ADVERTISEMENT

OT - Yellowstone TV show

Loyal Coug1

Hall Of Fame
Aug 24, 2022
So, as I may have mentioned some time ago, I went to Helena on a lark to be an extra on Yellowstone, damn almost 2 years ago? Fun trip, but my "one in a crowd" clips did not make the actual series. They were idiots.

BUT, I got a text yesterday asking if I could come back to Helena for filming as an extra June 10-11. Regrettably, and though with my incredibly handsome appearance and magnetic aura I would be a shoo-in for a cinematic breakthrough, I chose to decline.

Point is - Yellowstone is filming again! There will be a season 5B to wrap it up. I'm pretty pumped.

So, as I may have mentioned some time ago, I went to Helena on a lark to be an extra on Yellowstone, damn almost 2 years ago? Fun trip, but my "one in a crowd" clips did not make the actual series. They were idiots.

Did you get to hang out off set with Kevin Costner?

That could've been a blast

Best Friends GIF by Saturday Night Live

He's focusing a lot on Horizon. Seems there was drama between he and Sheridan as well.
Well we shall see. Don't see how they can go from him being Governor to him just disappearing. The fact that this June shoot is in Helena (the state capitol) is a good sign.

His Horizon project has not gotten good reviews so far, we will have to wait and see what happens when chapter one and two hit the theatres this summer. Could very well end up being Waterworld or The Postman.

Meanwhile, I am betting that this 6666 spinoff as well as future planned Yellowstone prequels bite the dust. A dusty Texas backdrop with Jimmy being the lead character does not appeal to me. Just my opnion......

Well we shall see. Don't see how they can go from him being Governor to him just disappearing. The fact that this June shoot is in Helena (the state capitol) is a good sign.

His Horizon project has not gotten good reviews so far, we will have to wait and see what happens when chapter one and two hit the theatres this summer. Could very well end up being Waterworld or The Postman.

Meanwhile, I am betting that this 6666 spinoff as well as future planned Yellowstone prequels bite the dust. A dusty Texas backdrop with Jimmy being the lead character does not appeal to me. Just my opnion......
I really didn’t think the Postman was that bad. Waterworks was trash, but most things with Dennis Hopper after 1975 were.

Reactions: 79COUG
I really didn’t think the Postman was that bad. Waterworks was trash, but most things with Dennis Hopper after 1975 were.
The Postman was huge Box Office failure ($20.8M on $80M budget). Agree though, it wasn't that bad. Did it need to be almost as long as Dances with Wolves? Probably not, but IMO I wouldn't put it in the same category as Waterworld.

The Postman was huge Box Office failure ($20.8M on $80M budget). Agree though, it wasn't that bad. Did it need to be almost as long as Dances with Wolves? Probably not, but IMO I wouldn't put it in the same category as Waterworld.
Its length was definitely an issue. Probably should have dropped some of the tangential stories to focus on the primary theme better. Will Patton wasn’t a great villain, but also didn’t really have a lot of screen time. Should have done more with him - and with Tom Petty.

I've never watched a second of Yellowstone. I don't think I have missed anything.
I agree with three words of your post. I'm watching the marathon on Paramount right now. The scene where Beth gets the shit kicked out of her and Rip saves her.

You have never watched a minute? This is the best show EVER. I could watch it a million times.

Reactions: kougkurt
I agree with three words of your post. I'm watching the marathon on Paramount right now. The scene where Beth gets the shit kicked out of her and Rip saves her.

You have never watched a minute? This is the best show EVER. I could watch it a million times.
Better than The Wire? Ain’t seen a lick of Yellowstone but surely you jest.

And Apocalypse Now.
Absolutely Hopper was great in that too. And a really versatile actor. When I think of Apocalypse Now the first thing that comes to mind is Robert Duvall. Absolutely hilarious and brilliant performance. What a truly fantastic movie that is.

Better than The Wire? Ain’t seen a lick of Yellowstone but surely you jest.
After 20 years of watching it on and off I finally finished The Wire last night. One of the good ones for sure. Before that I binged another old one I thought was really good as well - Boardwalk Empire.

And for something new - I recommend The Bear. I’ve tried to explain to people what it’s about but they look at me like I’m crazy and think I must be high if I think a show about a restaurant is any good but trust me - it won’t disappoint if you have some patience.

Reactions: Wazzubrooz
After 20 years of watching it on and off I finally finished The Wire last night. One of the good ones for sure. Before that I binged another old one I thought was really good as well - Boardwalk Empire.

And for something new - I recommend The Bear. I’ve tried to explain to people what it’s about but they look at me like I’m crazy and think I must be high if I think a show about a restaurant is any good but trust me - it won’t disappoint if you have some patience.
S4 of The Wire is TV gold.

The Bear also rocks. S1E7 is incredible (as is S2E6), and having worked in a kitchen, I was feeling some things, ha.

And Apocalypse Now.

And Hoosiers. And, of course, Easy Rider.
I did say most things after 1975. Easy Rider was 1969. He also fit the parts in Speed and True Romance….probably because those weren’t large departures from just being Dennis Hopper.

According to IMDB, he had 209 acting credits. 108 of those were after Hoosiers, and it looks like a lot of them were direct to video.

Same here. I'm guessing it is pretty much "Dallas", V.2.
Not quite. Seasons 1 through 3 were solid TV. Interesting characters good storyline. And Beth’s cleavage.

They should have stopped there.

1883 was legitimately good TV.

Beth taking a bath in the horse trough...👀
You know she’s a Brit? I have no idea how so many of them - especially the women - can drop the accent.

She was Jude Law’s fiancée in the Sherlock Holmes movies, played a junkie in Denzel’s drunk pilot movie.

You know she’s a Brit? I have no idea how so many of them - especially the women - can drop the accent.

She was Jude Law’s fiancée in the Sherlock Holmes movies, played a junkie in Denzel’s drunk pilot movie.
Totally had forgot about Flight.

Fun quick story: I saw The Book of Eli starring Denzel in Pullman with a friend. As you can imagine it wasn't a very full showing, but there were some others taking in the film. After the first scene, where some badass sh*t goes down, someone out loud just shouts "you don't f*** with Denzel!" Made us laugh, but they weren't wrong.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT