ADVERTISEMENT

New Statement from Shulz

appalachian state?

Appalachian St is one of the better FBS MIDMAJOR'S, that went from FCS perennial national championship contender to FBS MID MAJOR.

They have beaten BLUE BLOOD MICHIGAN 1,2 times.

If not Appalachian State, then Marshall, as Marshal is ALWAYS in NY6 bowls A LOT.

The point was whether Appalachian St, Marshall, or some other, the PAC NEEDS ONLY THE BEST DAMN FBS MIDMAJOR'S ON THE PLANET THAT NOT IN P5 YET.

Grabbing Wyoming, New Mexico, New Mexico St, the football trash from MWC is NOT as good as Appalachian St, Marshall, or the BEST DAMN FOOTBALL FBS MIDMAJOR'S ON THE PLANET, THAT HAVE GONE TO THE MOST NY6 BOWLS.

IF the PAC 4/X gets SDSU, SMU, Memphis, USF, Tulane, Rice, BSU, Appalachian St, Gonzaga, UNLV, Fresno St, Utah St, CSU, NDSU added to Stanford, CAL, WSU, Ore St, THAT CONFERENCE WOULD NOT LOSE P5 STATUS, AND WOULD HAVE A 18 MIL TO 28 MIL PER TEAM MEDIA DEAL, WOULD GET 1,2 CFP, 1,2 NY6.

The PAC 4, can use the 400 mil, they get to handle the buying out SDSU, others etc.

Or the MWC votes to dissolve, and SDSU, CSU, Utah St, Fresno St, BSU, UNLV, those 6 join the PAC, and the PAC helps the remaining 6 MWC to either reform MWC, or join the C-USA, Sunbelt, AAC, etc.

Then since Memphis, USF, Tulane, Rice, Appalachian St, , etc, only have 5 to 10 to 15 million buy outs, then PAC either buys them, or encourages those teams to buy themselves out, to join PAC to get greater CFP/NY6/P5 STATUS, and that if they others come, build the PAC, that there will be a 17+ Mil per team media deal.

Basically the PAC 4 has to SELL what I am talking about in this post to those teams.

If the PAC does a good job selling, promising, negotiating, getting creative, etc, and use that to BUILD THE PAC 18 comprised of the teams I outlined above, then the PAC will become the PAC 18 with those teams, and will have a 17 to 27 mil per team deal, 1,2 CFP spots, 1,2 NY6 spots, P5 STATUS, etc.

It's a workable idea, plan.

The only problem with it, is that the PAC Leadership is not smart enough and too much like a couple, few, semi some posters here who either don't think this should be done, or don't think it can be done, even tho it's doable, to do this
Buddy, shut up. Your crazy shit is just getting annoying. You have no idea what you are talking about.

Appalachian St is one of the better FBS MIDMAJOR'S, that went from FCS perennial national championship contender to FBS MID MAJOR.

They have beaten BLUE BLOOD MICHIGAN 1,2 times.

If not Appalachian State, then Marshall, as Marshal is ALWAYS in NY6 bowls A LOT.

The point was whether Appalachian St, Marshall, or some other, the PAC NEEDS ONLY THE BEST DAMN FBS MIDMAJOR'S ON THE PLANET THAT NOT IN P5 YET.

Grabbing Wyoming, New Mexico, New Mexico St, the football trash from MWC is NOT as good as Appalachian St, Marshall, or the BEST DAMN FOOTBALL FBS MIDMAJOR'S ON THE PLANET, THAT HAVE GONE TO THE MOST NY6 BOWLS.
Fact check:

Appalachian state beat Michigan once, in 2007. Near as I can tell, they’ve played a total of twice, Michigan pounded them 52-14 in 2014.

Marshall has never played in an NY6 game. Their biggest bowls have been the GMAC bowl and the Motor City bowl in the late 90s/early 2000s, probably the one people remember where the linemen carried Byron Leftwich to the line. They’ve been to 6 straight minor bowls and 9 bowls in the last 10 seasons…almost all of them before Christmas, one on Dec 27.

App State came up to FBS in 2014, and played in 7 bowls from 2015-2021. All of them were minor games, never later than Dec. 23. They were 6-6 last season but we’re not eligible for a bowl because 2 wins were against FCS opponents.

They both play in the Sun Belt. Not exactly murderer’s row.

Appalachian state and Marshall were #75 & #77, respectively, in TV viewership in 2022…good enough for either of them to finish dead last in the Pac-12. And that was a year when Marshall was 9-4, App State was 6-6.

They’re in North Carolina and West Virginia.

So they’re small teams with low viewership in modest markets in the weakest FBS conference, and they’re 3 time zones away. Not really sure how anyone could find them attractive expansion targets in any way.

Fact check:

Appalachian state beat Michigan once, in 2007. Near as I can tell, they’ve played a total of twice, Michigan pounded them 52-14 in 2014.

Marshall has never played in an NY6 game. Their biggest bowls have been the GMAC bowl and the Motor City bowl in the late 90s/early 2000s, probably the one people remember where the linemen carried Byron Leftwich to the line. They’ve been to 6 straight minor bowls and 9 bowls in the last 10 seasons…almost all of them before Christmas, one on Dec 27.

App State came up to FBS in 2014, and played in 7 bowls from 2015-2021. All of them were minor games, never later than Dec. 23. They were 6-6 last season but we’re not eligible for a bowl because 2 wins were against FCS opponents.

They both play in the Sun Belt. Not exactly murderer’s row.

Appalachian state and Marshall were #75 & #77, respectively, in TV viewership in 2022…good enough for either of them to finish dead last in the Pac-12. And that was a year when Marshall was 9-4, App State was 6-6.

They’re in North Carolina and West Virginia.

So they’re small teams with low viewership in modest markets in the weakest FBS conference, and they’re 3 time zones away. Not really sure how anyone could find them attractive expansion targets in any way.

Appalachian St, as you pointed out have been bowling about 83% to 93% of time.

And I said once OR twice, 1,2 times that beat Michigan. And once is enough.
Appalachian St is a monster FBS MIDMAJOR FOOTBALL PROGRAM.

It doesn't matter where they are located, whether China, as it's ABSOLUTELY IMPERATIVE that the PAC gets the best football programs they can get, no matter whether they in China, etc.

As to Marshall, I guess I misremembered, was thinking of another FBS MIDMAJOR Football program that has gone bowling, AN OR has gone to NY6 bowls, AN OR beat Blue bloods, and their name is not popular, remembered, etc, name like others like BSU that have more name recognition, remembrance, etc.

Also I only said that Marshall was a remote possibility, because in the other post, comments that I have made, I have said that I wanted SDSU, SMU, MEMPHIS, USF, TULANE, RICE, GONZAGA, BSU, UNLV, FRESNO ST, UTAH ST, APPALANCHIAN STATE, CSU.

I haven't put Marshall in those listings.

And your taking things out of context, and MISSING THE POINT OF THAT YOU GET THE EFFIN BEST FBS MID MAJORS, NO MATTER EFFIN WHAT.

Last edited:

It doesn't matter where they are located, whether China, as it's ABSOLUTELY IMPERATIVE that the PAC gets the best football programs they can get, no matter whether they in China, etc.

As to Marshall, I guess I misremembered, was thinking of another FBS MIDMAJOR Football program that has gone bowling, AN OR has gone to NY6 bowls, AN OR beat Blue bloods, and their name is not popular, remembered, etc, name like others like BSU that have more name recognition, remembrance, etc.

And that's why that get USF, because USF has been comparable to UCF, in the past and is also a MONSTER FOOTBALL PROGRAM.

I don't give a damn where they are located, etc, JUST GIVE ME THE BEST FBS MID MAJOR PROGRAMS ON PLANET IN ORDER TO GET 14 MIL TO 27 MIL PER TEAM, AND TO GET CFP, P5, NY6, etc

As long as that happens, I don't care if their name is the purple polka dots and don't care that they in China, etc.

Mik, they both have some nice moments in their respective histories but as 95 pointed out, neither of these programs are monster MM. and they are across the country. Hate to burst your bubble but there’s zero chance these schools are being considered.

3/4 of the MWC would have rolled App State last year. One win 10 years ago against Michigan and a few FCS playoffs doesn’t put them on anyone’s radar for expansion.

Mik, they both have some nice moments in their respective histories but as 95 pointed out, neither of these programs are monster MM. and they are across the country. Hate to burst your bubble but there’s zero chance these schools are being considered.

3/4 of the MWC would have rolled App State last year. One win 10 years ago against Michigan and a few FCS playoffs doesn’t put them on anyone’s radar for expansion.

The only MWC that would have been competitive, an or beaten Appalachian St in a close game, are, is SDSU, BSU, Fresno St, Utah St, so about 4,5 MWC teams out of about 12 MWC teams, and even if that would have been true LAST 1, ONE YEAR, 7,8,9 years out of 10 years Appalachian State is either extremely close, competitive, an or beats about 3/5's to 2/3's of MWC, most years, about 6,7,8,9 years out of 10 years.

How many FBS MID MAJORS HAVE BEEN BOWLING ABOUT 6,7,8 TIMES IN A DECADE LIKE Appalachian St has?

Answer, very few.

How many FBS MID MAJORS HAVE BEEN BOWLING ABOUT 6,7,8 TIMES IN A DECADE LIKE Appalachian St has?

Answer, very few.
The ones who get fat playing in a weak conference like the Sun Belt, against powerhouses like Georgia Southern and Texas State. Both of which beat Appalachian state in 2022.

App state has made 7 bowls since coming up from FCS. But none of them are games that anyone cares about or watches. The New Orleans bowl was their biggest game. Their biggest win ever was over Michigan 16 years ago, and has zero relevance on their value today. They’re hardly a monster. They’re 86-30 since coming up, which is 0.741. Pretty good…in the Sun Belt. They had a great season in 2019, they went 13-1, with an upset loss to Georgia southern. They capped their great season with a win against UAB in the New Orleans bowl, and finished ranked #19. 13-1. #19.

Their major wins in that time? They beat Idaho 4 times, Toledo twice. Miami of Ohio. Coastal Carolina.

They have played some close openers against big teams - Tennessee, Miami, Penn State. They lost all of those. They beat Texas A&M last year (A&M finished 4-7). That’s probably what has you confused, because when it happened the media made a big deal, calling back to the 2007 Michigan game as if it was relevant in 2022, calling them giant killers because they pulled 2 upsets in 15 years…Against teams that were wildly overrated.

Simple truth - if App state played in the MWC, they’re a .500 team. Maybe less. In a P5 conference, they’re a doormat.

There’s nothing about them that makes them an attractive expansion target. And there’s no such thing as monsters…or monster mid-majors. They’re all mid-majors for a reason.

Reactions: BiggsCoug
The ones who get fat playing in a weak conference like the Sun Belt, against powerhouses like Georgia Southern and Texas State. Both of which beat Appalachian state in 2022.

App state has made 7 bowls since coming up from FCS. But none of them are games that anyone cares about or watches. The New Orleans bowl was their biggest game. Their biggest win ever was over Michigan 16 years ago, and has zero relevance on their value today. They’re hardly a monster. They’re 86-30 since coming up, which is 0.741. Pretty good…in the Sun Belt. They had a great season in 2019, they went 13-1, with an upset loss to Georgia southern. They capped their great season with a win against UAB in the New Orleans bowl, and finished ranked #19. 13-1. #19.

Their major wins in that time? They beat Idaho 4 times, Toledo twice. Miami of Ohio. Coastal Carolina.

They have played some close openers against big teams - Tennessee, Miami, Penn State. They lost all of those. They beat Texas A&M last year (A&M finished 4-7). That’s probably what has you confused, because when it happened the media made a big deal, calling back to the 2007 Michigan game as if it was relevant in 2022, calling them giant killers because they pulled 2 upsets in 15 years…Against teams that were wildly overrated.

Simple truth - if App state played in the MWC, they’re a .500 team. Maybe less. In a P5 conference, they’re a doormat.

There’s nothing about them that makes them an attractive expansion target. And there’s no such thing as monsters…or monster mid-majors. They’re all mid-majors for a reason.
I’m not sure there’s no such thing. Boise State certainly has been over the years. There’s Gonzaga and others like them in BBall. But App State and Marshall are nowhere near that equivalent.

I’m not sure there’s no such thing. Boise State certainly has been over the years. There’s Gonzaga and others like them in BBall. But App State and Marshall are nowhere near that equivalent.
Ok, Gonzaga basketball is an MM monster. Boise state may have approached it, but they’ve faded a bit recently.

Still, being an MM monster is typically kind of like being a grade school bully.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT