ADVERTISEMENT

Ole' Miss 2025

Saw yesterday an Ole Miss board is also speculating.
Well Anne McC must lurk on this site, because as we know the Mighty Loyal One has been crowing Ole Miss from the rooftops ever since Ole Miss's schedule opened up. Bump the North Texas game to Sept 20 when we both have openings, and slide Ole Miss right in on the 13th.

Everyone is welcome for the unmatched insight and foresight of the Wonderful Loyal. :)

Well Anne McC must lurk on this site, because as we know the Mighty Loyal One has been crowing Ole Miss from the rooftops ever since Ole Miss's schedule opened up. Bump the North Texas game to Sept 20 when we both have openings, and slide Ole Miss right in on the 13th.

Everyone is welcome for the unmatched insight and foresight of the Wonderful Loyal. :)
The post said that Ole Miss had finalized their 2025 football schedule. And then this...

"Per a source, Ole Miss and Washington State have agreed to a one-year deal to play in 2025. The game will be played in Oxford, giving the Rebels eight home games for 2025. I don't know the details of the agreement."

I can tell you the details: WSU is going to drink Oxford, MS out of alcohol.

Also, EIGHT home games in a season? Must be nice.

Reactions: 12375CAT
It's WSU, I expect they gave Ole Miss the best deal for Ole Miss, not WSU...

I wish I was joking, but playing UW still exists.

All that said, playing a game at Ole Miss and the Grove would be awesome.
It should be a fun game. I hope our fans who go have a great time, and if we have to do a bodybag game for money or an absence of decent alternatives, this is a decent option. But from a competitive standpoint, having to play this game sucks. Draining due to long travel and getting beaten up in a hot and humid environment. Infinitesimal chance to win. I hope we are getting a lot of money like we would for a true bodybag game scheduled in advance, at least.

Reactions: cr8zyncalif
The post said that Ole Miss had finalized their 2025 football schedule. And then this...

"Per a source, Ole Miss and Washington State have agreed to a one-year deal to play in 2025. The game will be played in Oxford, giving the Rebels eight home games for 2025. I don't know the details of the agreement."

I can tell you the details: WSU is going to drink Oxford, MS out of alcohol.

Also, EIGHT home games in a season? Must be nice.
8 home games, Sounds like a UW schedule

Reactions: Cougini5591
It should be a fun game. I hope our fans who go have a great time, and if we have to do a bodybag game for money or an absence of decent alternatives, this is a decent option. But from a competitive standpoint, having to play this game sucks. Draining due to long travel and getting beaten up in a hot and humid environment. Infinitesimal chance to win. I hope we are getting a lot of money like we would for a true bodybag game scheduled in advance, at least.
Fair take here. Hoping the payout is sizable.

To be fair, Ole Miss has a brutal non-con schedule in 2025, so getting relief from playing mighty Wake Forest was a godsend.

Ole Miss 2025 OOC:
Almost as tough as Ole Miss's 2024 OOC slate:

And again I must question use of the term "body bag" game. WSU longs for a P4 invite, yet playing an (admittedly upper level) P4 school is a body bag game. That term should be relegated to the '80's, along with that horribly offensive "Couged it" term. While we are at it, let's get rid of the degrading and demeaning "Wazzu" moniker. Makes WSU sound like a butthole.

Heh heh - I have mentioned that I was at WSU when Veldon Lane Rawlins instituted the Wazzu ban, to the dismay and anger of Cougs everywhere. :)

So I take full credit for this as I've been crowing about it since WF cancelled. Anne did leave one informational tidbit out. How much are we getting paid? And it's not like that number is never revealed in other team's games. To the contrary.
LEaving it out suggests that the answer is: not enough

Reactions: COUGinNCW
They had us over a barrel. I’m guessing 1.25M. Would have been ~1.7-2.0M if it was scheduled in the normal cycle.

So I take full credit for this as I've been crowing about it since WF cancelled. Anne did leave one informational tidbit out. How much are we getting paid? And it's not like that number is never revealed in other team's games. To the contrary.
Twenty percent off coupon on wallets and BOGO half gallons of Monarch.

Twenty percent off coupon on wallets and BOGO half gallons of Monarch.
Obsessed with me again today, are we Gibby? Nice to see that once again you have nothing to add to any conversation other than try to pick on me (another fail). And to be clear, I believe that, after my many-months-old joke about cheap vodka, I mentioned that I only drink Coors Light these days. But you be you. Does your long-suffering wife wonder why you murmur "Loyal" in your sleep night after night? :)

That said, I see Brand X's article on scheduling Ole Miss it titled "Surprise". Clearly they didn't spend enough time on WW or they would have picked up on what Nostradamus - uh I mean the Far-seeing Loyal One has been preaching/predicting since, well, September 14. And note that the cancellation fee for WF was $1M. Or maybe $750K depending on the actual date the cancellation was communicated.

And to NCW's comment that Ole Miss "had us over a barrel", it seems that they needed to schedule a "Power Conference" OOC game (link below). Which WF is. Apparently, that means that WSU is still technically in a Power conference? So who was over a barrel here?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT