ADVERTISEMENT

PAC 12 not so weak

ElComanche

Hall Of Fame
Sep 28, 2007
It is interesting that some fans tried to say that WSU's record in the PAC 12 was due to a weak league. Well the league is looking strong so far in the Big Dance

I agree with the UCLA statement but other teams loke Oregon,Arizona and Utah have really earned their victories. UCLA never should have been picked and they should have been out in round one

Originally posted by ElComanche:
I agree with the UCLA statement but other teams loke Oregon,Arizona and Utah have really earned their victories. UCLA never should have been picked and they should have been out in round one
I disagree that UCLA got a gift against SMU. Yes, the goaltending call "looked" wrong, but by the letter of the rule, the refs got it right. If the SMU player had known where he was and the basket was, he shouldn't have tried to block the ball.

This is the same argument others have compellingly made about SEC in football, where the top teams are good but the rest of the conference somewhat mediocre. There is one heck of a dropoff, IMO, from the four Pac-12 schools who got into the Dance and those that didn't. All in all, I still say the conference wasn't strong regardless of what the top four do in the tournament.

By the way, I think Oregon got a gift too by getting to play an OK State team that had lost 7 of its last 8, had a losing record in a weak Big-12 conference, and had won only 18 games overall. How the Cowboys ended up being a #9 seed is beyond me. But good for the Ducks....we'll see how they do vs. Wisconsin.

Glad Cougar

I think that Wisconsin will beat them easily.

Still though, nice season for Oregon. Wisconsin is just that good.

Well the cougs played well against the top four especially late in the season.Teams like Cal and OSU are not bad. i believe that the PAC 12 was 9-0 in post season play at one time.They are looking strong.

Wisconsin beat Oregon 72-62 in a close fought game which was not decided until the last few minutes. I wonder who else Oregon lost to this season? The Pac 12 was a tough league this year.The naysayers have post season results to show how wong they are.

Originally posted by ElComanche:
Wisconsin beat Oregon 72-62 in a close fought game which was not decided until the last few minutes. I wonder who else Oregon lost to this season? The Pac 12 was a tough league this year.The naysayers have post season results to show how wong they are.
Well, at least the naysayers are saying something. This board has been absolutely dead pretty much all season. Amazingly, there were no posts about the team, despite the Cougs OT win vs. Colorado, either building up to the Pac-12 tournament game or after the team bombed vs. Cal. So even the naysayers didn't care enough to say something negative about that performance. My biggest fear for the program has been apathy, not fans who are critical. Ken Bone killed the fan support for this program. I hope Ernie can bring it back, but it's going to take more than one season, apparently.

Glad Cougar

Yes it is going to take more than one season. What has been lacking is an explosive fan favorite type of player. I think that lacy was good but not spectaular type of player. if there are one or two of theses types of players around they have not made themselves known yet.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT