ADVERTISEMENT

Luke Falk

Coug95man2

Hall Of Fame
Dec 7, 2011
has won the Fan Vote for the Burlsworth Trophy... and he's second string Pac-12... what a joke.

And he's still a finalist for the actual award, which will be this weekend. He's up against:

Austin Carr, WR for Northwestern
Baker Mayfield, QB for Okie (winner from last year)

Falk has a very good chance, IMHO.

I don't think Falk being Pac-12 2nd team is a joke. He's a great player, but there are other great players in the league as well.

I don't think Falk being Pac-12 2nd team is a joke. He's a great player, but there are other great players in the league as well.
I'm personally not a Browning fan but UW was the best team in the league. So I see why he was picked 1st team. I wouldn't think of trading him for Falk and like Darnold a lot more as well.

Reactions: earldacoug
I'm personally not a Browning fan but UW was the best team in the league. So I see why he was picked 1st team. I wouldn't think of trading him for Falk and like Darnold a lot more as well.

Crimson colored glasses aside, I wasn't insanely impressed with Browning this season. Did he make the leap he needed to for them to win 10 games? Yes. He's good. Did I think he's the Offensive Player of the year? No.

Reactions: earldacoug
Crimson colored glasses aside, I wasn't insanely impressed with Browning this season. Did he make the leap he needed to for them to win 10 games? Yes. He's good. Did I think he's the Offensive Player of the year? No.
He's good but benefited from the talent around him. From what I saw he didn't raise the level of the rest of team. He's a game manager at this point and Offensive Player of the Year seems like a stretch.

Browning did several things this year that were of benefit to UW and will likely move him to being a Sunday player (although he will probably be a Sunday back-up for several years first). First, he improved his touch. It was so improved this year that the lower half of his WR staff actually did pretty well...and that was on him, not them. The upper half of his WR staff did well because they are decent receivers, and Ross is the best player on the team. As a side note, how long has it been (if ever) that WSU and UW both did well and the best player on the team for both was a WR?

I think Browning's biggest improvement this year was in field vision. Touch is important, but knowing where you are trying to put the ball is even more important.

Finally, he also made strides in terms of game management, including management of himself. Not a lot of bad decisions.

At this point I think Goff was better at the end of last season than Browning is now, but not by a huge margin. If Goff had the supporting cast last year that Browning had this year, Goff would have looked better. And I'm not sure that Browning could have done nearly as well if he was working with what Goff had last year.

None the less, Browning progressed farther this season than I expected, and he deserves congratulations.

Falk also did well. I give him a lot of credit for our win streak. Unfortunately, when the WR's decide not to catch the ball and the D gets complacent, there isn't much that he is capable of doing to salvage the situation. I hope he is back next year; then we will see what he can really do.

None the less, Browning progressed farther this season than I expected, and he deserves congratulations./QUOTE]

Going into the season, Browning was UW's X-factor. If he made "the jump" or "next step" I thought they would go from 7-8 wins to 10+ wins. Their D alone would get them 6. He did - and cr8zy said it - field vision improved rapidly. The game slowed down for him.

As a single player (meaning WSU's "W" column isn't a factor nor any other players performance), what does Falk have to do to start having this same kind of conversation with his name in place of Browning?

As a single player (meaning WSU's "W" column isn't a factor nor any other players performance), what does Falk have to do to start having this same kind of conversation with his name in place of Browning?
Stop running out of bounds for -3 yards instead of throwing the ball away? It happened more than once.

But seriously, there is no eliminating the power of the "W". Just look at the Heisman, or any other national award. Name me another 1900 yd back with the Ghost's numbers who doesn't landslide the Heisman trophy voting, IF they play for a 10 win team.

Stats broken out via sports-reference.com

Class G Cmp Att Pct Yds Y/A AY/A TD Int Rate
Falk: JR 12 413 582 71.0 4204 7.2 7.7 37 10 149.2
Browning: SO 12 214 329 65.0 3162 9.6 11.1 40 7 181.6

As BleedC&G stated above, "W's" will always matter. UW will most likely always get the benefit of the doubt from the media (like they have with the past of "this is our year!" noise).

Luke would have to lead the Cougs into the CFP and dominate to get that Heisman talk, most likely to gain that conversation to national pundits.

Browning did several things this year that were of benefit to UW and will likely move him to being a Sunday player (although he will probably be a Sunday back-up for several years first). First, he improved his touch. It was so improved this year that the lower half of his WR staff actually did pretty well...and that was on him, not them. The upper half of his WR staff did well because they are decent receivers, and Ross is the best player on the team. As a side note, how long has it been (if ever) that WSU and UW both did well and the best player on the team for both was a WR?

I think Browning's biggest improvement this year was in field vision. Touch is important, but knowing where you are trying to put the ball is even more important.

Finally, he also made strides in terms of game management, including management of himself. Not a lot of bad decisions.

At this point I think Goff was better at the end of last season than Browning is now, but not by a huge margin. If Goff had the supporting cast last year that Browning had this year, Goff would have looked better. And I'm not sure that Browning could have done nearly as well if he was working with what Goff had last year.

None the less, Browning progressed farther this season than I expected, and he deserves congratulations.

Falk also did well. I give him a lot of credit for our win streak. Unfortunately, when the WR's decide not to catch the ball and the D gets complacent, there isn't much that he is capable of doing to salvage the situation. I hope he is back next year; then we will see what he can really do.
Just wondering but in terms of who you want how would you order Falk, Darnold, Rosen, and Browning?

After that last circus play, its definitely NOT Browning.

Geezus, why do the football Gods love the fcking mutts so much.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT