ADVERTISEMENT

Mutts haven't sold out NC game ticket allotment

Loyal Coug1

Hall Of Fame
Aug 24, 2022
According to an article I just read - the three other teams have sold out, but not the mutts.

Granted Houston is driving distance for Alabama and Texas, but Michigan would have to go almost as far as the mutts.

According to an article I just read - the three other teams have sold out, but not the mutts.

Granted Houston is driving distance for Alabama and Texas, but Michigan would have to go almost as far as the mutts.
Eh. It’s early they will sell them out if they win. They have had some pretty big games over the last two years that haven’t filled up their stadium at home. College Football in the west just mean nearly what it does in the Midwest or south. I’m not surprised.

Their trip to New Orleans isn’t cheap, I’d be machine relatively few actual fans will be able to make back to back trips down south.

Wait until they are playing Rutgers or Purdue. They won't be selling a lot of tickets...and if, God forbid, they happen to lose...

The Seattle Times this morning said they had sold out their allotment for the title game.

The Seattle Times this morning said they had sold out their allotment for the title game.
I read an article a day or two ago that said "sold" is a relative term. Lots of tickets given to sponsors and VIPs, most of the rest sold to corporate groups and donors. Expectation was that general fans wouldn't have much opportunity to get seats...and their price starts at about $1,100/seat. Those who get the opportunity and have the money will also have to pay $1,000 and rising for flights.

I read an article a day or two ago that said "sold" is a relative term. Lots of tickets given to sponsors and VIPs, most of the rest sold to corporate groups and donors. Expectation was that general fans wouldn't have much opportunity to get seats...and their price starts at about $1,100/seat. Those who get the opportunity and have the money will also have to pay $1,000 and rising for flights.
That’s nothing when your team won’t be back for another 100 years. I’d pay it

That’s nothing when your team won’t be back for another 100 years. I’d pay it
100? Its only been 30 for the Mutts. I told my BIL he better get his ass down there, because in another 30 he may not be able to due to being old and cripple or in the ground already.

FWIW, when he started talking shit about the 91 natty, I asked him which half of the trophy does UW have in their display case? Its a valid question, right?

Maybe it's just me, but it sounds pretty cringey hearing Cougs talking $hit about UW playing in the National Championship game in the same year when they got invited to a Super Conference while we got relegated to the G5.

Maybe it's just me, but it sounds pretty cringey hearing Cougs talking $hit about UW playing in the National Championship game in the same year when they got invited to a Super Conference while we got relegated to the G5.
It’s also cringy that they are in the NC to begin with. Especially when they shoulda lost 2+ games.

• Love
Reactions: Cougini5591
What, we’re gonna rise above it?

If we’re not rescued, our football program could become CWU-tier in our lifetimes; nobody is crediting us for our “sportsmanship”. I’m going to be taking every opportunity I can to remind them they don’t have any unshared national championships.

What, we’re gonna rise above it?

If we’re not rescued, our football program could become CWU-tier in our lifetimes; nobody is crediting us for our “sportsmanship”. I’m going to be taking every opportunity I can to remind them they don’t have any unshared national championships.
CWU Tier? You mean Division II? C'mon buddy, that is ridiculous. We will merge or reverse merge with the Mtn West. No way will we ever descend to the Big Sky, let alone DII.

I don't care enough to go troll Husky message boards, but I found it refreshing to see that one of the big reasons that UW lost was because Michigan got away with holding most of the game. F#ck the Huskies.

CWU Tier? You mean Division II? C'mon buddy, that is ridiculous. We will merge or reverse merge with the Mtn West. No way will we ever descend to the Big Sky, let alone DII.
There is a shrinking birth rate and the births we have are increasingly coming from cultures with minimal football interest, there is declining youth football participation, college enrollment is already down 10% this decade, many private colleges have folded, the $$$ value of higher ed has clearly plummeted and is perhaps a very poor value for the majority of students overall.

We are exiting the golden age of higher ed + CFB at a time the playoffs / NIL has accelerated concentration of resources further. MWC already wasn't appointment television and could easily become a D2-tier product in our lifetimes.

There is a shrinking birth rate and the births we have are increasingly coming from cultures with minimal football interest, there is declining youth football participation, college enrollment is already down 10% this decade, many private colleges have folded, the $$$ value of higher ed has clearly plummeted and is perhaps a very poor value for the majority of students overall.

We are exiting the golden age of higher ed + CFB at a time the playoffs / NIL has accelerated concentration of resources further. MWC already wasn't appointment television and could easily become a D2-tier product in our lifetimes.

I know that things kind of suck right now, but that's an awful dark viewpoint and a huge over-reaction to what's going on. I don't know how long you are planning to live, but I won't live long enough to see the MWC become the equivalent to D2.

The worst case scenario in the long term is that the MWC and other Group of 5 teams fall to FCS status and with the need for quality bottom feeders for the Power X to play in order to boost records, I don't see that happening anytime soon.

I know that things kind of suck right now, but that's an awful dark viewpoint and a huge over-reaction to what's going on. I don't know how long you are planning to live, but I won't live long enough to see the MWC become the equivalent to D2.

The worst case scenario in the long term is that the MWC and other Group of 5 teams fall to FCS status and with the need for quality bottom feeders for the Power X to play in order to boost records, I don't see that happening anytime soon.
There is no way college football is going to settle for 30 tier 1 programs. There are too many large fan bases of the programs ranked in the 30-70 range to be ignored.

There is no way college football is going to settle for 30 tier 1 programs. There are too many large fan bases of the programs ranked in the 30-70 range to be ignored.
It's no longer about CFB, it's about viewers. And it's not about fans, it's about the ad sales and casual bettors. The networks run the conferences and the conference commissioners are TV people. They'll concentrate down to the smallest number of programs they can. Probably not 30, but 40ish seems likely.

Consider it NFL light. THat's where we're going.

This right here. The amount of classes that you have to take that have ZERO to do with any sort of career field that most engage in really do eat into the value of a 4 year degree. I understand that these extracurricular classes have a different sort of value by learning about the world around us but the universities are breeding grounds for victimhood mentality and progressive nonsense.

It's no longer about CFB, it's about viewers. And it's not about fans, it's about the ad sales and casual bettors. The networks run the conferences and the conference commissioners are TV people. They'll concentrate down to the smallest number of programs they can. Probably not 30, but 40ish seems likely.

Consider it NFL light. THat's where we're going.
I disagree. The number will be more like 65. The viewership numbers of the top 30-40 teams playing only each other won't be there, and the networks know it.

This right here. The amount of classes that you have to take that have ZERO to do with any sort of career field that most engage in really do eat into the value of a 4 year degree. I understand that these extracurricular classes have a different sort of value by learning about the world around us but the universities are breeding grounds for victimhood mentality and progressive nonsense.
I'm sitting here scratching my head trying to remember the GUR's I took at WSU. Need to go find my transcript I guess. I can name off all the business classess.

Let's see, I got C's in the two easiest A's on campus. Comm 101 and Enviro Science. There was a psych class in there somewhere. Bio Sci something. Think I will try to dig that up, there were obviously more. I could have done without them.

The thing about a University education, particularly at a residential campus like WSU, is the notion of learning to successfully interact with people and mature to semi-adulthood. I'm still working on that part. And develop intellectual curiosity, in and out of class. These private, liberal arts colleges? Nah, I don't buy their schtick. And the more religion-based the worse.

I'm sitting here scratching my head trying to remember the GUR's I took at WSU. Need to go find my transcript I guess. I can name off all the business classess.

Let's see, I got C's in the two easiest A's on campus. Comm 101 and Enviro Science. There was a psych class in there somewhere. Bio Sci something. Think I will try to dig that up, there were obviously more. I could have done without them.

The thing about a University education, particularly at a residential campus like WSU, is the notion of learning to successfully interact with people and mature to semi-adulthood. I'm still working on that part. And develop intellectual curiosity, in and out of class. These private, liberal arts colleges? Nah, I don't buy their schtick. And the more religion-based the worse.
Those are the colleges that are all about feelings, not facts. They’re the kind of places where people learn that if you don’t like what someone said, or how they said it, then they’ve harmed you. Or, if you feel like you’re a woman, you can decide to be one.

I disagree. The number will be more like 65. The viewership numbers of the top 30-40 teams playing only each other won't be there, and the networks know it.
They also know/ knew that WSU is a top 15 school for total viewership, but that didn't get us a seat at the table.

There are other forces at work that defy the rules of logic, at least the logic that a normal person would use to make decisions.

Those are the colleges that are all about feelings, not facts. They’re the kind of places where people learn that if you don’t like what someone said, or how they said it, then they’ve harmed you. Or, if you feel like you’re a woman, you can decide to be one.
Or, if you feel like you’re a woman, you can decide to be one.

Certainly you are not on record as implying this is a completely "made up" scenerio?

It is just you.

Fuw

But they didn't. Just like we didn't lose to UCLA, USC and Arizona in 1997, and we damn well could have.
But WSU hasn't been trying to state "we are the greatest"... we haven't been egotistical cock smokers acting like we are above everyone. (Bow Down to Michigan now assholes)

Show me another school that has as many "never went there, but I can still talk shit" fans.

Fuw is the devil.

This isn't just sports...

Fuw literally fought against WSU getting a medical program!

F'em 24/7

Reactions: CougSinceBirth
But WSU hasn't been trying to state "we are the greatest"... we haven't been egotistical cock smokers acting like we are above everyone. (Bow Down to Michigan now assholes)

Fuw literally fought against WSU getting a medical program! This is REAL!

Show me another school that has as many "never went there, but I can still talk shit" fans.

Fuw is the devil.
Yep. And sychophant Gonzaga took their side, and still partners with uw on medicine, even though they are right next door to our medical/nursing campus in Spokane. Where the F is the Spokane professional community on this anyway?.

Yep. And sychophant Gonzaga took their side, and still partners with uw on medicine, even though they are right next door to our medical/nursing campus in Spokane. Where the F is the Spokane professional community on this anyway?.
Spending time with the "3 ugly ones" working on East Sprague

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT