ADVERTISEMENT

Post-game musings and questions

Loyal Coug1

Hall Of Fame
Gold Member
Aug 24, 2022
ESPN sez our attendance was 24, 808. WTH happened to "only 1,500 tickets left"?

This, IMHO, turned out to be a great game to prep for BSU and beyond. Shitloads of plays, fantastic job of not giving up and making plays when it counted. An extra day to prepare, and the team should all be watching BSU tonight and taking notes.

We will hopefully hit the top 25 in one or both polls. #22 Nebraska and #22 N. Illinois (Who The F are they?) both lost.

AAC reports are that it will take $27M in exit fees for schools to leave by 7/1/26. About the same as the MW poaching plus exit fees (I know, I'm repeating myself). And to repeat again, we need to get moving on getting UNLV and one other MW school to get to 8. The AAC options can wait. Unless we have a secret handshake deal to wait until they collect some poaching, etc. $ from the MW.

Continue to worry about our 2025 schedule. Have we called Ole Miss? Cal? Stanford? Or are Teresa and Anne too busy congratulating themselves on our unfinished realignment business and spending a ton of our money in the process? I refuse to give them any credit until we finish the deal(s). IMHO, fill our schedule with away money games (gotta be some P4 teams beyond Ole Miss who could make room for us). Problem there is that it seems like the SEC, etc. pay major bucks to their cupcake teams, so buying them out and scheduling WSU instead may not pencil out.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT