ADVERTISEMENT

Leach’s record

Isnt that what was said when Shelton, Peters and the like left? The gap has increased not the other way around in terms of margin of loss against them.

uw is in a sweet spot where it is enjoying Sarkisian’s recruiting and Petersen’s development. Gaines is a good DT, but he’s nowhere near Shelton or Vea.

The coug s O Line would look much better if they had a coach who knew what was going on during the game. Anyone can read textbooks and go to coaching clinics to try and learn one s job. Hell for the price of a few beers.

Was Falk coaching the OL too?

Perhaps leach will hire him after a short lived NFL career?. Hell he will be able to buy and hoist a few with CML.

Last edited:
A more mobile QB would help. But mostly UW stopping this crazy run they are on with 5 or 6 low round NFL players on Defense. Once that Nose Guard leaves, I think they will start looking more normal. A good to great defense but not at the level they have had the last few years.

A mobile QB would vastly improve the Air Raid against most defenses, including the UW's. Of course, Chris Ball might be whispering something different in Erictile's ear...

Leach runs a 7 on 7 offense in an 11 on 11 game.

When they switch to flags and no pads, he will dominate.

Leach gets a lot out of his teams. There are the occasional games where we show up unready to play, yes. Very few coaches manage to avoid that. And there are specific things that many wish he would change...in my case, starting with making sure that he has a kicker secured each year, even if that means a couple of scholarships out of the 85.

Many look at our bowl record as a failure, but another way to look at it is evidence of our over-achievement during the regular season. I suspect that there are some elements of each.

Leach gets a lot out of his teams. There are the occasional games where we show up unready to play, yes. Very few coaches manage to avoid that. And there are specific things that many wish he would change...in my case, starting with making sure that he has a kicker secured each year, even if that means a couple of scholarships out of the 85.

Many look at our bowl record as a failure, but another way to look at it is evidence of our over-achievement during the regular season. I suspect that there are some elements of each.

It is not just over achievement. It is underachievement as well. In the same season. How do you reach your full potential when you beat a team that didn't offer a scholarship to anyone on your team, then lose to a team that has 25 fewer scholarships to offer then you do?

Im not frustrated with 9 wins. Im frustrated that there was meat left on the bone. Im frustrated that something that could be really awesome was again left swinging in the wind.

If WSU beats UA and Cal, what's the talk going into the Apple Cup?

It's not just 9 wins. It's how close WSU is to being a conference power and playoff contender and falling short. You only get so many shots. WSU has pissed them all away.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT