference record of the last three years. I said awhile ago that I wouldn't be surprised to see two to five players exit the program. I am a bit surprised Woolridge is one of them, not that I think he really fits what Kent wishes to do.

Originally posted by gazooks2:
Excellent,this gives Kent the chance to bring in some better players for next year
Yes.

We'll soon see if Kent has his old recruiting magic.

I am excited to see who he reels in.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT