ADVERTISEMENT

Marcellus Pippins-Boss up!!!

CaliTrojan4Life

Varsity
Mar 3, 2012
DF-7YMbXoAAk9WS.jpg

Pippins low passer rating simply put is the reason why opposing QB's don't target him. His vision and instincts makes it hard on the opposing QB's. Man lie, woman lie, numbers don't lie.

Last edited:
I do wonder about that site. According to them, WSU has 4 of the 5 best players in the league and now we have one of the best DB's? I like what they are cooking up, but subjectively, it seems fishy. Of course, Pippins does get extra credit for the game winning touchdown in the Holiday Bowl?
No the Holiday Bowl was lost because the offense couldn't buy a score. That said, Pippins gets extra credit for winning the Sun Bowl on his game winning fumble recovery. @1:26:

As D Gib pictorialized, somebody is stirring the pot.
No Gib stirred the pot years ago. He didn't know what Wuzzu had in the young man. Not his fault, he's only known the young man from afar. And as cr8zy as it may sound no one here has yet to see the best of Pippins in a Cougars uni. He's been a started for the past 2 years but you would think he's been a back up player during that time. Never was the "chosen one" but never let that stop him from making play after play for his teammates and fans. Could you imagine what his numbers would look like if he wasn't pulled every three series which has to mess with his psyche. Smh

No the Holiday Bowl was lost because the offense couldn't buy a score. That said, Pippins gets extra credit for winning the Sun Bowl on his game winning fumble recovery. @1:26:

FWIW, I actually like Pippins overall. He's a decent CB and was clearly superior to Molton who was targeted mercilessly. That said, his lack of awareness on that play in the endzone was the nail in the coffin for our pathetic performance in the Holiday Bowl. He's just a dumb kid and it could have happened to anyone, but I hope he learned a lesson in situational awareness for the next time he jumps in the air in the endzone.

You need to watch the "Hot....Not Hot" scene from Hall Pass (an otherwise terrible movie) when you think about Pippins. When compared to other WSU cornerbacks (Molton in particular), Pippins looks like an NFL player. When you focus in tight and watch him play, he's just a decent college corner. I'm glad to have him, but you can write it down right now......he is not going to get drafted.

Last edited:
He's a nice bench player for us.
Thats the thing.

Dude seems to think Pippins is the second coming of Tru. I remember watching Trufant as a freshman and you just KNEW he was something special. By the time he was a Soph, he was lock down on EVERY play, and the plays he wasn't targeted (which became fewer and fewer) he was in on the tackle, no matter where the play was.

While Pippens has shown flashes, he still gets lost on some plays, for whatever reason. I'm not watching his tape, so I can't pinpoint the reason why, but he still needs to show more, imho, whether it be run support or whatever.

FWIW, I actually like Pippins overall. He's a decent CB and was clearly superior to Molton who was targeted mercilessly. That said, his lack of awareness on that play in the endzone was the nail in the coffin for our pathetic performance in the Sun Bowl. He's just a dumb kid and it could have happened to anyone, but I hope he learned a lesson in situational awareness for the next time he jumps in the air in the endzone.

You need to watch the "Hot....Not Hot" scene from Hall Pass (an otherwise terrible movie) when you think about Pippins. When compared to other WSU cornerbacks (Molton in particular), Pippins looks like an NFL player. When you focus in tight and watch him play, he's just a decent college corner. I'm glad to have him, but you can write it down right now......he is not going to get drafted.
You just said a mouth full and none of it made any sense whatsoever. "Lack of awareness". Let's break this use of wording down. According to Prezi, "Lack of awareness" is defined as the failure to be alert, vigilant or observant in the surrounding or in the job itself. Firstly, had Pippins not been alert he would not have came off his man to go for the pick-6. Secondly, had Pippins gotten the pick-6 you would either be mute right now or saying he was given a gift. Thirdly, had Pippins not been vigilant or observant he would have not jumped the ball in play. The ball was just as much he's as it was the running back coming out of the backfield. Once again, had Pippins not stumbled out of his break on the ball he would have picked it easily. Those of us that know football and know the CB position well know Pippins made a great play on the ball. Folks like you are too "dumb" to know that. And btw, you're lower then the scum on the earth for calling a kid dumb in the first place.

Now it's shocking to me when I see a WSU fan like yourself disrespect the student athletes that play for the University. That said, I'm sure Molton's family doesn't take kindly of the way you've disrespected his play in this post but I'm sure that doesn't bother you.

Fyi, Malcolm Butler didn't get drafted and he made a game saving pick in the Super Bowl. Basically, the kid won the SB for the Pats. So maybe you should be quiet for a while and let the chips fall where they may before you end up looking like a total azzclown.

Pippins stumbled out of his break on the ball. Had he not he would have picked it. Film don't lie:

You just said a mouth full and none of it made any sense whatsoever. "Lack of awareness". Let's break this use of wording down. According to Prezi, "Lack of awareness" is defined as the failure to be alert, vigilant or observant in the surrounding or in the job itself. Firstly, had Pippins not been alert he would not have came off his man to go for the pick-6. Secondly, had Pippins gotten the pick-6 you would either be mute right now or saying he was given a gift. Thirdly, had Pippins not been vigilant or observant he would have not jumped the ball in play. The ball was just as much he's as it was the running back coming out of the backfield. Once again, had Pippins not stumbled out of his break on the ball he would have picked it easily. Those of us that know football and know the CB position well know Pippins made a great play on the ball. Folks like you are too "dumb" to know that. And btw, you're lower then the scum on the earth for calling a kid dumb in the first place.

Now it's shocking to me when I see a WSU fan like yourself disrespect the student athletes that play for the University. That said, I'm sure Molton's family doesn't take kindly of the way you've disrespected his play in this post but I'm sure that doesn't bother you.

Fyi, Malcolm Butler didn't get drafted and he made a game saving pick in the Super Bowl. Basically, the kid won the SB for the Pats. So maybe you should be quiet for a while and let the chips fall where they may before you end up looking like a total azzclown.

Pippins stumbled out of his break on the ball. Had he not he would have picked it. Film don't lie:

Do you really think that Pippins made a great play? He made a good read and knew that the QB was throwing that way and he deserves credit for that. If Pippins had made the interception.....I would have congratulated him on the good read and a great play. He didn't. Instead he tipped a poorly thrown ball that was being thrown away right into the hands of the opposing receiver. The lack of awareness is his failure to be aware of the position of the receiver in relation to him and his failure to realize that he couldn't safely make the pick. If you aren't going up with two hands to catch a ball, you send that ball out of bounds.....not into the hands of the guy in the jersey of a different color that's right in front of you. It's not a good play to tip the ball around in traffic. If Minnesota's OC was a better play caller, he would have had his QB do a pump fake and then throw the TD to the wide open receiver in the middle of the endzone that Pippins had abandoned. Pippin's job on that play was to cover #88, not tip the ball to #23. Again, the receiver he went to cover was already double covered.

As far as making excuses for him stumbling.......just another reason that he's a good college DB and not destined for the NFL. A great DB (think Charles Woodson) would have made that interception. I know because I watched Woodson do that in person at the Rose Bowl in 1998. As I said, Pippins is a decent cornerback, but there's a reason that he didn't make even the honorable mention list for All Pac-12 last year.

As far as Molton goes..........I really don't care what him and his family think about me bashing on him. If he doesn't want people bashing him, he needs to be better. It is not a compliment to a cornerback when he makes 71 tackles in a season. Molton was our biggest liability on defense in 2016 and everyone knew it. I hope that he studies film, works his ass off in the off-season and plays like an All American this year. If he plays like he did in 2016, I hope we have a better option out there.

As for the "dumb kid" thing.....you need to unknot your panties. It's a figure of speech and that's all. We were all dumb kids at some point.

Reactions: CPtheCoug
Thats the thing.

Dude seems to think Pippins is the second coming of Tru. I remember watching Trufant as a freshman and you just KNEW he was something special. By the time he was a Soph, he was lock down on EVERY play, and the plays he wasn't targeted (which became fewer and fewer) he was in on the tackle, no matter where the play was.

While Pippens has shown flashes, he still gets lost on some plays, for whatever reason. I'm not watching his tape, so I can't pinpoint the reason why, but he still needs to show more, imho, whether it be run support or whatever.
No, I never said such a thing. Marcus was a helluva CB in his day and so was Lamont Thompson. That said, if you can't pinpoint the flaws of a player why mention it? I can talk about the flaws of every CB that played the game but that's not the point here. The point is Pippins has been a solid CB for Wazzu with very limited time. Basically, had he been given the luxury to play every down as another CB on the squad you might have a different opinion of the young man's play.

I've seen the kid in championship games on the HS level and he stepped up big every time no matter the importance of a game. For instance, In a big time playoff game against Marin Catholic HS, Pippins picked then NFL 1st pick in the 2016 NFL draft Jared Goff and he also picked him as a Cougar CB. Imagine what this kid could do if he had more reps in game time for the Cougars. He'll go down as one of the best Wazzu's CB doing more with less. He'll be in the record books with Barber on the blocked field goal attempt against Idaho. Idaho was moving the ball on Wazzu's front four like they were Stanford. That play by Barber and Pippins sparked the Wazzu season last year. In a hundred years of your school existence this was the first field goal block for a TD. End of story.

Lastly, Trufant had 11 career int's as a Cougar and he started every game for four years (from freshman to his senior year). Trufant didn't allow a single TD against him in his last two years at Wazzu. All facts.

On the other hand, Pippins hasn't given up a TD to a WR since Oct 3rd 2015 his sophomore season. That's almost two years of not having anyone score on him. He was already showing the skills of a lock down CB in his freshman year when he locked down ASU 3rd round draft pick Jalen Strong. Pippins has 6 picks in his last two seasons. He hasn't been on the field nearly as much as Trufant and he has half the picks he has. Pippins is doing this in more of a pass happy league then when Trufant played at Wazzu. All facts. And this was not a post to discredit Marcus in any way or fashion.

And I believe Pippins will go down as one of your best CB that's done more with less. And he has an opportunity to go to three bowl games with Wazzu which is unheard of. You have 13 bowl games under your belt as a program and he could easily be apart of three straight bowls games with the University. Smgdh. SC has over 50 bowl games under their belt. You can take it how ever you want to my friend but numbers don't lie.

Last edited:
Do you really think that Pippins made a great play? He made a good read and knew that the QB was throwing that way and he deserves credit for that. If Pippins had made the interception.....I would have congratulated him on the good read and a great play. He didn't. Instead he tipped a poorly thrown ball that was being thrown away right into the hands of the opposing receiver. The lack of awareness is his failure to be aware of the position of the receiver in relation to him and his failure to realize that he couldn't safely make the pick. If you aren't going up with two hands to catch a ball, you send that ball out of bounds.....not into the hands of the guy in the jersey of a different color that's right in front of you. It's not a good play to tip the ball around in traffic. If Minnesota's OC was a better play caller, he would have had his QB do a pump fake and then throw the TD to the wide open receiver in the middle of the endzone that Pippins had abandoned. Pippin's job on that play was to cover #88, not tip the ball to #23. Again, the receiver he went to cover was already double covered.

As far as making excuses for him stumbling.......just another reason that he's a good college DB and not destined for the NFL. A great DB (think Charles Woodson) would have made that interception. I know because I watched Woodson do that in person at the Rose Bowl in 1998. As I said, Pippins is a decent cornerback, but there's a reason that he didn't make even the honorable mention list for All Pac-12 last year.

As far as Molton goes..........I really don't care what him and his family think about me bashing on him. If he doesn't want people bashing him, he needs to be better. It is not a compliment to a cornerback when he makes 71 tackles in a season. Molton was our biggest liability on defense in 2016 and everyone knew it. I hope that he studies film, works his ass off in the off-season and plays like an All American this year. If he plays like he did in 2016, I hope we have a better option out there.

As for the "dumb kid" thing.....you need to unknot your panties. It's a figure of speech and that's all. We were all dumb kids at some point.
I'm going to make this short and sweet. First of all, I'll take the comparison with a Heisman trophy winner all day long. Secondly, you say it's not a good play to tip the ball around in traffic. Every coach under the sun will disagree with you on this. If you don't know coaches teaches and practices tip drill as a EDD in practice. They encourage to tip the ball because the odds are in the defense favor to catch the tip ball. Reason why, there are usually at most three or four receivers going out on routes while there is usually seven defenders covering them. So I don't know if you are playing or you're ignorant to that fact. Thirdly, Pippins didn't go over to cover the RB he went to pick the ball as any solid CB would do in that situation. Lastly, have a good day and hope Wazzu has a great season and win their bowl game.

Last edited:
My mind fails me again but weren't we ahead at that time? We didn't need a pick, just an incompletion. Knock the ball down into the dirt not up for anyone to get it.

A bit of pot-stirring during the doldrums of football is a good thing. Gives us something to discuss while waiting for the real thing to start.

I won't argue with others regarding Pippin's abilities. He may not be the hottest DB since Marcus T. but he is a competent and adequate DB at the least. Maybe better than that but not less. If we have two better corners then, fine, he is a backup and we are pretty well set at that position. He was generally decent last year and, unless he has put his brain into neutral, should be even better this year. Grinch has been busily upgrading our DBs and Pippins is part of that.

I'm going to make this short and sweet. First of all, I'll take the comparison with a Heisman trophy winner all day long. Secondly, you say it's not a good play to tip the ball around in traffic. Every coach under the sun will disagree with you on this. If you don't know coaches teaches and practices tip drill as a EDD in practice. They encourage to tip the ball because the odds are in the defense favor to catch the tip ball. Reason why, there are usually at most three or four receivers going out on routes while there is usually seven defenders covering them. So I don't know if you are playing or you're ignorant to that fact. Thirdly, Pippins didn't go over to cover the RB he went to pick the ball as any solid CB would do in that situation. Lastly, have a good day and hope Wazzu has a great season and win their bowl game.

Dude.....a tip drill is where you teach a defensive back to react to a tipped ball.....not tip the ball yourself. If you watch a tip drill, the point is that the receiver often fails to make the catch and the DB needs to be aware of those situations and react instinctively to it. When I played football in high school, we were definitely not taught to try and tip balls to our defensive teammates as a defensive technique.

Next, the targeted receiver was already double covered and Pippins left his man. Again, a good pump fake and the TD would have been to #88 standing flat footed and uncovered in the middle of the endzone.

Pippins did make a good break on the pass and it was a good read. Everything after that was a failure on his part that cost us a touchdown. It doesn't matter if a linebacker makes a good read on a running back and meets him at the LOS if he gets juked out of his shoes and gives up a 30 yard TD.

I want to finish up that I am glad that we have Pippins back. He is a big upgrade over some of the defensive backs that we've had in the recent past. That said, merely being better than Molton doesn't make him a surefire future NFL guy.

Last edited:
Let's see you guys put some money on the table on where Pippens gets drafted. Money talks.
I'll be happy to hold the cash in escrow for the betting parties. :)

Dude.....a tip drill is where you teach a defensive back to react to a tipped ball.....not tip the ball yourself. If you watch a tip drill, the point is that the receiver often fails to make the catch and the DB needs to be aware of those situations and react instinctively to it. When I played football in high school, we were definitely not taught to try and tip balls to our defensive teammates as a defensive technique.

Next, the targeted receiver was already double covered and Pippins left his man. Again, a good pump fake and the TD would have been to #88 standing flat footed and uncovered in the middle of the endzone.

Pippins did make a good break on the pass and it was a good read. Everything after that was a failure on his part that cost us a touchdown. It doesn't matter if a linebacker makes a good read on a running back and meets him at the LOS if he gets juked out of his shoes and gives up a 30 yard TD.

I want to finish up that I am glad that we have Pippins back. He is a big upgrade over some of the defensive backs that we've had in the recent past. That said, merely being better than Molton doesn't make him a surefire future NFL guy.

Flat they never knock the ball down. e

Flat...they all try to make a play on the ball. I cant tell you last time I have seen a ball that could be picked where the db simply knocked the ball down. How many time have you seen on third and long or even 4th where the ball is thrown into the end zone and they pick it and run it out only to get tackled on the 10.

He didn't catch the ball. The problem was not him, or the defense. We sucked on offense our last two games.

In terms of Pippins, he is very good and makes plays. The only thing I disagree with c 4 life is I want those kids to get rotated out. That is how depth is created. Heck anyone can play defense when your down by forty and the other team is simply running that ball. Depth is created when they plain meaningful minutes.

Reactions: CaliTrojan4Life
Love that Pippins is back this year. I seem to remember him being the last player to stop some potentially long runs last year. Kid clearly loves to play and always shows up with great energy. I have no doubt he could potentially end up the best dancer on the field in Canada one day.

EDD DB tip drills. You're welcome my friend.

EDD DB tip drills. You're welcome my friend.

Did you not even watch the video? I know what a frickin' tip drill is. Ten seconds in, the narrator says that the first guy acts like a receiver failing to make a catch and the second guy is the DB who is supposed to be watching for the tip. There is nothing in there about defensive backs tipping the ball to each other during a game. No coach in his right mind wants his DB's intentionally bouncing the ball through the air with the hopes that his guys will catch it. A defensive back's job is to either intercept the pass or make sure that the receiver doesn't get the ball. Intentionally deflecting an elongated spheroid up for grabs is the surest way to end up with touchdowns for the other guys, which is exactly what happened against Minnesota. Pippins failed at a very high level with his halfassed attempt at an interception and he knows it. I'm pretty sure that he won't do that again.

Did you not even watch the video? I know what a frickin' tip drill is. Ten seconds in, the narrator says that the first guy acts like a receiver failing to make a catch and the second guy is the DB who is supposed to be watching for the tip. There is nothing in there about defensive backs tipping the ball to each other during a game. No coach in his right mind wants his DB's intentionally bouncing the ball through the air with the hopes that his guys will catch it. A defensive back's job is to either intercept the pass or make sure that the receiver doesn't get the ball. Intentionally deflecting an elongated spheroid up for grabs is the surest way to end up with touchdowns for the other guys, which is exactly what happened against Minnesota. Pippins failed at a very high level with his halfassed attempt at an interception and he knows it. I'm pretty sure that he won't do that again.
Here's the disconnect. You're ASSUMING Pippins was trying to tip the ball which is the furthest thing from the truth. Once again, had Pippins not stumbled out of his break on the ball he would have intercepted it and possibly scored. End of story.

That said, if that scenario should occur again, as a coach I would tell him next time pick the damn ball and take it to the house. The last thing I would tell him as a coach is to not be aggressive on that type of play. I would allow that kid to use his God given athletic ability to change the game. I'm sure you wouldn't tell him or any other player not to jump that floating duck of a pass. But I could be wrong.

Can you stop with the pick six nonsense? Pippins was in the endzone of the other team when he touched the ball. #80 for the Gophers was only a few yards away, the receiver that the ball was thrown to was only a few feet away. Pippins is not exactly the fastest player on the field on any given day.........There is no freakin' way that he was going to take that interception 100+ yards to the house.

At the end of the day, Pippins let the other guy get the ball and that is always a negative and always something you learn from. Trying to sell it up as some great play that was barely missed ignores the fact that it gave the other team a 10-6 lead. Horseshoes and hand grenades comes to mind.

Honestly, half the reason that I'm laying the crap on Pippins at all is that someone like you is trying to sell him up as the best DB in the conference when it's obvious that he isn't. I wish he was....but he's not. As I said above about Molton, I would love for Pippins to have a monster year and finish All Conference. We can both agree that we want to see that.

No, I never said such a thing. Marcus was a helluva CB in his day and so was Lamont Thompson. That said, if you can't pinpoint the flaws of a player why mention it? I can talk about the flaws of every CB that played the game but that's not the point here. The point is Pippins has been a solid CB for Wazzu with very limited time. Basically, had he been given the luxury to play every down as another CB on the squad you might have a different opinion of the young man's play.

I've seen the kid in championship games on the HS level and he stepped up big every time no matter the importance of a game. For instance, In a big time playoff game against Marin Catholic HS, Pippins picked then NFL 1st pick in the 2016 NFL draft Jared Goff and he also picked him as a Cougar CB. Imagine what this kid could do if he had more reps in game time for the Cougars. He'll go down as one of the best Wazzu's CB doing more with less. He'll be in the record books with Barber on the blocked field goal attempt against Idaho. Idaho was moving the ball on Wazzu's front four like they were Stanford. That play by Barber and Pippins sparked the Wazzu season last year. In a hundred years of your school existence this was the first field goal block for a TD. End of story.

Lastly, Trufant had 11 career int's as a Cougar and he started every game for four years (from freshman to his senior year). Trufant didn't allow a single TD against him in his last two years at Wazzu. All facts.

On the other hand, Pippins hasn't given up a TD to a WR since Oct 3rd 2015 his sophomore season. That's almost two years of not having anyone score on him. He was already showing the skills of a lock down CB in his freshman year when he locked down ASU 3rd round draft pick Jalen Strong. Pippins has 6 picks in his last two seasons. He hasn't been on the field nearly as much as Trufant and he has half the picks he has. Pippins is doing this in more of a pass happy league then when Trufant played at Wazzu. All facts. And this was not a post to discredit Marcus in any way or fashion.

And I believe Pippins will go down as one of your best CB that's done more with less. And he has an opportunity to go to three bowl games with Wazzu which is unheard of. You have 13 bowl games under your belt as a program and he could easily be apart of three straight bowls games with the University. Smgdh. SC has over 50 bowl games under their belt. You can take it how ever you want to my friend but numbers don't lie.
I like Pippens too and I think he's a pretty solid PAC 12 corner. You obviously have a history with the kid and give him a tremendous amount of support and I respect that...But you seriously are Lavar Balling this up right now. Everyone is clowning on you for the over the top stuff...what's your motivation?

I hope pippens has a great year and think he's capable, but you are inviting relentless punishment with some of this material.

I like Pippens too and I think he's a pretty solid PAC 12 corner. You obviously have a history with the kid and give him a tremendous amount of support and I respect that...But you seriously are Lavar Balling this up right now. Everyone is clowning on you for the over the top stuff...what's your motivation?

I hope pippens has a great year and think he's capable, but you are inviting relentless punishment with some of this material.
First of all, Lavar Ball is a straight up assclown. I'm nothing like that guy. When it comes to Pippins you are correct. I've known the young man for years and I'm a well respected Prep HS football coach in NorCal since 1998. I've also been a SPARQS Nike Combine/Camp circuit coach in the Bay Area region. So when you say a fan base is clowning on me for speaking the truth, tell them to do the math because numbers don't lie. Coug90, can you show me proof that there is a CB on the Cougars current roster that has outplayed Pippins by numbers or otherwise? The day you show me proof of this will be the day I stop supporting the young man on this site. Hoping the Cougars have a great year!!!

Can you stop with the pick six nonsense? Pippins was in the endzone of the other team when he touched the ball. #80 for the Gophers was only a few yards away, the receiver that the ball was thrown to was only a few feet away. Pippins is not exactly the fastest player on the field on any given day.........There is no freakin' way that he was going to take that interception 100+ yards to the house.

At the end of the day, Pippins let the other guy get the ball and that is always a negative and always something you learn from. Trying to sell it up as some great play that was barely missed ignores the fact that it gave the other team a 10-6 lead. Horseshoes and hand grenades comes to mind.

Honestly, half the reason that I'm laying the crap on Pippins at all is that someone like you is trying to sell him up as the best DB in the conference when it's obvious that he isn't. I wish he was....but he's not. As I said above about Molton, I would love for Pippins to have a monster year and finish All Conference. We can both agree that we want to see that.
If Pippins catches that ball cleanly he has a chance to take it to the house. #80 is a lumbering T.E. for goodness sake. Wazzu's #16 would have peeled back on him and cleaned his clock. The momentum of the RB #23 that caught the ball would have taken him out of the play. Gophers WR #6 had the angle on Pippins but he would have to work hard through a few blocks to catch Pippins. Gophers slot receiver #82 would have been picked up by a D-lineman and he's not that fast or quick. So to say it's nonsense to think Pippins had a chance to take it to the house is off base. He had a very good chance of scoring if he picked up a few blocks along the way.

If Pippins catches that ball cleanly he has a chance to take it to the house. #80 is a lumbering T.E. for goodness sake. Wazzu's #16 would have peeled back on him and cleaned his clock. The momentum of the RB #23 that caught the ball would have taken him out of the play. Gophers WR #6 had the angle on Pippins but he would have to work hard through a few blocks to catch Pippins. Gophers slot receiver #82 would have been picked up by a D-lineman and he's not that fast or quick. So to say it's nonsense to think Pippins had a chance to take it to the house is off base. He had a very good chance of scoring if he picked up a few blocks along the way.
Those are a lot of "what ifs"....... We could play that game with every play of every WSU football game ever. Like, What if the refs didn't call the game of the 1998 Rose Bowl and let WSU get off one more snap and Ryan Leaf throws a TD pass to Chris Jackson to end the game? What if the refs didn't call Matt Kegel's pass a backwards pass in the 2002 Apple Cup and we get one last play where Kegel lobs a pass to Bienemen (sp?). Dude, stop with the hypotheticals. You look like a serious homer by doing so. Pippins is a decent/good CB for us. Is he the greatest? Uhhhh no. Everyone on here hopes he has a great year but to anoint him as somehow the greatest ever, is quite the overstatement.

Reactions: Flatlandcoug
My least favorite thing about Pippins is CaliTrojanFanGuy.
Trojan4Life may be a bit over the top but his enthusiasm is welcome on this board. Certainly has livened up the conversation over the past week or so. Especially welcome during the doldrums of the season. Right or wrong, he livens things up and I like it.

Trojan4Life may be a bit over the top but his enthusiasm is welcome on this board. Certainly has livened up the conversation over the past week or so. Especially welcome during the doldrums of the season. Right or wrong, he livens things up and I like it.
Respect. I started out saying Pippins was the best CB on the Wazzu roster back in 2015. A bunch of guys here said I was a loony toon and I don't know what I'm talking about. They went as far as saying, "I should be horsewhipped for saying such a thing". Now that the smoke has cleared I'm still feeling the same way I did in 2015. What I don't understand is Pippins is one of your guys but some of these Cougars posters don't see it that way (smdh). Just because I support him doesn't mean some of these guys should bash their own player. I said what I said and I stand by it. I understand that some of the posters here unlike yourself, CougEd and CougPatrol are scared to debate the bullies on this board that try to bully you out of your opinion and bash a player they should be supporting. I'm not scared and I'm not going to allow these guys to bully me out of my opinion. That would never happen. Now if I was totally wrong with my opinion I would be the first to say I was wrong. But at this point I shouldn't be the one saying I was wrong. That said, I have much respect for the Wazzu football program and that goes back to Ryan Leaf. Wishing Wazzu football a championship season. Fight on Cougars!!!

CT4L

Reactions: Alpine Cougar
Respect. I started out saying Pippins was the best CB on the Wazzu roster back in 2015. A bunch of guys here said I was a loony toon and I don't know what I'm talking about. They went as far as saying, "I should be horsewhipped for saying such a thing". Now that the smoke has cleared I'm still feeling the same way I did in 2015. What I don't understand is Pippins is one of your guys but some of these Cougars posters don't see it that way (smdh). Just because I support him doesn't mean some of these guys should bash their own player. I said what I said and I stand by it. I understand that some of the posters here unlike yourself, CougEd and CougPatrol are scared to debate the bullies on this board that try to bully you out of your opinion and bash a player they should be supporting. I'm not scared and I'm not going to allow these guys to bully me out of my opinion. That would never happen. Now if I was totally wrong with my opinion I would be the first to say I was wrong. But at this point I shouldn't be the one saying I was wrong. That said, I have much respect for the Wazzu football program and that goes back to Ryan Leaf. Wishing Wazzu football a championship season. Fight on Cougars!!!

CT4L

I get what you are saying about not supporting players and I think fans in general should err on the side of caution when criticizing their own guys. FWIW, my first comment was made mostly in jest. I'm pissed at him for giving up a TD like that but I understand that it happens and I was mostly kidding. I would bet that he and the coaches had a lengthy discussion about it and I'm sure that it was 75% "feces occurs" and 25% "make sure it doesn't happen again". I really do hope that he has a great season in 2017 and I agree he is the best cornerback that we've had in a while. How he ranks as a senior compared to the rest of the league remains to be seen.

In terms of supporting players, the fans that get me angry are the ones that say that a WSU player who has been selected All Pac-12 honorable mention or even all-conference is not really any good and that there are a number of other players that they'd rather have playing on their team. Alex Brink and Connor Halliday come to mind. Fans who openly root for our players to fail on the field to justify their dislike of them baffle me. I would never root for Pippins to fail and I wish him the best this season.

I respect you for coming here to stick up for your guy and you can rest easy knowing that WSU fans are rooting for his success.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT