ADVERTISEMENT

Pac-12 Assets, speed of Clarity

WaltherPPK

Redshirt
Sep 8, 2014
Spokane
So - Oregon State AD Barnes says he's "frustrated" with the speed of clarity regarding Pac-12 assets ! !

This according to an Oregon.live article - updated Sept 5 !

And just where the HELL are WSU's leaders when it comes to the same sort of frustration ? ! ? ! I have NO sense that the Administration has even a remotely similar sense of urgency regarding the need to get the asset issue understood ! 9/10's of these "lawyers" today are nothing more than failed students of ANY other field of study ! The relevant documents are what they are written ! It's English, words have meaning and a connection of words creates a sentence that SHOULD NOT allow for "interpretation" ! Unless, of course, the document was written by a "lawyer" with intent to insure future, further employment !

**** them all and at the same time WSU's administration needs to be FLUSHED now ! !

Nothing but crickets from the Prez and AD ! AD Barnes has a pair, and intelligence - WSU ??????

Oh and for the Apple cup ?, forget about it, it is O V E R ! The left of liberal scum at dog U can go **** themselves - WSU never plays Inslee's lap dogs again !

Reactions: Cougini5591
My guess is they have a good idea on things (assets) and are now having an outside legal team review and provide an "opinion." The Pac-12 will likely distribute that opinion to all existing members, or a subset whom "violated" Pac-12 bylaws, and ultimately work on some sort of settlement agreement. No one wants to see a legal public battle in this manner.

My guess is they have a good idea on things (assets) and are now having an outside legal team review and provide an "opinion." The Pac-12 will likely distribute that opinion to all existing members, or a subset whom "violated" Pac-12 bylaws, and ultimately work on some sort of settlement agreement. No one wants to see a legal public battle in this manner.
Why not? Let it all hang out in discovery.

Find out who the real backstabbers were.

I'd like to see some discovery, what university is the professor and President from that were convinced the Pac 12 was worth 50 million a year per university? Who voted no at 30 million a year. Who said you can take us all into the Big 12 except WSU and OSU. When did Oregon and Washington actually have a tentative deal to go to the Big 10 that was ready to go once the contract with Apple was announced. And I am sure there are a lot more.

I'd like to see some discovery, what university is the professor and President from that were convinced the Pac 12 was worth 50 million a year per university? Who voted no at 30 million a year. Who said you can take us all into the Big 12 except WSU and OSU. When did Oregon and Washington actually have a tentative deal to go to the Big 10 that was ready to go once the contract with Apple was announced. And I am sure there are a lot more.
100% agree....but also I think underscores that UW doesn't want to share publicly any dirty laundry. The additional media money is small in comparison to their total revenue annually.

So - Oregon State AD Barnes says he's "frustrated" with the speed of clarity regarding Pac-12 assets ! !

This according to an Oregon.live article - updated Sept 5 !

And just where the HELL are WSU's leaders when it comes to the same sort of frustration ? ! ? ! I have NO sense that the Administration has even a remotely similar sense of urgency regarding the need to get the asset issue understood ! 9/10's of these "lawyers" today are nothing more than failed students of ANY other field of study ! The relevant documents are what they are written ! It's English, words have meaning and a connection of words creates a sentence that SHOULD NOT allow for "interpretation" ! Unless, of course, the document was written by a "lawyer" with intent to insure future, further employment !

**** them all and at the same time WSU's administration needs to be FLUSHED now ! !

Nothing but crickets from the Prez and AD ! AD Barnes has a pair, and intelligence - WSU ??????

Oh and for the Apple cup ?, forget about it, it is O V E R ! The left of liberal scum at dog U can go **** themselves - WSU never plays Inslee's lap dogs again !
How do you discuss permutations and nuance with someone who is clearly thinking like a petulant 13 year old?

You don't, but I'll try. Did you know, whether WSU/OSU are the conference remainderman, may be dependant on the actions (voting) of NCAA rules and competition committee? Of course not. To try to explain it at a secondary ed level -- the Pac-12 bylaws are effectively a subset of the NCAA bylaws, as the overall governing/sanctioning authority, which in turn, must comply with federal law, possibly state law, depending on how it is structured. Don't you think that the NCAA might have a say, or at least might think it has a say, in bowl tie ins, where its basketball tourney and football playoff money goes, whether it will recognize and permit the Pac-2 to create the new and improved Pac-12? Ultimately, they are the sanctioning body, if you want to continue to play NCAA sport (Trump card).

Leave it to the pros -- you know, guys with at least seven years of post secondary ed, at least 3 year studying complex shit known as "the law," who have passed bar exams, and who have years of post graduate experience and training in permutations and nuance.

How do you discuss permutations and nuance with someone who is clearly thinking like a petulant 13 year old?

You don't, but I'll try. Did you know, whether WSU/OSU are the conference remainderman, may be dependant on the actions (voting) of NCAA rules and competition committee? Of course not. To try to explain it at a secondary ed level -- the Pac-12 bylaws are effectively a subset of the NCAA bylaws, as the overall governing/sanctioning authority, which in turn, must comply with federal law, possibly state law, depending on how it is structured. Don't you think that the NCAA might have a say, or at least might think it has a say, in bowl tie ins, where its basketball tourney and football playoff money goes, whether it will recognize and permit the Pac-2 to create the new and improved Pac-12? Ultimately, they are the sanctioning body, if you want to continue to play NCAA sport (Trump card).

Leave it to the pros -- you know, guys with at least seven years of post secondary ed, at least 3 year studying complex shit known as "the law," who have passed bar exams, and who have years of post graduate experience and training in permutations and nuance.
Guaranteed - all of the terms of the bylaws were vetted by attorneys of the conference members to ensure it met applicable state and federal law.

As for NCAA dictating how their money is distributed- yes. But they can’t change the terms retroactively. They’ll no doubt make changes applicable after the conference folds in 2024, but distribution for 22-24 must follow the terms in place at that time.

Reactions: mikalalas

Basketball yes. But football post season is largely, if not entirely, outside of the NCAA's purview for FBS teams.

Agree with ttown's various posts. WSU has a good idea of the ballpark range that they can claim the league assets are worth. As with any appraisal of value, there will be "best case" and "worst case" figures. Part of what you pay the attorneys for at this point is their support of your view of those figures. "Discovery" is a bit of an odd duck, especially if you don't really know what you are looking for. The better the desired end proofs are understood, the more effective "discovery" will be. So the longer you can take to develop the target, the more accurate the shots you fire will be. And completely agree that those with the most to hide will have the least appetite for any sort of exploration of the facts. UW is far from the worst...imagine for a moment how USC would defend Carol Folt's killing of the PAC 20 if it could be proven that the SC/B10 merger talks were already secretely under weigh at that point? And I have to believe that Whoregon, as the biggest cheater in the PAC, has many things to hide. But UW certainly has things that would be extremely awkward for them should they see the light of day.

100% agree....but also I think underscores that UW doesn't want to share publicly any dirty laundry. The additional media money is small in comparison to their total revenue annually.
UW and Oregon have always been cheaters. They had a plan all along of backstabbing the conference members just like USC and UCLA

Reactions: Coug90
I would love to see a show of hands who on this board believes Bob Ferguson will sue UW on behalf of Shultz and Chun.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT