ADVERTISEMENT

MSU fan coming to the game

May 13, 2005
Just bought 4 tickets for our group! Excited to drive over for the game (we live near Seattle). My wife is a Coug so we'll be sitting in section 26. I'll be there in bright MSU colors.

She hasn't been back to Pullman since 2010, incidentally for the last time MSU was in town, where we met up before we were married or even dating (how did we lose that game).

Long story short, any recommendations on what to do before the game? I'm sure my wife will have some, but like I said she hasn't been there in 7 years so things may have changed. MSU alumni tailgate is $60 which is a bit ridiculous, not sure I want to drop $60 for that.

Moscow (7 miles from Pullman) has a really nice farmer's market which should be going on Saturday am. I like to go to the Moscow co-op and have some of their good coffee and eat breakfast before going over to the market.

Plus, I can hang out with all the hippies there as an added bonus.

I hate to focus everything on Moscow instead of Pullman, but the U of I has an excellent arboretum too. It is terrific to check out and walk through and enjoy the beauty of early fall on the Palouse.

1) Go to Ferdinand's and have some ice cream

2) It's a bit anti-climactic, but WSU has the players unload from the buses before the game and do the Cougar Walk by the statue at the NE corner of the stadium. I think it's about 90 minutes before game time. It's worth doing if you haven't done it before.

3) Stop by the CUB before the game. They normally have Butch, cheerleaders and the band up there at some point before the game. Stop at the Bookie and get rid of that MSU gear. Hook yourself up with some Coug gear!

4) Have a beer at the fieldhouse before the game. The lines are too long, the beer costs too much and is often not all that good, but there's a lot of Cougs in one place getting drunk and that's never a bad thing.

5) Get a picture with your wife at the Cougar Plaza downtown. The cougar statue is a bit sickly looking, but you still need a picture there.

Go to Paradise Creek Brewery the day/night before the game, its a solid choice. Your wife will probably take you to theCoug so I need not say much more. Go see the Bears for some no-drinking related fun.

See Flat's #1 suggestion. Should still be warm enough for ice cream. Ferdinand's is an award winning outfit. Try the huckleberry ripple. It was just voted the nation's best ice cream flavor. Wish I could join you- damn type II diabetes.

Suggestion #3. Definitely. Your wife will want to go to the Bookie and do a bit of shopping. Go to the upper floor and get a BBQ sandwich, slaw, beans and a beverage. They open up and start serving about two hours prior to the game. A number of TVs on the wall with other college football games currently in progress. The band will appear about 30 minutes before kickoff to serenade the clientele.

Just take a leisurely stroll through the campus. It's a nice campus and a relaxing stroll.

If you are going to take in some of the local watering holes, show up early and expect a packed crowd.

1) Go to Ferdinand's and have some ice cream

2) It's a bit anti-climactic, but WSU has the players unload from the buses before the game and do the Cougar Walk by the statue at the NE corner of the stadium. I think it's about 90 minutes before game time. It's worth doing if you haven't done it before.

3) Stop by the CUB before the game. They normally have Butch, cheerleaders and the band up there at some point before the game. Stop at the Bookie and get rid of that MSU gear. Hook yourself up with some Coug gear!

4) Have a beer at the fieldhouse before the game. The lines are too long, the beer costs too much and is often not all that good, but there's a lot of Cougs in one place getting drunk and that's never a bad thing.

5) Get a picture with your wife at the Cougar Plaza downtown. The cougar statue is a bit sickly looking, but you still need a picture there.
Hey Flat, not sure if you know this, but last year they changed the location for the Cougar Crawl. No longer at the statue, next to the ticket office. Nor do the team busses pull up and drop off the team and coaches right on Stadium Way.

The Cougar Crawl starts right outside the Fieldhouse, so they drop the team right outside the Fieldhouse. If they haven't moved it again, I would think it will remain as the new place to watch. Last year I found out the hard way, and literally waited for over an hour for the team to arrive. No one knew about the change. As a result, we missed it, (it was then after, I found out about the location change).

Last edited:
Just bought 4 tickets for our group! Excited to drive over for the game (we live near Seattle). My wife is a Coug so we'll be sitting in section 26. I'll be there in bright MSU colors.

She hasn't been back to Pullman since 2010, incidentally for the last time MSU was in town, where we met up before we were married or even dating (how did we lose that game).

Long story short, any recommendations on what to do before the game? I'm sure my wife will have some, but like I said she hasn't been there in 7 years so things may have changed. MSU alumni tailgate is $60 which is a bit ridiculous, not sure I want to drop $60 for that.
Well, Mr. Bobcat, you've made a good choice. Section 26 is my favorite section in the stadium. Good choice. Go to the Fieldhouse prior to the game and have fun.

Hey Flat, not sure if you know this, but last year they changed the location for the Cougar Crawl. No longer at the statue, next to the ticket office. Nor do the team busses pull up and drop off the team and coaches right on Stadium Way. The Cougar Crawl starts right outside the Fieldhouse, so they drop the team right outside the Fieldhouse. If they haven't moved it again, I would think it will remain as the new place to watch. Last year I found out the hard way, and literally waited for over an hour for the team to arrive. No one knew about the change. As a result, we missed it, (it was then after, I found out about the location change).

Thanks for the heads up. We are planning to be there for CU, so make sure to post the time and place this year for those of us who only get to come up and play once a year.

Moscow (7 miles from Pullman) has a really nice farmer's market which should be going on Saturday am. I like to go to the Moscow co-op and have some of their good coffee and eat breakfast before going over to the market.

Plus, I can hang out with all the hippies there as an added bonus.

I hate to focus everything on Moscow instead of Pullman, but the U of I has an excellent arboretum too. It is terrific to check out and walk through and enjoy the beauty of early fall on the Palouse.

Arboretum? Farmers market?

This is a football game we're talking about right? Seriously, grab some beers and go hit a tailgate. Leave the farmers markets for when your wife drags you to them in June. ;)

I actually think my perfect Cougar football Saturday is hitting up Banyons out at the golf course for breakfast, then take a stroll around campus, buy some gear at The Bookie, Coug for lunch, then RV lots for tailgating. Watch a Coug win, then downtown for dinner & drinks at Black Cyprus or Paradise Creek.

Arboretum? Farmers market?

This is a football game we're talking about right? Seriously, grab some beers and go hit a tailgate. Leave the farmers markets for when your wife drags you to them in June. ;)

I actually think my perfect Cougar football Saturday is hitting up Banyons out at the golf course for breakfast, then take a stroll around campus, buy some gear at The Bookie, Coug for lunch, then RV lots for tailgating. Watch a Coug win, then downtown for dinner & drinks at Black Cyprus or Paradise Creek.
Lol. Fair enough. Those are great ideas too.

Reactions: Fab5Coug
Thanks for all the suggestions! Unfortunately we probably won't get into town until 2 or 3. Probably grab an early dinner with my folks (the babysitters), then head over to campus and go from there!

Excited to see how much progress we've made in the offseason, we had our worst season in 17 years or so last year, first time we've had back to back losing seasons in 00-01. Just hoping to see some good things, some progress.

Excited to see how much progress we've made in the offseason, we had our worst season in 17 years or so last year, first time we've had back to back losing seasons in 00-01. Just hoping to see some good things, some progress.

My friend over here in Hamilton is pretty jacked up about the young qb you have. My buddy's a Spokane guy but played ball at MSU in early 90s. Needless to say that, other the win over the Griz, he was not pleased with last year.

Head to "My Office" after the game, but beware: you might run into some guy with multiple chins slapping people around.

My friend over here in Hamilton is pretty jacked up about the young qb you have. My buddy's a Spokane guy but played ball at MSU in early 90s. Needless to say that, other the win over the Griz, he was not pleased with last year.

Not sure which QB he is talking about. We got a pretty good looking kid out of Idaho, 2 star Tucker Rovig, who has looked pretty good in practice so far but he is a true freshman. Interestingly enough he is actually older than our incumbent starter, Chris Murray. Murray has a big upside, but Rovig is already the more polished QB. Still, Rovig is expected to redshirt but is the 3rd string QB and if Murray goes down, Rovig is likely up.

Pretty sure it's he kid who was a freshman last year. He unseated Bruggman.

That would be Murray. They did the two QB thing for a few games (never a good idea IMO), and eventually gave it to Murray even though Bruggman was the better passer, although Bruggman struggled mightily as well. He's a perfect example of a practice all-star, looked great in practice, could not translate that into game success. FYI, Bruggman is a graduate walk-on at Texas A&M for his final year of eligibility.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT