ADVERTISEMENT

New recruit visit

ElComanche

Hall Of Fame
Sep 28, 2007
Per the other board. Chris Seeley a 6'8 215 HS PF is visiting August 1. Other schools involved are Oregon St,Utah .TCU and UTEP.He is a 2016 rising recruit. His tapes are very impressive. He can "sky" and he moves very well.He is just what Kent needs to round out the class and lay the foundation for the future.

Per the other board. Chris Seeley a 6'8 215 HS PF is visiting August 1. Other schools involved are Oregon St,Utah .TCU and UTEP.He is a 2016 rising recruit. His tapes are very impressive. He can "sky" and he moves very well.He is just what Kent needs to round out the class and lay the foundation for the future.
6'6", 205, raw offense, projects to wing. Has some other offers.

You are looking at old information. People do grow as they are teenagers before they become young men. I saw hm on tapes and he is a legitimate 6'8 215. He was 6'6 qs a junior and drew big attention after his play in the summer leagues. Life does change and that is why he is a vailiable and attracting considerable D 1 recruiting attention af this late date

You are looking at old information. People do grow as they are teenagers before they become young men. I saw hm on tapes and he is a legitimate 6'8 215. He was 6'6 qs a junior and drew big attention after his play in the summer leagues. Life does change and that is why he is a vailiable and attracting considerable D 1 recruiting attention af this late date
The 6'6" was from Gershon's article on brandx but Ok.

I rechecked and there are several different sizes and weights listed for this guy. The biggest is 6 8 215. The others are 6 6 210 and 6 7 200 and 6'6 185 . He appears to be a late bloomer and got the recruiters attention over the summer landing offers from TCU. UTAH, UTEP, OSU, and WSU. He is an relatively unknown and these are the kinds of guys Kent has been recruiting.It seems like i want the best and others want and expect the worse as far as Kent s recruits 's talents and skills.

I saw that but please check other more up to date sources Thanks OK
Both brandx and brandy report 6'6". It's 2 inches and usually kids fudge but from now on I'll reference 6'8". I don't want to offend.

Seriously though, I'm more concerned with who else is recruiting him than his height. He has a good offer list per brandx/brandy...if they can be trusted of course? Looks like it would be solid pickup late July. Lets see if Kent can pull it off.

I hope for 6'8 would take 6 7 and settle for 6'6 He has two visits scheduled for two of the other schools mentioned in the next two weeks.One thing Kent can promise him is playing time. I doubt that TCU , OSU, or Utah can promise that.

I will take long and athletic whether he is 6-6 or 6-8. Complaint is that nobody plays d for either Kent or Bone before him. Give me an athletic skinny guy and maybe we start seeing some defensive stoppers again like Cowgill and Weaver

I hope for 6'8 would take 6 7 and settle for 6'6 He has two visits scheduled for two of the other schools mentioned in the next two weeks.One thing Kent can promise him is playing time. I doubt that TCU , OSU, or Utah can promise that.
The taller the better but Ivory Clark was 6'6" at best and solid 'PF'. He probably wouldn't make a huge impact for a couple years but looks like a better prospect than most of year 1 & 2.

I'm not going to go as far as say this is a great class because there are a lot of question marks but the potential for it to turn into a great class is there. We have a mixture of late bloomers and former studs that faded later for what ever reason and a few just solid players who I feel will fit in nicely. If one or two of the question marks goes to the positive side this could really be a very very good class. I think at this point in time getting a rising prospect like Seely would be a huge addition.

Nice to hear some unbiased remarks from posters.I agree with this assessment . I do agree with there being question marks but there is definitely potential on this class.

I'm not going to go as far as say this is a great class because there are a lot of question marks but the potential for it to turn into a great class is there. We have a mixture of late bloomers and former studs that faded later for what ever reason and a few just solid players who I feel will fit in nicely. If one or two of the question marks goes to the positive side this could really be a very very good class. I think at this point in time getting a rising prospect like Seely would be a huge addition.

His aggressiveness on drives to the hoop is impressive. We haven't had that for a while, likely because we haven't been very athletic.

Does anyone have any idea of how the visit went? I see the main competition being Utah as UTEP is a hell hole and he would be crazy to go there since he has at least two other options

My biggest worry is Oregon State they have a lot of young talent and Seeley is visiting them last on August 8.

I agree OSU being the last school,he will visit,has a good chance of landing him. Kent has to start winning a few of these recruiting battles

Not likely.

1874991_0.jpg

Seeley committed to Utah today. I guess the potential of earlier playing time wasn't enough - which is about all Kent can offer compared to the Utah program.

I ,of course,think that the young man made a mistake. i see a transfer within two years. wish him luck and hopes he fulfills his promise where ever he ends up

It's going to mostly likely end up a long year. Unfortunate deal for the older players.

If we can see some hope from the younger players then maybe it's a start but it is really an uphill battle.

Of course,i will be more optimistic about the coming season. I have seen a few film clips of Conner and he looks to be in great shape and is moving better and quicker. One hopes that the ever preseason optimistic Kent is correct in saying they had a great summer..As they say"da pruff is in da puddin".. Kent s teams have to start winning some ball games to get fans behind him and the team.The Italy trip should give us some indication of how the team may do this season.

Hopefully some reports will filter back from italy and hopefully they are positive reports about the new guys.

Of course,i will be more optimistic about the coming season. I have seen a few film clips of Conner and he looks to be in great shape and is moving better and quicker. One hopes that the ever preseason optimistic Kent is correct in saying they had a great summer..As they say"da pruff is in da puddin".. Kent s teams have to start winning some ball games to get fans behind him and the team.The Italy trip should give us some indication of how the team may do this season.

Clifford definitely has trimmed the baby fat that hindered him last season. Btw, Flynn is already contributing.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT