ADVERTISEMENT

POLL: All white unis in the AC?

Voted yes but I miss the old days when we busted out the all red pants and jerseys every other year... Only for Apple Cup.

I voted no because I dont want the huskies wearing their purple jerseys in Pullman

If it snows.....could you imagine the uproar from the Husky fans? Our defenders would blend in and their defenders would be highlighted.

Originally posted by E Jones:

I voted no because I dont want the huskies wearing their purple jerseys in Pullman
That's exactly right. I'm shocked that some of our fans would want us NOT to wear crimson for a home apple cup.

Originally posted by CougPatrol:

That's exactly right. I'm shocked that some of our fans would want us NOT to wear crimson for a home apple cup.
Huskies can wear pink and purple polk-a-dots for all I care, as long as we win the game.

The only tradition WSU has is losing, including Apple Cups. There is nothing to protect in terms of football.

Look good or don't, just win the game.

Originally posted by SCglory:
10 days out so.....but right now: high of 31, only 20% chance of snow
Like many, I'll be driving a ton that weekend. Clear skies and clear roads are fine with me.

Originally posted by wazzucougs96:

One of many good reasons why the all whites suck.
I don't get this. You're in the vast minority with this opinion. At first I didn't like the idea of them, but then I saw them on the field.

The all whites we have this year are really sharp. The players love them. Most fans have warmed up to them.

But not to be worn for AC.

Originally posted by CrimsonWazzu:

I don't get this. You're in the vast minority with this opinion. At first I didn't like the idea of them, but then I saw them on the field.

The all whites we have this year are really sharp. The players love them. Most fans have warmed up to them.

I agree. I was not a fan of the all whites when I heard about them, but changed my mind when I saw them.
But save them for other home games. Maybe even break them out at next years apple cup in Seattle.

if you're taking I-90......

http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/l/USWA0413:1:US

40% chance of PM snow on Snoq

Here's the thing: I don't really GAF if I am in the vast minority. And that has nothing to do with the fact that UW should never be allowed to wear their home purple in our stadium.

So then you have no taste.

Also, should I get off your lawn?
I have taste. It's just different from every other trend following team out there. At least we skipped the all black fad and (kind of) caught up to the all white fad. So there's that.

I like the all whites. Odd look for a home game, though, especially the AC (notwithstanding them looking good in that Oregon game). Crimson and gray.

The script. Crimson and Gray.

I do like the all whites though. Toss the all gray and we're golden.

Although I do love the all whites, I have been waiting patiently for a return to the grey helmet, crimson jersey and crimson pants look for Apple Cup.

One can dream...

Originally posted by CPtheCoug:

Although I do love the all whites, I have been waiting patiently for a return to the grey helmet, crimson jersey and crimson pants look for Apple Cup.

One can dream...
I can do this. Pure classic. I just can't get behind the full crimson with the crimson helmet. If our crimson helmet matched...then I'd take another look at my view.

And as someone mentioned, the script helmet. Surprised we haven't added it to the new gray helmet - instead of the "ghost" helmet that we've never seen in a game; punz.

I'll settle for anything other than chrome helmets. please for the love of butch t...never go down that godawful road. Huskies looked like wanna be Ducks last weekend...terrible.

I like them. The helmet just needs an oversized logo.

I like the look of the whites, but for the Apple Cup.... Crimson jersey, with gray scripted Cougars helment.

Agreed. This is my number one choice. Especially if it's a grey helmet with the script.
Originally posted by CPtheCoug:

One can dream...

We're not Whoregon (thank goodness) with all the crazy looks, we're not stanford or texas with the ALL white look. The Apple cup is special and needs a blend of school colors, not something weird like what the ducks would do..... just because one can doesn't mean they should. School colors for the Apple Cup. Besides, I don't want all crappy purple jerseys in Martin Stadium,,,, I might have to vomit if that happens.

Look like they have Christmas ornaments on their heads. I'd like white lids crimson jerseys and white pants.

I'd be open to see what a silver chrome helmet (with crimson cougars script) looks like.

But have no fear, I tweeted Moos during one of his radio shows and when he read it he laughed and said there were no plans for a chrome helmet.

Originally posted by spongebob11:
The script. Crimson and Gray.

I do like the all whites though. Toss the all gray and we're golden.
Yes, I'm also a fan of the Jack Thompson script helmets. The all gray are the nastiest things....MAN they're ugly.

This post was edited on 11/21 8:06 PM by froropmkr72

JT on S&S cover

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT