ADVERTISEMENT

Official Offer season begins today

etowncoug

Hall Of Fame
Apr 15, 2018
August 1st every year is I believe the first day schools are allowed to offer scholarships in writing to students heading into their senior season. It provides an opportunity to see who the staff is still seriously recruiting. I figured I'd compile a list that can be updated as I see WSU official offers posted online.

QB's:
RB's: Jyden King (WSU commit)
WR's: Brendan Rice (uncommitted)
OL's: Julian Ripley (SDSU commit) Ugonna Nnanna (Houston commit), Al Harrison (uncommitted), Dylan Mayginnes (WSU commit)
DL's: Marquise Freeman (uncommitted)
LB's: Tyson Meiguez (Georgia Tech commit), LB Sione Fotu (uncommitted)
DB's: Ronald Delancy (Louisville commit), Jamal Potts (uncommitted), Rodney Robinson (uncommitted)

Last edited:
Reactions: kougkurt
Not a lot of fine print here, but the middle paragraph is how offers disappear.

Grades don't disqualify near as many as they used to a decade ago. High Schools have gotten much better at getting kids who would be borderline additional supports to help them pass. You almost need to try to screw it up now.

The musical chairs that come with everybody committing early is another story. I imagine these kids feel tremendous pressure to commit if a decent offer comes along. It's why I usually have a muted reaction when we get a commit without other P5 offers. Easy for a kid to commit but be eyeing a more prestigious offer.

Not a lot of fine print here, but the middle paragraph is how offers disappear.
Am I reading this right?

“The offer of a full scholarship overs everything allowed by NCAA...”

How does this make it out to the offer sheets? I am embarrassed by letting details like that slide. Especially with a program that supposedly pays attention to small details on the field.

Am I reading this right?

How does this make it out to the offer sheets? I am embarrassed by letting details like that slide. Especially with a program that supposedly pays attention to small details on the field.
Dang

Am I reading this right?

CougEd's new job?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT