ADVERTISEMENT

MW Scheduling Agreement

Loyal Coug1

Hall Of Fame
Aug 24, 2022
I got this info from my pals on the UNLV board. They are more fun than you snoozers.

Guess I need to look up the agreement itself.

Specifically these are the first year costs:
o $2 million to the MWC for administrative fees.
o $9 million to the MWC for the 6 Pac-2 home games. ($1.5 million per home game x 2 schools (OSU and WSU))
o $3 million to the MWC for a General Participation Fee.

If the Pac-2 decides to play a second year the cost will be:
o $9 million to the MWC for the 6 Pac-2 home games.

So my reaction is WTF? As I told my UNLV pals, I am all for the reverse merger, but WhoTF negotiated this for the Pac-2? Quackkoff? $2M in Admin fees? $3M for general participation? Participate in what? No conference championship, for starters. $1.5M in home game payments per game? We could get who into Pullman for $1.5M? Uh, lots of big-name teams. And no away game revenue?

Reactions: Wazzubrooz
I got this info from my pals on the UNLV board. They are more fun than you snoozers.

o $9 million to the MWC for the 6 Pac-2 home games. ($1.5 million per home game x 2 schools (OSU and WSU))

So my reaction is WTF? As I told my UNLV pals, I am all for the reverse merger, but WhoTF negotiated this for the Pac-2? Quackkoff? $2M in Admin fees? $3M for general participation? Participate in what? No conference championship, for starters. $1.5M in home game payments per game? We could get who into Pullman for $1.5M? Uh, lots of big-name teams. And no away game revenue?

Overall, I agree with you but don't fool yourself...no big-name team is coming to Pullman for $1.5 million. A run of the mill 50,000 seat stadium generates well over $3 million in revenue per game and "big-name" programs have bigger stadiums than that. They'll make more money staying at home and making us go there even after handing us a check for $1.5 million.

We had zero leverage of course we are going to overpay. It was either that or no schedule.

Reactions: kougkurt
Who is the one that left?

We had zero leverage of course we are going to overpay. It was either that or no schedule.
Add in a deadline and the result was probably reasonable. Had we wanted to permanently jump into bed with them long term, right out of the gate, the fees would have been smaller. But we are partly paying for the right to maintain flexibility.

Reactions: wazzucougs96
Add in a deadline and the result was probably reasonable. Had we wanted to permanently jump into bed with them long term, right out of the gate, the fees would have been smaller. But we are partly paying for the right to maintain flexibility.
That is exactly what WSU is paying for, the waiting game for a better offer. Ie- big 12 or Acc collapse.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT