ADVERTISEMENT

negotiating in good faith/conflict of interest

cougcowboy

Varsity
Nov 9, 2014
So I've read some of the realignment threads, but far from all. There was so many people with no idea posting their dream conference that it got sickening. So maybe someone has written this already in a previous thread, so I apologize if that is the case.

We know USC nixed some moves that would have saved the PAC-12 before they made the move to the Big 10.
I have serious questions about Cohen and her role in the demise of the Pac-12. Brock Huard (on Brock and Salk) has said he has heard the possibility of her going to USC for a couple months. If she was in negotiations with USC, I question whether the decisions she was making as UW AD were in the best interest of the PAC-12/X.

If UW makes decisions to go to the Big 10, that is a power move and looks good on HER resume. It might not be in the best interest of UW or the state of WA.
If the PAC-X survives and they sign with Apple or get a different offer from FOX or ESPN, it might be in the best interest of UW athletes, UW, the state of WA; but not look good for HER.

I've always hated the huskies, but I hate them even more now...

This whole thing STINKS!

No doubt UW has an ethics department/committee/compliance process and I do feel both their President and AD were/are in violation of their code of ethics.

No doubt UW has an ethics department/committee/compliance process and I do feel both their President and AD were/are in violation of their code of ethics.
That and a Starbucks gift card will get you a cup of coffee, most likely. Completely ridiculous but that's how it is.

So I've read some of the realignment threads, but far from all. There was so many people with no idea posting their dream conference that it got sickening. So maybe someone has written this already in a previous thread, so I apologize if that is the case.

We know USC nixed some moves that would have saved the PAC-12 before they made the move to the Big 10.
I have serious questions about Cohen and her role in the demise of the Pac-12. Brock Huard (on Brock and Salk) has said he has heard the possibility of her going to USC for a couple months. If she was in negotiations with USC, I question whether the decisions she was making as UW AD were in the best interest of the PAC-12/X.

If UW makes decisions to go to the Big 10, that is a power move and looks good on HER resume. It might not be in the best interest of UW or the state of WA.
If the PAC-X survives and they sign with Apple or get a different offer from FOX or ESPN, it might be in the best interest of UW athletes, UW, the state of WA; but not look good for HER.

I've always hated the huskies, but I hate them even more now...

This whole thing STINKS!
I assume the Schulz took over as chair of the CEO group due to conflict of interest. The fact the change occurred was obviously a bad sign.

They aren't....but you know there is someone in their university, Compliance related, with nothing to do but investigate these things.
This and backup NFL QB have to be up there as far as best jobs in the world.

I assume the Schulz took over as chair of the CEO group due to conflict of interest. The fact the change occurred was obviously a bad sign.
I read somewhere there is a rotation in this role. I think it was Schulz's turn and Cauce's turn was up.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT