ADVERTISEMENT

Minnesota fires

Their defensive coordinator.

Damn. Well Claeys and Phelps are gone at the end of the year.

And I see Kansas fired their HC, just as he was making some progress. And about to play Kansas State, who has the exact same 3-6, 1-5 record under their HOF coach, Methuselah. And Kansas's HC salary was like 1.6, 1.7 million. What do they expect? CML will be headed for Lawrence in January. Or Topeka, or wherever Kansas is.

And I see Kansas fired their HC, just as he was making some progress. And about to play Kansas State, who has the exact same 3-6, 1-5 record under their HOF coach, Methuselah. And Kansas's HC salary was like 1.6, 1.7 million. What do they expect? CML will be headed for Lawrence in January. Or Topeka, or wherever Kansas is.

You think Claeys is going back to Minnesota? I'd put the chances of that just under the chances Leach goes back to Texas Tech.

You think Claeys is going back to Minnesota? I'd put the chances of that just under the chances Leach goes back to Texas Tech.

Yeah I don't think Claeys is going back to Minnesota.

Leach probably won't go to Kansas. Not after they did in Mangino in a similar fashion to Texas Tech did Leach. It's also a rebuild at a conference doormat and I don't think Leach wants to make that move. It will be a blue blood if Leach moves. Now I could see Claey's go there if he was given the HC job because he's from Kansas, but I think they are going to hire Seth Litrell from North Texas (who was a former Kansas assistant), or possibly David Doreen from NC State (who is also a former Kansas assistant)

Basically the Kansas job it probably will be...

- Seth Litrell
- Doreen
- Maybe Claeys as a HC (probably the long shot if the other two turn down Kansas)

The talk around here is that KU is going after Les Miles and will be willing to throw him a huge pile of money.

As far as progress goes. Beatty was making progress at KU at a slightly slower rate than Wulff was here. So, based on this board's opinion of Wulff, you can imagine that KU fans aren't out there waving Beatty's flag.

Follow up on Kansas. I read that the announced attendance at the KU-ISU game this weekend was roughly 15,000 in a stadium that seats just over 50,000 and that over half the crowd that was there was wearing Iowa State colors. Beatty needed to go and credit to him, he didn't bitch and moan about lost innocence. He thanked the university, promised to coach out the season and gave the university the address to send his $3 million in severance.

Reactions: Fab5Coug
Yeah I don't think Claeys is going back to Minnesota.

Leach probably won't go to Kansas. Not after they did in Mangino in a similar fashion to Texas Tech did Leach. It's also a rebuild at a conference doormat and I don't think Leach wants to make that move. It will be a blue blood if Leach moves. Now I could see Claey's go there if he was given the HC job because he's from Kansas, but I think they are going to hire Seth Litrell from North Texas (who was a former Kansas assistant), or possibly David Doreen from NC State (who is also a former Kansas assistant)

Basically the Kansas job it probably will be...

- Seth Litrell
- Doreen
- Maybe Claeys as a HC (probably the long shot if the other two turn down Kansas)
I dare you not to smile. Just checked out the Utah State staff with a familiar name on it and this picture popped up. their phone numbers are listed just in case you want to call him and tell him That 70's Show wants their hair back.
https://utahstateaggies.com/coaches.aspx?rc=58&path=football

This dude's blind and it scared the hell out of him.

tenor.gif

Last edited:
It's not impossible, but Leach is only JUST beginning to enjoy national recognition for turning around a conference basement team. The guy basically spent the last 7 years building a mansion - seems unlikely he pulls up stakes and goes to Square 1 before the movers arrive with the furniture.

I was tongue in cheek in my post. CML is not going anywhere, especially not Kansas. Claeys isn't going anywhere.

Rather than discussing who might leave, lets turn this around and come up with all the reasons this staff wants to stay together. I do believe this is the best staff that Leach has assembled at WSU. The offensive line, despite all the new starters, is probably the best we have had in the Leach years. And I would have to say Claeys is a little quicker in making adjustments than Grinch was, I feel he is an upgrade as well. There has been talk about how well the staff and players get along, I'd love to see this band stick together for another year. I think many of us have been on jobs where the whole office got along an you had a great staff, it doesn't happen often, maybe once or twice in a life time. I just hope this coaching staff feels that way and thinks twice before moving on at the end of the year, as there will be plenty of opportunities in the future. Pullman and WSU are a unique and special place, and I think most of this staff knows that.

I was tongue in cheek in my post. CML is not going anywhere, especially not Kansas. Claeys isn't going anywhere.
people a whooshing on your posts a lot recently. must be the butt pucker factor over being 8-1 with everything to lose every week.

I'm trying to realign my expectations that 8-4 would be a great year and we'll have an awesome bowl should that happen. It would be a shame though for GM to lose out - he truly has been a God send and a blessing for this team and community after the loss we suffered.

people a whooshing on your posts a lot recently. must be the butt pucker factor over being 8-1 with everything to lose every week.

I'm trying to realign my expectations that 8-4 would be a great year and we'll have an awesome bowl should that happen. It would be a shame though for GM to lose out - he truly has been a God send and a blessing for this team and community after the loss we suffered.

Yep - nobody but me has a sense of humor on this site anymore. :oops:

Saw this Rivals article when logging off last time. Kansas was down to 39 scholarship players when Charlie Weis left? WOW. Even if that is as of summer, and you have 25 commits coming in for the fall, that would be only 64 out of 85. And I don't think it is that calculation, as the article goes on to say that after 4 years Beaty finally had it up to 70. Out of 85. That's gotta be the worst situation ever in Power 5 football. Also don't understand why they fire him with 3 games to go, then let/have him finish the season? What if he wins his last 3 and takes them to a bowl game?

https://n.rivals.com/news/recruiting-numbers-behind-beaty-s-dismissal-at-kansas

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT