ADVERTISEMENT

Outstanding Effort!

Stretch 74

Hall Of Fame
Jan 6, 2003
A huge "Way to Go", thank you, and congratulations for your bravery to the Kansas City Chiefs fans that tackled and restrained the (or one of?) shooter during the celebration of the Chiefs Super Bowl victory.

Too back they didn't kick the crap out of the guy when they had him on the ground.

A huge "Way to Go", thank you, and congratulations for your bravery to the Kansas City Chiefs fans that tackled and restrained the (or one of?) shooter during the celebration of the Chiefs Super Bowl victory.

Too back they didn't kick the crap out of the guy when they had him on the ground.
OMG. I leave for 3 hours and come back to this. Latest I see is 1 dead and 22 shot, including numerous children? Of course an hour ago NBC said there were no children shot.

OMG. I leave for 3 hours and come back to this. Latest I see is 1 dead and 22 shot, including numerous children? Of course an hour ago NBC said there were no children shot.
I had been hearing 10-12 shot, then up to 15, and just heard update saying 22, with now 2 people dead. Toll may get higher, as they say several are in critical condition.

I had been hearing 10-12 shot, then up to 15, and just heard update saying 22, with now 2 people dead. Toll may get higher, as they say several are in critical condition.
Reports of the 2nd death appear to be a little squishy. Not confirmed yet at any of the sources I’ve seen.
Last I read, 22 shot including 1 dead. 8 critical, and at least 9 children. 3 now in custody.
From pictures I’ve seen, it’s frankly amazing there aren’t more. Almost a million people in downtown KC. You’d have to try pretty hard to miss.

Think I'll just step away from the news sites for a few hours until the dust settles. 3 in custody - were they shooters? We'll get the news eventually......

Feels like a planned terrorist attack....
Under a broad definition of “terrorist,” certainly. Under the traditionally accepted definition…I doubt it.

Original reports made me think it might be gangbangers shooting at each other. 22 people hit doesn’t support that. My current thought is some homegrown crackpots with a thrown-together plan who thought they could get away. KC police chief indicates there was a pursuit.

In slightly positive news, it was just announced that the child victims - between 6 and 15 years old - are all expected to be OK. At least…physically.

Latest update -

The whole thing was a "personal dispute" between a couple of teenagers.

It's completely beyond me how something like that ends with 22 people shot - including 11 kids. And now, at least one teenager is going to be looking at a murder charge.

Stupid.

And...how does a minor teenager get his hands on a gun and put rounds into 22 people in a few seconds? Something needs to get fixed there too.

Latest update -

The whole thing was a "personal dispute" between a couple of teenagers.

It's completely beyond me how something like that ends with 22 people shot - including 11 kids. And now, at least one teenager is going to be looking at a murder charge.

Stupid.

And...how does a minor teenager get his hands on a gun and put rounds into 22 people in a few seconds? Something needs to get fixed there too.
Nothing to be done. This is the bargain we've mostly all agreed to. Guns for lack of public safety. That's all I have to say about that

Great place to settle a gang dispute. Can’t those dipshits shoot each other when there’s no kids/other innocent bystanders hanging around?
There needed to be more guns in the crowd, that would have made them safer.

There needed to be more guns in the crowd, that would have made them safer.
I know you’re being sarcastic here. Funny that with 600 good guys with guns there, it was a couple of unarmed and probably half drunk parade goers who eliminated the threat.

Nothing to be done. This is the bargain we've mostly all agreed to. Guns for lack of public safety. That's all I have to say about that

I own several rifles and am generally pro-gun ownership. That said, the attitude of the 2nd amendment crowd baffles me.

It essentially boils down to, “I am comfortable sacrificing the lives of children so that anyone, even a mentally unstable person, can have completely unrestricted access to guns”.

I understand that there is legitimate concern that Democrats, given the chance, will go too far on gun control but pushing the pendulum to the limit in the opposite direction is not a good solution either.

The fact that delusional twats were trying to justify bump stocks as “necessary to deter a tyrannical government” a few years ago was all the proof I needed to see that stupidity was running the discussion.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT