ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA Soccer Tourney: Cougs host Northwestern Saturday

Cal tied Stanford. That was the only pac12 game that Stanford failed to win. I suspect that this had something to do with it.

Cal tied Stanford. That was the only pac12 game that Stanford failed to win. I suspect that this had something to do with it.

If that is what the committee based their opinion , it is dumb in my opinion. One game does not override the other 10 games.

WSU has a tough match against Northwestern. They finished in second place in the Big 10.

If that is what the committee based their opinion , it is dumb in my opinion. One game does not override the other 10 games.

WSU has a tough match against Northwestern. They finished in second place in the Big 10.
Is it too early to predict a West Virginia upset? Northwestern's not bad.

Probably more due to higher RPI (Cal 18 vs. WSU 28) and Cal's non conference schedule including beating Duke and tying North Carolina.

Probably more due to higher RPI (Cal 18 vs. WSU 28) and Cal's non conference schedule including beating Duke and tying North Carolina.
Very interesting and impressive. Did not know that. Beating Duke and getting ties against North Carolina and Stanford is an accomplishment.

For those among us who do not follow soccer or women's sports at all, let me tell you that we can be very proud of these girls. They fight. And with an aggressive offense they are fun to watch. I don't care who we are slotted against in the tournament. Our ladies may come up against more athletically gifted teams but they won't face anyone who will outfight them. Tough, fearless and "blue collar"- they represent Coug values well. Very well, indeed.

OK, that makes a little more sense. Although, personally I weight the conference more than games that happened months ago (just like I weigh the football team's strength more now than what happened against PSU). If WSU can beat Northwestern and VT, I think the Cougars can beat Cal.

Last edited:
Reactions: froropmkr72
Is this game televised?
Good question and I hope that some one has the answer. I spent about twenty minutes or more yesterday trying to find some internet access to the game with no result. The obvious source would be WSU live streaming but none is listed. Not even audio available. Last year's first round against Seattle U. was live streamed. Why this year's event is not is a puzzle. The current team is better than last year's and, if the attendance is any guide, it is more closely followed. We may need to send Moos a few grumpy emails about this. A post season game like this should be live streamed when not on the Pac12 TV network. Anybody have a solution to the question?

Good question and I hope that some one has the answer. I spent about twenty minutes or more yesterday trying to find some internet access to the game with no result. The obvious source would be WSU live streaming but none is listed. Not even audio available. Last year's first round against Seattle U. was live streamed. Why this year's event is not is a puzzle. The current team is better than last year's and, if the attendance is any guide, it is more closely followed. We may need to send Moos a few grumpy emails about this. A post season game like this should be live streamed when not on the Pac12 TV network. Anybody have a solution to the question?

All I can find is that the game is streamed live on www.wsucougars.com with Trevor Williams on the call.

Reactions: kayak15
Delighted to hear that. But I don't know where you are getting your information. The athletics site does not list any coverage at all.

It is in the WSUCougars article on the website.

THIS WEEK

The Washington State University women’s soccer team (14-5-0, 7-4-0) entertains Northwestern (13-5-2, 7-3-1 Big Ten) in the opening round of NCAA Division I Women’s Soccer Championship Saturday, Nov. 14 at 5 p.m. at WSU’s Lower Soccer Field…the Cougars earned their fifth-straight at-large bid, a first for the program, and will host the opening round of the tournament for the third-consecutive season…the match will be streamed live on www.wsucougars.com with Trevor Williams on the call…live stats will be available for the match at www.wsucougars.com.

http://www.wsucougars.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=30400&ATCLID=210488705

It is in the WSUCougars article on the website.

THIS WEEK

The Washington State University women’s soccer team (14-5-0, 7-4-0) entertains Northwestern (13-5-2, 7-3-1 Big Ten) in the opening round of NCAA Division I Women’s Soccer Championship Saturday, Nov. 14 at 5 p.m. at WSU’s Lower Soccer Field…the Cougars earned their fifth-straight at-large bid, a first for the program, and will host the opening round of the tournament for the third-consecutive season…the match will be streamed live on www.wsucougars.com with Trevor Williams on the call…live stats will be available for the match at www.wsucougars.com.

http://www.wsucougars.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=30400&ATCLID=210488705
Thanks. I had not noticed that. The official site does not list it under scheduled live streams. Glad to hear it. Thanks again.

OK, that makes a little more sense. Although, personally I weight the conference more than games that happened months ago (just like I weigh the football team's strength more now than what happened against PSU). If WSU can beat Northwestern and VT, I think the Cougars can beat Cal.

I was wrong about thinking if the Cougars beat Northwestern and VT, they can beat CAL. CAL lost to Loyola Marymount. I guess I was right about the NCAA committee overvaluing one tie game against Stanford and games that occurred in the non-conference schedule.

End of 90 minutes. The match is tied at 0-0, so it is going to overtime.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT