ADVERTISEMENT

LB Peyton Pelluer granted 6th year of eligibility by NCAA

With the experience gained by some of the freshmen LBs last year, Pelluer will help make it a solid unit. Excellent news.

Glad Cougar

Wow! That IS great news! Love this kid! He is a tackling machine! Good to hear it peyton!!

A difference-maker!

Honorable-mention All-Pac-12 in 2016 + 34 career starts on his resume.

Thought he might dip his toes in the NFL water this winter, but sounds like Peyton wants to make one final push for a Pac-12 ring.

A difference-maker!

Honorable-mention All-Pac-12 in 2016 + 34 career starts on his resume.

Thought he might dip his toes in the NFL water this winter, but sounds like Peyton wants to make one final push for a Pac-12 ring.

I don't think he has the speed to play in the NFL.

Reactions: Whitworth-Coug
Wow! I'm happy as hell but frankly I'm also pretty shocked.
Must have caught the NCAA on a good day.

I don't think he has the speed to play in the NFL.

I was thinking maybe Peyton could be a first- and -second down inside linebacker type, the prototypical coach on the field.

Maybe play on a couple special teams here and there, too,

I'm certainly no talent scout.

I just like those throwback players with the great intangibles.

Reactions: froropmkr72
Well , i hope he delivers what Coach Wilson thinks he can. Somehow "a step too slow" may not be the savior ,people think he will be.

Is there any possibility Pelleur takes the grad transfer route and plays somewhere else for his 6th year?

Not a chance in hell. He would have to go elsewhere and prove himself. He has a starting position sewed up with the cougs once he steps on the field.

Reactions: froropmkr72
Is there any possibility Pelleur takes the grad transfer route and plays somewhere else for his 6th year?

Let’s hope not, although you’d think he’d have plenty of suitors based on his college career to this point.

Sounds like Coach Wilson is already counting on Peyton to anchor the Cougar Defense in 2018.

Pretty sure this is the stupidest sentence I have read on this board - ever. Well, ok maybe in the last year. Or month. Ehh, week.

Ok this is the stupidest sentence I have read on this board today. 4th generation Pelleur. Geezus.

His brother went to UW.

Just throwing it out there. Nothing surprises me any more. Nothing.

Wow! I'm happy as hell but frankly I'm also pretty shocked.
Must have caught the NCAA on a good day.
You’re not alone. I remenber when talk of this came up before several posters said 0% chance. It wasn’t likely but there was always a chance. Will be good to have him back, defense gonna need to be lights out again this year.

Reactions: 79COUG
Yeah. Pelleur... the kid we all are proud to say his whole family played Cougar Football? 3 generations worth? The dude that bleeds Crimson & Gray?

While I understand that nothing surprises anyone in today's world, I've got to think this is a close a sure thing as it can be. No way he goes anywhere else.

Well , i hope he delivers what Coach Wilson thinks he can. Somehow "a step too slow" may not be the savior ,people think he will be.
Don't know that anyone is calling him a savior, but he's a pretty effective inside linebacker with a ton of experience. Certainly like having another coach on the field during games. With him and Woods on the inside, I'm feeling pretty good. Really, I can't see any downside with Pelluer coming back next season.

Glad Cougar

Reactions: cr8zyncalif
The kid is a tackling machine and will only make this defense better, with his skill and experience.

Don't know that anyone is calling him a savior, but he's a pretty effective inside linebacker with a ton of experience. Certainly like having another coach on the field during games. With him and Woods on the inside, I'm feeling pretty good. Really, I can't see any downside with Pelluer coming back next season.

Glad Cougar
Woods or Rodgers

Any time you are limited in terms of the quantity of big D tackles on the roster, it is nice to have a true MLB available. I'm sure our new D coordinator will find a use for him, and be thankful that he is available.

You’re not alone. I remenber when talk of this came up before several posters said 0% chance. It wasn’t likely but there was always a chance. Will be good to have him back, defense gonna need to be lights out again this year.

I know...some said there was absolutely no chance he'd get another year. Zero. None. Zilch.

Funny.

Yeah. Pelleur... the kid we all are proud to say his whole family played Cougar Football? 3 generations worth? The dude that bleeds Crimson & Gray?

While I understand that nothing surprises anyone in today's world, I've got to think this is a close a sure thing as it can be. No way he goes anywhere else.

4th generation Coug, not 3rd.

His brother went to UW.

Just throwing it out there. Nothing surprises me any more. Nothing.

You do realize that Wilson has been using him as a coach, right? Not only is he a loyal Coug, he’s going to get his first coaching stint at WSU as a Garduate Assistant once he completes his NFL shot. He’s not going anywhere.

Really good news. We have a number of promising kids at LB but are somewhat short on long term experience and on-field guidance. Peyton gives us that and will be a boon to the younger linebackers. RichRod played the younger LBs like a violin last year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT