ADVERTISEMENT

I think the WSU Board of Regents, Schultz, should be FIRED.

mikalalas

Hall Of Fame
Feb 26, 2007
I'm Fed up, tired of them. WSU is constantly getting V Lane Rawlins, Schultz's, bad AD'S, botched, bad coaching hires(Football, Bball)at Bad times, except for Floyd, Moos, Price, Leach, Bennet, Smith.

In other words the Board of Regents, WSU Presidents, AD'S have been COUGING IT(SNATCHING DEFEAT FROM THE JAWS OF VICTORY, ETC, in hiring bad Presidents like V Lane Rawlins, and bad AD'S, and bad football, bball coaches.

The latest debacle of not making the safe hire of Shaw, not hiring Henderson, maybe losing Logie, maybe getting stuck with Riley or Worse, and thus have entire team leave, only have 3 wins the next year after a Bennet, Smith year, etc, is just the latest example.

Time to fire them, and change the culture.

What I would do, is find a college like a Iowa St, KSU, Texas Tech, Minnesota, that is a WSU type, that is generally semi consistently successful, and hire the President that like Floyd, that has consistently made good AD hiring decisions that were successful.

Then as that President I would hire a consistently successful AD from Iowa St, Texas Tech, KSU, Minnesota, WSU types.

Then as a AD I would hire consistently successful football, bball coaches(Snyder, Smith, Bennet(Not a Virginia Bennet) etc types) from Iowa St, Texas Tech, KSU, San Diego, MWC, AAC, South Dakota St, North Dakota St, etc, types, that know how to recruit to WSU types successfully, know how to manage a roster of a WSU type successfully, deals with NIL, Transfer Portal semi consistently successfully, is at least a pretty decent, ok, good, coach X's, O's wise, Develops talent well, etc.

It starts at the top, the Board of Regents hiring the right President, and then the right President hiring the right AD, and then the Right AD hiring the Right coaches.

WSU isn't a Alabama, Ohio St, etc, that can hire whoever the hell they want at all levels, and still win 9,10 games in football, and 20 wins in basketball.

WSU has to have the Right President, AD, Coaches, as V Lane Rawlins, Floyd, Moos, Paul Wulf, Price, Leach, proved, in order for WSU to be semi consistently successful.

Of course, for now WSU both Stuck with, borderline wants, doesn't want the Board of Regents, Schultz to rebuild the PAC X. stabilization, etc, to make the transition, etc. But if not for that, and after that, Fire Schultz and the Board of Regents.

I'm Fed up, tired of them. WSU is constantly getting V Lane Rawlins, Schultz's, bad AD'S, botched, bad coaching hires(Football, Bball)at Bad times, except for Floyd, Moos, Price, Leach, Bennet, Smith.

In other words the Board of Regents, WSU Presidents, AD'S have been COUGING IT(SNATCHING DEFEAT FROM THE JAWS OF VICTORY, ETC, in hiring bad Presidents like V Lane Rawlins, and bad AD'S, and bad football, bball coaches.

The latest debacle of not making the safe hire of Shaw, not hiring Henderson, maybe losing Logie, maybe getting stuck with Riley or Worse, and thus have entire team leave, only have 3 wins the next year after a Bennet, Smith year, etc, is just the latest example.

Time to fire them, and change the culture.

What I would do, is find a college like a Iowa St, KSU, Texas Tech, Minnesota, that is a WSU type, that is generally semi consistently successful, and hire the President that like Floyd, that has consistently made good AD hiring decisions that were successful.

Then as that President I would hire a consistently successful AD from Iowa St, Texas Tech, KSU, Minnesota, WSU types.

Then as a AD I would hire consistently successful football, bball coaches(Snyder, Smith, Bennet(Not a Virginia Bennet) etc types) from Iowa St, Texas Tech, KSU, San Diego, MWC, AAC, South Dakota St, North Dakota St, etc, types, that know how to recruit to WSU types successfully, know how to manage a roster of a WSU type successfully, deals with NIL, Transfer Portal semi consistently successfully, is at least a pretty decent, ok, good, coach X's, O's wise, Develops talent well, etc.

It starts at the top, the Board of Regents hiring the right President, and then the right President hiring the right AD, and then the Right AD hiring the Right coaches.

WSU isn't a Alabama, Ohio St, etc, that can hire whoever the hell they want at all levels, and still win 9,10 games in football, and 20 wins in basketball.

WSU has to have the Right President, AD, Coaches, as V Lane Rawlins, Floyd, Moos, Paul Wulf, Price, Leach, proved, in order for WSU to be semi consistently successful.

Of course, for now WSU both Stuck with, borderline wants, doesn't want the Board of Regents, Schultz to rebuild the PAC X. stabilization, etc, to make the transition, etc. But if not for that, and after that, Fire Schultz and the Board of Regents.

Mik, what are you hearing on the interim AD Ann McCoy?

She's been at WSU for more than 20 years. Obviously she is is well-acquainted with Pres. Schultz.

Any chance a president who's nearing retirement would promote Mrs. McCoy and let his successor choose his or her own athletic director?

Mik, what are you hearing on the interim AD Ann McCoy?

She's been at WSU for more than 20 years. Obviously she is is well-acquainted with Pres. Schultz.

Any chance a president who's nearing retirement would promote Mrs. McCoy and let his successor choose his or her own athletic director?
Your first sentence just answered your question. Put differently, no and F no on her.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT