ADVERTISEMENT

Part II: "By 2026 there's a 99% chance WSU & OSU is in the Big 12"

M-I-Coug

Hall Of Fame
Oct 13, 2002
Mercer Island

ESPN Will Officially Expand Washington State, Oregon State Into the Big 12 | "There's a 99% Chance."​

NOTE: Topic ends at 8:36.

Are we going to have a 24/25 scheduling agreement with them? Cause otherwise I don’t see how we work with MW these next two years and then go Big12

Reactions: kougkurt
Are we going to have a 24/25 scheduling agreement with them? Cause otherwise I don’t see how we work with MW these next two years and then go Big12
The mountain west would be happy to schedule games to fill out schedules for the right price. Would give them exposure and a payday each week. Osu and WSU could probably get full schedules, 8 games each for $10M or so no strings attached.

Since WSU and OSU are hugely Seattle and Portland markets respectively and since the B1G has, by virtue of poaching uw and ou expanded to those markets, why wouldn't the BIG 12 make a similar play by adding each of us? As it is, they are cut off from these potential eyeballs. It seems such a no-brainer from not just this standpoint, but geographically, philosophically, and culturally. That's all I have to say about that

Since WSU and OSU are hugely Seattle and Portland markets respectively and since the B1G has, by virtue of poaching uw and ou expanded to those markets, why wouldn't the BIG 12 make a similar play by adding each of us? As it is, they are cut off from these potential eyeballs. It seems such a no-brainer from not just this standpoint, but geographically, philosophically, and culturally. That's all I have to say about that
Because ESPN and Fox were telling the Big XII that OSU and WSU would not add enough value to keep the Big XII school's slice of the pie the same size or make it larger.

Hopefully the rumors are true. We shall see.

Because ESPN and Fox were telling the Big XII that OSU and WSU would not add enough value to keep the Big XII school's slice of the pie the same size or make it larger.

Got it. Yeah they should stick to their current plan of shitty programs in smaller and disinterested (AZ) markets. Great strategy.

Where is anyone seeing these rumors?

Got it. Yeah they should stick to their current plan of shitty programs in smaller and disinterested (AZ) markets. Great strategy.
I guess I can understand the strategy on paper, it's just a flawed strategy. Unfortunately we take the biggest initial hit.

This is how we get shitty representatives in government. People are willing to believe anything that some guy says on his YouTube channel, even when there's no evidence, no support, and no corroboration.

ESPN Will Officially Expand Washington State, Oregon State Into the Big 12 | "There's a 99% Chance."​

Great find M.I. ... Thanks for sharing.

I know some of the best posters here have suggested that WSU will be irreparably damaged by the Pac-12's dissolution, but I still think the Cougs (and Beavs) are gonna land on their feet in the Big 12.

It's gonna be a fantastic fit!

giphy.gif

Reactions: M-I-Coug
Mr. Mafia makes some very good points. However...he assumes that just because those points make sense, that they will happen. That may not prove out.

I thought his most salient point was that it was in the B12's best interest to add the 2 teams. He gave a couple of reasons, but ultimately, if it happens it will be because the B12 felt that it was best for themselves. And he actually made at least the beginning of a pretty good case for that.

Mr. Mafia makes some very good points. However...he assumes that just because those points make sense, that they will happen. That may not prove out.

I thought his most salient point was that it was in the B12's best interest to add the 2 teams. He gave a couple of reasons, but ultimately, if it happens it will be because the B12 felt that it was best for themselves. And he actually made at least the beginning of a pretty good case for that.
I mean you’re adding two top 20 teams to a conference that is sucking hind tit right now. One of which has been a bowl team every year, the other is now on that path. And you’re adding the Seattle and Portland markets. WTF is the downside if you are the big12 right now. Your conference looks like shit, add two good teams and two good markets. No F’n brainer.

I mean you’re adding two top 20 teams to a conference that is sucking hind tit right now. One of which has been a bowl team every year, the other is now on that path. And you’re adding the Seattle and Portland markets. WTF is the downside if you are the big12 right now. Your conference looks like shit, add two good teams and two good markets. No F’n brainer.
That is a good summary of what he said, 90. The only hindrance would be whether ESPN wants to fund that change. If not, some combination of B12 and the PAC2 has to come up with the money. Just one more reason why the distribution of the PAC2 assets is important.

The overlords have to agree to foot the bill first.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT