ADVERTISEMENT

North Central HS sanctioned

CougDave

Head Coach
Jan 7, 2003
I see that North Central's cross country program has been put on probation by the WIAA. Spokane's version of Bellevue HS I guess. The issue was illegal recruiting of grade school kids. NC has won ten straight state championships - they were not banned from post season though.

Last weekend, WSU bound Justin Janke won both the 1600 and 3200 (4:07 & 8:55) at the 3A state meet to back up his state CC championship from last fall. He holds the North Central school record in the 1600.

Another Spokane kid, Nick Johnson of G-Prep won the high hurdles in 14.05 (he evidently managed to hit all 10 hurdles). Earlier in the year he ran 13.85 which just missed making him the fastest in state history. Johnson will be a decathlete at WSU.

Give me an Fn break. 85%+ of that school is below the poverty line. Let them have something.

G-prep and Stockton have been openly recruiting for years with the WIAA's knowledge and nothing but crickets.

Give me an Fn break. 85%+ of that school is below the poverty line. Let them have something.

G-prep and Stockton have been openly recruiting for years with the WIAA's knowledge and nothing but crickets.
I'm a Shadle grad but I have nothing but love for this sentiment

It's kind of sad the GSL picked on the one school who without a doubt actually DOESN'T recruit in football, baseball or basketball. I am aware of multiple instances where varsity coaches attend games at feeder middle schools of rival high schools and just happen to 'bump' into parents or kids after the game. Same thing with AAU games at the Warehouse. Would make Slick Rick proud.

Add in overzealous parents and youth coaches who start stockpiling talent in youth leagues and steer their crew together to a particular high school - it's much more of a cesspool than many would admit.

Jon Knight is a helluva coach. And when 92% of the runners live in-district that's a joke to single out North Central as the poster child. There are far dirtier program in the GSL than NC.

The head of District 8/GSL is a G-Prep grad. That should give you your first clue on why the Stockton pipeline will never be touched.

G-Prep must be guilty of something ! LOL. (Seriously)...... really........

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT