ADVERTISEMENT

OT: No natural gas on the Palouse

Oct 13, 2001
Not fun. Feel very fortunate to heat our home with wood - but having no hot water since yesterday is getting old. Public schools are closed, as is the U of I and numerous restaurants etc.

UPDATE AT 4:59 P.M.:
The natural gas pipeline that was ruptured Wednesday has been repaired, according to a news release from the company that owns the pipeline north of Pullman.
"As of today, the repairs have been successfully completed," Williams Companies said in a news release.

But that won't mean immediate restoration of gas services to the estimated 37,000 customers who have been affected. Avista Utilities must purge the system, then relight gas appliances in a house-by-house process. The company has said that will take an estimated three to five days.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
The natural gas outage affecting the region started when a landowner pulling a plow through a field as he was installing a drainage pipe hit and ruptured the natural gas pipeline north of Pullman near U.S. Highway 195 on Wednesday afternoon.
The incident led to 37,000 Avista customers in southeastern Washington and north central Idaho to lose service.

Moscow Pullman Daily News

Not fun. Feel very fortunate to heat our home with wood - but having no hot water since yesterday is getting old. Public schools are closed, as is the U of I and numerous restaurants etc.

The natural gas pipeline that was ruptured Wednesday has been repaired, according to a news release from the company that owns the pipeline north of Pullman.
"As of today, the repairs have been successfully completed," Williams Companies said in a news release.

But that won't mean immediate restoration of gas services to the estimated 37,000 customers who have been affected. Avista Utilities must purge the system, then relight gas appliances in a house-by-house process. The company has said that will take an estimated three to five days.
The natural gas outage affecting the region started when a landowner pulling a plow through a field as he was installing a drainage pipe hit and ruptured the natural gas pipeline north of Pullman near U.S. Highway 195 on Wednesday afternoon.
The incident led to 37,000 Avista customers in southeastern Washington and north central Idaho to lose service.

It’s alarming how shallow some of these gas lines are buried. Years ago I did work up in the hills between Bickleton and Goldendale, and there are places where it’s not buried at all. They chipped out some rock, rested the pipeline partially in the depression, and piled the rocks next to the pipe.

well damn Julie. I believe that you are married, or I would volunteer to swing your way and keep you warm. :)

Sincerely, pig Loyal Coug

• Haha
Reactions: VandallHuskerJulie
well damn Julie. I believe that you are married, or I would volunteer to swing your way and keep you warm. :)

Sincerely, pig Loyal Coug

Oh Gawd. I'm heading your way right now with my shears to neuter that mutt!

Edit - and I don't mind a pungent girl.

So is this your legendary Don Juan game in action that we have been hearing so much about? 😀 🤣

Reactions: ATACFD
Oh Gawd. Read your own posts. WTF happened to you anyway?

Read my own posts? now thats funny.

Sorry...but you just became creepy over the years.

Your comment about Charlise Ledger Walker is just downright disgusting and inappropriate. That is one of our own.

Pretty F'd up.

People don't come here to hear what 60 yd old men think is a "cutie pie" in every other post. We get it. You are heterosexual. No need to fit "proof" into 95 percent of your posts.

It just F'ing creepy.

I shouldn't have to tell you this.

Read my own posts? now thats funny.

Sorry...but you just became creepy over the years.

Your comment about Charlise Ledger Walker is just downright disgusting and inappropriate. That is one of our own.

Pretty F'd up.

People don't come here to hear what 60 yd old men think is a "cutie pie" in every other post. We get it. You are heterosexual. No need to fit "proof" into 95 percent of your posts.

It just F'ing creepy.

I shouldn't have to tell you this.
Sorry Karen. Guess I need to get my dick and balls cut off like you apparently did.

Hey Julie, if I offended you let us know and I will never post here again.

Sorry Karen. Guess I need to get my dick and balls cut off like you apparently did.

Hey Julie, if I offended you let us know and I will never post here again.
Well..notice how she hasn't been back for starters.

Dick and balls are firmly attached...which is why I am calling you out on your creepiness...as has just about the whole board.

But maybe you need a female to tell you this. So copy and paste your posts that I referenced and show them to your KC friend. See what an objective observer has to say.

Guys, when threads start getting weird I leave. Please continue to argue amongst yourselves if you are so inclined.

BTW unlike some of you I don't lie on this message board. I really am female. I really do live in Moscow, without natural gas at this point. Etc. etc.

Now time to watch some playoff soccer. Go Sounders, go! EBFG!

Reactions: froropmkr72
Guys, when threads start getting weird I leave. Please continue to argue amongst yourselves if you are so inclined.

BTW unlike some of you I don't lie on this message board. I really am female. I really do live in Moscow, without natural gas at this point. Etc. etc.

Thank you Julie. Sorry I got crass, I will try to refrain going forward. Nice to have a lady on the Board. :)

Oh and my daughter lives in Pullman. They have to like unhook then rehook everybody's gas? One house at a time?

I'd like to say "Go Timbers"...but

I'd like to say "Go Timbers"...but
porscum?? Hope you're enjoying your off time and your new coach. (Perhaps Giovanni left one of his lovely scarves for Philip - he always looked so dapper.) Meanwhile the Sounders just beat Dallas and are advancing in the MLC cup playoffs.

Speaking of MLS Cup playoffs (which I was) reminds me that 4 years ago today I was at Century Link/Lumen Field sitting with ECS to see Seattle win their 2nd MLS Cup. Great times!

• Haha
Reactions: froropmkr72
porscum?? Hope you're enjoying your off time and your new coach. (Perhaps Giovanni left one of his lovely scarves for Philip - he always looked so dapper.) Meanwhile the Sounders just beat Dallas and are advancing in the MLC cup playoffs.

Speaking of MLS Cup playoffs (which I was) reminds me that 4 years ago today I was at Century Link/Lumen Field sitting with ECS to see Seattle win their 2nd MLS Cup. Great times!
Heh - I have no idea what you guys/ladies are talking about. Soccer I guess?

It's what most of the world calls "football". Come to grips!!
You still hanging in with us Julie? Now that I've made the last 50 posts, I need to feed my mutt and take her to the park. Although once again I fear the cops because some narc reported me yet again for drinking down there. Same park where a guy was shot and killed last summer. But I am the menace to society.

Gotta get over your way and see my 2nd granddaughter - have not met her at 4 months old. Which reminds me, I need to send money for both of their college funds. Shit.

You still hanging in with us Julie? Now that I've made the last 50 posts, I need to feed my mutt and take her to the park. Although once again I fear the cops because some narc reported me yet again for drinking down there. Same park where a guy was shot and killed last summer. But I am the menace to society.

Gotta get over your way and see my 2nd granddaughter - have not met her at 4 months old. Which reminds me, I need to send money for both of their college funds. Shit.
So you use a post from 10 days ago to make a point.

There was a song by Nilsson that maintained you don’t have to have a point to have a point.

Well..pretty sure if we all ate at that burrito place that Stretch went to, there would be plenty of Natural Gas. Just sayin'
I can confirm that that was certainly the case in Section 7, it was bad all game. And the truth is that NONE of it came from me. I guess I processed the beans well.....

• Haha
Reactions: spongeandshoot
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT