ADVERTISEMENT

New verbal

He is a 6'6 215 DE with 4.58 speed.He had several mid major offers and choose the cougs.

This makes me think we will be moving towards a more traditional 4 man front in terms of the 3/4 we had been using in the Breske years.

These are looking like true DE type players.

Preston Hendry - 6-5 -240
(BJ) Thompson - 6'6 215
Joe Tryon - 6-5 - 230
Kelle Sanders - 6-5 - 215

Last year we recruited
Daniel Bender - 6-5 - 215
Derek More - 6-2 - 211
Lyric Bartley - 6-4 - 240
Mason Vinyard - 6-4 - 240

Just looking at that they mostly are around the 6'4 215-240 range which is prime DE size for college. Looking at the NFL rosters the DE position is right around there with a little more weight (265-280 on average)

So this makes me think we are moving to a true 4 man base front (probably will still have a little 3 man front in there for spice, but mostly 4 man front)

If Joe can bring in two DT Poly guys for the interior every year we should have a pretty nasty defensive line front in a few years.

we could start by beating out our NW rivals and those in the conference, smart ass.

It's not enough to just beat them in recruiting. You have to actually coach them to victories. What did Oregon do with all those recruits and facilities?

As for NW kids, you have to show them a consistent winner and a school overly committed to winning. You're not going to beat out Oregon, uw and WSU for players if you haven't been building... see Oregon State and their recent history.

This makes me think we will be moving towards a more traditional 4 man front in terms of the 3/4 we had been using in the Breske years.

(BJ) Thompson - 6'6 215
Joe Tryon - 6-5 - 230

Last year we recruited
Derek More - 6-2 - 211

Just looking at that they mostly are around the 6'4 215-240 range which is prime DE size for college. Looking at the NFL rosters the DE position is right around there with a little more weight (265-280 on average)

So this makes me think we are moving to a true 4 man base front (probably will still have a little 3 man front in there for spice, but mostly 4 man front)

If Joe can bring in two DT Poly guys for the interior every year we should have a pretty nasty defensive line front in a few years.
Add about 40 lbs to the freshmen too as that's the weight they'll be at when they start getting in the field.

Had the same thought, Tron, when seeing them line up these 6-5, 6-6 prospects.

(BJ) Thompson - 6'6 215
Joe Tryon - 6-5 - 230

Last year we recruited
Derek More - 6-2 - 211

It's not enough to just beat them in recruiting. You have to actually coach them to victories. What did Oregon do with all those recruits and facilities?

As for NW kids, you have to show them a consistent winner and a school overly committed to winning. You're not going to beat out Oregon, uw and WSU for players if you haven't been building... see Oregon State and their recent history.

I've read a few stories in recent days on why Oregon has slipped. Many of the ducks' higher profile recruits simply didn't pan out, in part because of injuries. They had another Buckner in the making at d-end (a 6-7, 275-pound 4 star from Hawaii), but injuries forced him to quit. The list goes on and on. When you combine that with what appears to be a lack of development of younger players, you get a last-place team. With all the money in Eugene, there is no tolerance for that. Duck fans don't get too excited about 4-8 the way many Cougar fans did in 2011.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT