ADVERTISEMENT

Prediction on starting QB next fall...

Whoever is the QB, I don’t want to see another stiff in the pocket. We must have an athletic QB to have the success we saw this year.

This is the only reason I question the success Eason will have at UW. He is a statue and their offense demands the QB to be somewhat mobile.

Agree, Eason isn’t even accurate (55%). He’s not the answer and I’ll love watching huskie nation dissolve into chaos next year.

Nonsense! He’s going to bring them back to glory. There’s not even a reasonable doubt!

Careful now. Jeff Tuel is the only QB that can consume the English with fireballs from his eyes and bolts of lightning from his arse.

I'd love to have Cooper be ready this year, the thought of a 3 year starter puts a grin on my face.

Pending a Grad Transfer, Tinsley to start the season. Cooper at some point.

This is where I could really see it falling. If we don't get a grad transfer, I expect Tinsley to start but I expect to see Cooper get snaps in our early games. Much like the Tuel/Halliday fun in 2012, I figure Leach gives a senior QB the shot before going to the young guy.

Gubrud just got a mutual follow from Spurrier and Nichol now. Don't know how he would get another year, but stranger things have happened. Boise State and TCU recruiting director also following him....so he must think he has a chance of getting another year.

Gubrud just got a mutual follow from Spurrier and Nichol now. Don't know how he would get another year, but stranger things have happened. Boise State and TCU recruiting director also following him....so he must think he has a chance of getting another year.

Certainly curious. Maybe there is interest in him as a GA?

Maybe...but boise st and tcu just followed him too ..interesting....

You guys stalk much? :rolleyes:

And I only say that because I don't even know what you mean by "follow". Is this that Twitter thing? Facebook? Tinder?

Certainly curious. Maybe there is interest in him as a GA?
That makes more sense than seeing him get another year. I don't see any way he gets a medical redshirt:

2014: Redshirt year. Not due to injury, just a freshman redshirt
2015: FG holder. Occasional punter. Backup QB, appeared in a couple late games at QB. Looks like he appeared in 4 games.
2016: Starting QB, appeared in all 14 games
2017: Starting QB, appeared in all 10 games
2018: Starting QB, appeared in 5 games before season-ending injury

I don't see that he lost any part of 2014 or 2015 to injury, so I can't even see that he'd have the possibility to apply for a year back.

Reactions: Cougzz
If it's going to be Cooper, they better decide sooner rather than later because it will also decide which side Abraham Lucas drops his anchor on.

I agree with your post for the most part but want to point out one thing. ESPN already pegged us as #13 heading into next year. Hard to believe that the media and polls don’t follow suit.
SD...curious why you don't just change your posting name to MTCoug.

If it's going to be Cooper, they better decide sooner rather than later because it will also decide which side Abraham Lucas drops his anchor on.

More important to string along Gordon and Tinsley, IMO, than to worry about moving Abe around at some point following the spring.

SD...curious why you don't just change your posting name to MTCoug.
Good question. Unless something has changes it won’t let me. And I can’t even add a new account with this email address. My preference is to use my old posting name, which was Cougrad, but it’s locked into some old email account that I can’t access anymore.

You’ve now inspired me to look into it again.

Reactions: Ffffws
Tinsley will have it at the start of spring ball, and it is his to lose. If his completion % is under 50%, somebody else will get it. If less than 55%, he is on thin ice and someone else doing well might pass him. If he gets through spring ball anywhere near 60%, he will have locked it down.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT