ADVERTISEMENT

Leach open to position switch for RB

MikeFingLeach

Team Captain
Jul 16, 2012
From Thorpe's article in the Spokesman:

It’s dependent on camp. Those guys are going to have to fight, and claw and scratch to get to the top because we don’t have enough reps for four running backs. And they’re all great athletes and great players. You know, they’re going to have to fight it out … and we need to see if we can’t carve out roles, whether it’s more expanded roles on special teams or maybe even potentially a receiver role, but we’ll just have to see how it unfolds.

Leach went on to say this is the best backfield he's ever coached. With Priester's departure, it wouldn't shock me to see Morrow or Harrington take some snaps at slot. Wicks and Williams would be shock and awe at RB.

Leach seems relaxed and genuinely fired up about his team. I dig it.

Reactions: Mariner_Rick
From Thorpe's article in the Spokesman:

It’s dependent on camp. Those guys are going to have to fight, and claw and scratch to get to the top because we don’t have enough reps for four running backs. And they’re all great athletes and great players. You know, they’re going to have to fight it out … and we need to see if we can’t carve out roles, whether it’s more expanded roles on special teams or maybe even potentially a receiver role, but we’ll just have to see how it unfolds.

Leach went on to say this is the best backfield he's ever coached. With Priester's departure, it wouldn't shock me to see Morrow or Harrington take some snaps at slot. Wicks and Williams would be shock and awe at RB.

Leach seems relaxed and genuinely fired up about his team. I dig it.

Pollyanna ...

I could see Harrington seeing time at slot, particularly if he continues to have trouble hanging onto the football.

Queue the president of the Keith Harrington fan club, mikalakas. He's going to be pissed at the suggestion. Harrington is the second coming of Barry Sanders.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT