ADVERTISEMENT

Pac-2 Media Day ~ tonight from the Bellagio...

M-I-Coug

Hall Of Fame
Oct 13, 2002
Scottsdale, AZ

5:30pm tonight. No live feed, so we'll have to catch it on YouTube...​

WSU Football: Jake Dickert and company to join OSU in Vegas for one-of-a-kind Pac-12 Media Day​

Brock Craven SWX Local Sports Digital DirectorJul 10, 2024
LAS VEGAS, Nev. - Football season is right around the corner, bringing new beginnings for the two remaining schools in the Pac-12: Washington State and Oregon State.

The Pac-12 Conference is still holding its annual media day in Las Vegas, but with WSU and OSU being the only remaining schools in the conference, it will feel more like a cocktail party than a traditional media day.

With Oregon, UW, USC, and UCLA officially in the Big Ten, Arizona, ASU, Colorado, and Utah in the Big 12, and Stanford and Cal in the ACC, the Pac-12 is calling their media day "After Hours with the Beavs and Cougs," with the theme "Welcome to the Fight: Past, Present & Future."

The event will take place at the Bellagio Hotel in Las Vegas at 5:30 p.m. on Wednesday and will still include the usual Q&A session, with both schools focusing on the upcoming football season and discussing the past, present, and future.

Head Coach Jake Dickert will be joined by veteran linebacker Kyle Thornton and second-year WSU wide receiver Kyle Williams. Newly promoted Washington State Athletic Director Anne McCoy will also attend media day, along with former WSU and NFL quarterbacks Ryan Leaf and Jack Thompson.

Thornton will enter his fifth season as a Coug and is coming off his best season yet in the Crimson and Gray. Last year, the 6-foot-1, 222-pound linebacker led the team with 87 total tackles, 35 of which were solo, and added one sack, one pass deflection, and one forced fumble.

Williams, who transferred to WSU last season after spending his first three years at UNLV, enters his second season under Dickert and offensive coordinator Ben Arbuckle in 2024. Last year, Williams was tied for second in receptions with 61 and racked up the third-most yards with 842, along with six touchdowns.

The Cougs arrived in Sin City for the cocktail party-style media day on a private charter flight provided by Diane Brelsford, a longtime booster for Washington State.

With the Pac-12 Network no longer in use, the "After Hours with the Beavs and Cougs" media day will not be televised.

Forgive me while I ponder the irony of a media day that’s not televised….
Hope Gloria, our future Commissioner, gets an invite.....

Edit - MW has their media days in Vegas as well. Odds are Gloria and the head-up-ass Pac-2 leaders will walk away with the reverse merger in hand. Teresa will do just fine as an assistant Commissioner, if she wants to move to Colorado Springs. My hometown coincidently enough. Pikes Peak, Garden of the Gods. Future home of the Alaska Air PacMtn-14.

The incredibly handsome and still virile (no blue pills needed here) Loyal One will take a bullet and volunteer to be Gloria's unpaid personal assistant, attending to her every need.

Last edited:
Reactions: Meister_Rebel
Coincidence that the MWC and Pac-2 in Vegas same days for their football media presentations? Probably not.

This link takes you to our board conversation for our football preseason poll.

Last edited:
Reactions: ATACFD
Coincidence that the MWC and Pac-2 in Vegas same days for their football media presentations? Probably not.

This link takes you to our board conversation for our football preseason poll.

Wow. First of all she is smoking hot. Second, she needs to be the Commissioner of the new Alaska Air PacMtn Conference. She is outstanding. Worth the half hour to watch.

Wow. First of all she is smoking hot. Second, she needs to be the Commissioner of the new Alaska Air PacMtn Conference. She is outstanding. Worth the half hour to watch.

I still think there’s something in the works - maybe even just about completed - but they’ve got to keep it quiet for 3 more weeks to avoid the 10 traitors claiming that we also left the conference.

MWC, Gloria Nevarez, and Tera Gould, PAC leadership might probably very well hold a joint thing, and very well might probably do a top 9 MWC, leave bottom 3 MWC behind, which is free, cost nothing, type of reverse merger.

I can easily see the top 9 voting to dissolve the conference, leaving the bottom 3 behind, and forcing Gloria Nevares, other MWC teams to go along, and then top 9 reverse merger.

As is the MWC conference needs to only have top 9 MWC, plus WSU, OSU in conference, if they want to be the "top 5 FBS, 5th best FBS conference, etc, as if MWC stays the way it is, or if the whole MWC joins, reverse mergers with PAC, instead of only the top 9 merging with PAC, then the MWC would still be about tied with the AAC, and would be tied for 6th, 7th best FBS conference with AAC, if it doesn't have the top 9 merge with PAC, and leave bottom 3 MWC behind.

Because of that, it's a real thing that the MWC, PAC, leadership in both conferences have the top 9 MWC merge with PAC, and leave bottom 3 MWC behind, and add ACC leftovers, SMU, Cal, Memphis, Tulane, USF, UTSA, NDSU, to become the 5th best FBS conference behind SEC, BIG 10, BIG 12, ACC(If it survives)

That's the ONLY WAY the MWC becomes the 5th best FBS conference behind the SEC, BIG 10, BIG 12, ACC(Assuming it survives).

And the MWC needs the PAC in a 9 team reverse merger with the PAC to become the 5th best FBS, more then the PAC needs MWC, because there is still a chance of PAC, WSU, OSU, joining the ACC(Remember according to a actual, credible real news service, real news reporter(I forget the name(I posted the link in other thread, etc), the ACC has a conditional contingency offer, plan to get WSU, OSU, and others(Whether Memphis, Tulane, etc), to help rebuild ACC, should FSU, Clemson, North Carolina, Virginia, Miami, etc, leave the ACC), and WSU, OSU, might go to Big 12, after Yormark is done with ACC, etc.

Of course those things might not happen, and WSU, OSU, PAC, might be gambling on that, those things maybe happening to try to better leverage, negotiate, etc, with the MWC.

If WSU, OSU goes to ACC, Big 12, then MWC, will be hurt by that.

And if MWC, says to take a hike to PAC, WSU, OSU, and then if WSU, OSU do not goto ACC, Big 12, then WSU, OSU, hurt.

So both MWC, PAC need each other, and it's in the best interest of both the MWC, and the PAC to do a 6,7,8,9 team reverse merger, and to leave the bottom MWC teams behind, and then try to add Memphis, Tulane, UTSA, USF, then try to get SMU, from ACC, after it starts to fall apart, and add NDSU.

So because of that, I wouldn't be surprised if the MWC, PAC, Gloria, Teresa, etc, COMPROMISED, and have the top 6,7,8,9 reverse merger with, into PAC, with Gloria, being the new Commissioner, with Gloria, MWC, having charge of the PAC BRAND, because of PAC leadership constantly screwing, messing things up, etc, and that that might happen on, at, during a joint MWC, PAC thing.

Wouldn't surprise me at all if that happened.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT