ADVERTISEMENT

Politics, stock picks, inflation and “You’re nothing butta..” thread

UberCougars

Team Captain
Nov 5, 2015
I thought I’d start a thread for the negative dim-witted trolls who frequent this message board to infect game threads and Cougar basketball discussion with inane political dribble with the faint hope they keep their chit-posts contained here so the rest of us can discuss

Exciting Cougar Basketball in this forum.

I thought I’d start a thread for the negative dim-witted trolls who frequent this message board to infect game threads and Cougar basketball discussion with inane political dribble with the faint hope they keep their chit-posts contained here so the rest of us can discuss

OK I'll bite. On my part, I will refrain from any political talk regardless of how inflamed I may get by reading our right (and left) winged friends' ridiculous, factless ramblings.

Now this NET bullshit. I have tried to not look at this ridiculousness. We are apparently still at 37 after Saturday. I won't even try to explain it. And f-ing gonzaga is up to 17 with their stellar 3-5 Quadrant 1 record? And St. Mary's is a notch above them even though they just lost to them yesterday? What a bunch of f-ing crap.

OK I'll bite. On my part, I will refrain from any political talk regardless of how inflamed I may get by reading our right (and left) winged friends' ridiculous, factless ramblings.

Now this NET bullshit. I have tried to not look at this ridiculousness. We are apparently still at 37 after Saturday. I won't even try to explain it. And f-ing gonzaga is up to 17 with their stellar 3-5 Quadrant 1 record? And St. Mary's is a notch above them even though they just lost to them yesterday? What a bunch of f-ing crap.

Yes it's crap. But when WSU beats UW and goes 2-1, 3-1 in PAC 12 tourney, and finish 30-33 in the NET, WSU would still get a 3,4 seed, in NCAA tourny, because the selection committee is not slaves to NET, and use NET to guide them, but they are allowed to use their own judgement and have their own judgement override NET.

What the selection committee will go by is a WSU team that win 16 out of their last 19 games(included in that is assuming WSU beats UW, goes 2-1, 3-1 in PAC 12 tourny), Quad 1/Quad 2/High Quality wins: Arizona 2 times, Oregon 1, Utah 1, Colorado 1, BSU 1, UCLA 1, WSU is about, around 6-3, 7-3 vs HIGH QUALITY teams, and WSU's loss vs High Quality MSU, was a close loss, and Oregon, a High Quality team was a close loss as well.

Selection committee will go by that instead of 30-33 NET, and will probably seed WSU as a 3,4,5 seed, instead of a 7,8,9 seed that a 30-33 NET would normally get.

Yes it's crap. But when WSU beats UW and goes 2-1, 3-1 in PAC 12 tourney, and finish 30-33 in the NET, WSU would still get a 3,4 seed, in NCAA tourny, because the selection committee is not slaves to NET, and use NET to guide them, but they are allowed to use their own judgement and have their own judgement override NET.

What the selection committee will go by is a WSU team that win 16 out of their last 19 games(included in that is assuming WSU beats UW, goes 2-1, 3-1 in PAC 12 tourny), Quad 1/Quad 2/High Quality wins: Arizona 2 times, Oregon 1, Utah 1, Colorado 1, BSU 1, UCLA 1, WSU is about, around 6-3, 7-3 vs HIGH QUALITY teams, and WSU's loss vs High Quality MSU, was a close loss, and Oregon, a High Quality team was a close loss as well.

Selection committee will go by that instead of 30-33 NET, and will probably seed WSU as a 3,4,5 seed, instead of a 7,8,9 seed that a 30-33 NET would normally get.
#4 or 5 and playing in Spokane would be a godsend. Or a just reward.

Reactions: Coug90
Would be incredible and well within reach right now. Nobody answered my question about where the different seeds play but from the brackets I’ve seen Spokane has 4 seed and 5 seed matchups so there’s certainly a legit shot right now!

Selfishly....I'm hoping that we get put in South so I can go down to Dallas and watch them if they make it to the second weekend. CBS thinks that we'll be in Omaha on the first weekend as a #6 seed. Bad news there is that would have us facing KU in the 2nd round. I don't need that kind of stress in my life.

Great idea! Too bad the off topic thread got infected with basketball talk.

Did you guys all see how that works?

Reactions: ATACFD
Selfishly....I'm hoping that we get put in South so I can go down to Dallas and watch them if they make it to the second weekend. CBS thinks that we'll be in Omaha on the first weekend as a #6 seed. Bad news there is that would have us facing KU in the 2nd round. I don't need that kind of stress in my life.

KU has gotten beat, upset about 2,3 times in row, the last 3,4,5 weeks by BYU, other teams, etc. KU is probably going to be one of the weaker higher 1,2,3 seeds, so WSU playing them would not be as bad as other worse draws.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT