ADVERTISEMENT

Kingsbury

Loyal Coug

Hall Of Fame
Sep 27, 2003
Explain to me why a just-fired College coach with almost no NFL playing experience and no NFL coaching experience is such a hot NFL HC prospect? His claim to fame appears to be that he coached several NFL Qb's. Although Manziel is not a good NFL reference, and Mayfield left TT. I do not understand.

And what if he doesn't get one? Does he still have a job at USC, which said "no" to NFL teams interviewing him?

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...ury-interview-multiple-nfl-head-coaching-jobs

Explain to me why a just-fired College coach with almost no NFL playing experience and no NFL coaching experience is such a hot NFL HC prospect? His claim to fame appears to be that he coached several NFL Qb's. Although Manziel is not a good NFL reference, and Mayfield left TT. I do not understand.

And what if he doesn't get one? Does he still have a job at USC, which said "no" to NFL teams interviewing him?

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...ury-interview-multiple-nfl-head-coaching-jobs

He’s still got however many millions of dollars that Texh owes him.

What I don't understand is how colleges can block it. Yes, he just signed a contract to work for them, but shouldn't it be up to him to decide what offers he's interested in?

Seriously, if I just went to work for Best Buy last week, and today Microsoft called and wanted to talk to me....I'm taking the call. If my manager at Best Buy said no, they can't talk to me....I'm probably quitting anyway, and I'm looking into legal options too.

It’s the McVay effect. Most of the teams looking for coach sucked on offense so hoping to strike gold with that young innovative offensive mind.

Reactions: WASH ST A&M FAN
What I don't understand is how colleges can block it. Yes, he just signed a contract to work for them, but shouldn't it be up to him to decide what offers he's interested in?

Seriously, if I just went to work for Best Buy last week, and today Microsoft called and wanted to talk to me....I'm taking the call. If my manager at Best Buy said no, they can't talk to me....I'm probably quitting anyway, and I'm looking into legal options too.

I don’t think the colleges are blocking anything. I believe there is a NFL rule about obtaining permission before interviewing.

How many times do Norv Turner and Wade Phillips need to prove they’re not head coaches?

I don’t think the colleges are blocking anything. I believe there is a NFL rule about obtaining permission before interviewing.
Correct.

They asked and USC said no. Someone else was asking and got denied too, situation escapes me at the moment though.

I believe asking permission was a courtesy.

He knows the air raid offense. The NFL is headed that direction. He has a strong rep in the industry as knowing the offense. There are teams that will look past his success or lack of at TT.

Edit: My Failed!

Last edited:
If Kingsbury is out at SC, that just adds to the chaos in that program.

He’s a personable guy, played in NE and had a good reputation. Also a Leach disciple with head coaching experience of his own. Coaching circles are tight. Word gets out when there are up and coming young offensive minds.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT