ADVERTISEMENT

Lights were too bright

7ICoug

Hall Of Fame
Jan 30, 2003
Not unexpected but in my opinion the lights were too bright for the team in this one. They were anything but relaxed and loose. Bad defense and bad shot selection. Comes with having a team that hasn't gotten this far in a long time.

I look foward to the Pac12 Tournament where there will be far less shine.

Reactions: 79COUG
Sometimes, the other team wins. UW shot lights out. That certainly didn’t help either.

Still proud of this team!

Sometimes, the other team wins. UW shot lights out. That certainly didn’t help either.

Still proud of this team!
Im not sure I’d say that about this game. We outplayed them in every facet of the game with the exception of putting the ball through the hoop. I never thought I’d see this team shoot like that…at home. Just like ASU, one you need to flush and move on. Tape ain’t gonna tell you much. “Hey guys, shoot better…”

Hopefully they got that stinker out of their system and reversion to the mean happens in a big way during the tourneys.

We shot 47% from the line and 17% from 3. Obviously horrible, but hopefully out of their system.

Looks like if the current standings hold we will have a rematch in Vegas

Im not sure I’d say that about this game. We outplayed them in every facet of the game with the exception of putting the ball through the hoop. I never thought I’d see this team shoot like that…at home. Just like ASU, one you need to flush and move on. Tape ain’t gonna tell you much. “Hey guys, shoot better…”

Hopefully they got that stinker out of their system and reversion to the mean happens in a big way during the tourneys.
You guys are kinder than me. Shooting? Yeah. Wells 1-10 from 3? Rice sucked. Missing 2 FT's late when it still mattered? Jones? 9-17, 20 points sounds good, but how many bunnies did he miss? And 2-8 at the line? Other than Cluff and Watts, we sucked all the way down the line.

Beyond shooting, how many wide open 3 attempts did we give them? And how many times did they slice right through our defense foot layups or bunnies at the rim? I already bitched about coach playing Jaki. He should not have been in there at all, let alone 30 minutes.

Just really disappointed. And 9,300 fans was a little surprising (not in a good way).

Looks like if the current standings hold we will have a rematch in Vegas
How can you tell? There are 6 teams within a game of each other going into tomorrow's final games. UW is one of them. And then I have no idea who UW will have to play on the first day let alone who would be expected to win. I am glad the Cougs get a bye, at least. As to who WSU will play in their first game? It could be anybody but OSU and, of course, the other top 4 teams– Arizona, Colorado, Oregon.

Glad Cougar

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT